• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
The underdog role works.
It worked with Rey, and it will get Kallisto over even more.
Not sure why people are being salty about it.
Do people expect Kallisto to dominate Del Rio or something? Seriously?
Someone that they can slot into the WWE title scene if they need to or anywhere else?

Kalisto isn't an underdog. He is a lucky bastard that couldn't win with his finisher, twice.

If you want to see a good underdog win, go watch Mania 30. That's how you book an underdog overcoming the odds.

klonere

Banned
I'm pretty sure Kalisto never actually got to hit his finisher on ADR yet.

One win was a half distraction into rollup and the Raw win was just a rollup. I dunno why they don't want him hitting his finish to win, if they think its too unsafe to do regularly just give him another or alternative finisher.

Aiii

So not worth it

One win was a half distraction into rollup and the Raw win was just a rollup. I dunno why they don't want him hitting his finish to win, if they think its too unsafe to do regularly just give him another or alternative finisher.

Oh, I saw him hit a twisty whirly thingy and the announcers freaked out about it. I haven't actually seen Kalisto in a singles match in a while so I have no clue what his actual finisher is.

klonere

Banned
Oh, I saw him hit a twisty whirly thingy and the announcers freaked out about it. I haven't actually seen Kalisto in a singles match in a while so I have no clue what his actual finisher is.

His finisher is this

cc3675179ddb2eb4383459db50c1fc5a8d3c99cc_hq.gif

The corkscrew thing off the ropes is just a move. The match seemed pretty flat and just as they were building to a nice finish Kalisto just rolled him up again instead of hitting his really cool finish which people really dig so idk? They are probably doing a rematch where he'll get to hit it at the Rumble.

shanafan

Painfully obvious prediction here

Roman enters at Number 1 (It's his Rumble, he's defending the title)

Brock enters at Number 30 (They should try and escalate it to this point, where the more known/bigger players come out later, making it harder and harder for Reigns until BROCK.LESNAR)

Hunter comes out, screws Reigns over, Brock wins

Reigns v. Hunter at Fastlane. If Reigns wins, he gets his rematch at WM

Reigns v. Lesnar at WM. LOLReignsWins

I know people hate predictability in WWE, or at least PAINFULLY OBVIOUS predictability, but this is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS

Reigns at 1.

Reigns by himself at 29 when Brock comes out.

Somehow.. Brock gets eliminated before 30 comes out.

Triple H is 30. Eliminates Reigns, wins title.

Hex

Banned

Exactly.
His finisher did not get kicked out of at all
As far as why he did not hit it, I think it was because they did not want Del Rio to kick out of it but they want to protect Del Rio and also protect the Del Sol.
Again, he is getting paid alot of money and they have uses for him.

Really.
SO you do not know what you are talking about yet you are leading the aggro charge with the chants of bullshit?

Aiii

So not worth it
Really.
SO you do not know what you are talking about yet you are leading the aggro charge with the chants of bullshit?

It doesn't change much of anything from what I said, whether his finisher or not, commentary played it up like it was amazing that Del Rio kicked out from it. Makes his win even more lucky, perhaps.

-edit: Also "aggro charge", really?

Menome

Reigns at 1.

I predict Reigns will 'trick' Lesnar out of the ring by dodging out of the way, video-game boss style. Lesnar goes over the rope, gets furious when he realises. He climbs back into the ring and pummels Reigns, allowing for HHH to score an easy win (Because Roman is still strong then, it wasn't a real loss).

Hex

Banned
I predict Reigns will 'trick' Lesnar out of the ring by dodging out of the way, video-game boss style. Lesnar goes over the rope, gets furious when he realises. He climbs back into the ring and pummels Reigns, allowing for HHH to score an easy win (Because Roman is still strong then, it wasn't a real loss).

I would be honestly surprised if they do not pull one more screwjob on Reigns and have him as either #1 or #2 even though that would really hurt the Rumble match ever more.

I wonder if they are building up to a triple threat at Mania.
Reigns V Lesnar V Triple H

kiguel182

Roll-up wins need to end. Makes everyone look weak. Kalisto already had one roll-up win so why not actually give him a victory on the title match? They just want to extend the program but how many Kalisto vs Del Rio matches do we need?

Becky cut a great promo, good stuff there.

Woods gave us the best moment of the show by far with his reaction to the trambone.

The rest of Raw was, well, Raw.

The underdog role works.
It worked with Rey, and it will get Kallisto over even more.
Not sure why people are being salty about it.
Do people expect Kallisto to dominate Del Rio or something? Seriously?
Someone that they can slot into the WWE title scene if they need to or anywhere else?

Feel free to point out where I said that. Not like there's anything in-between "fluke victory" and "squash match", right? Kalisto winning via lucky rollup kinda says a lot about how he's going to be booked going forward.

Kiyo

Reigns at 1.

This is a good way to get the whole Rumble crowd boo'ing Reigns again (him eliminating Lesnar). I don't think they want that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's really fucking frustrating that Brock, Reigns and fucking HHH are the fucking top prospects to be in the main event at Wrestlemania.

Lothar

Banned
Surprisingly it sounds like there were a couple bright spots on RAW. Will have to skim through when I get the chance.

Just wish they could find a way to not make the other 75 percent of every RAW episode absolute dog shit.

I don't know what could have given you that idea. I was there. The only bright spot in the entire night was Brock coming out and putting an end to the dreadfully boring Roman Reigns/Owens match. There wasn't even any good matches. I was surprised anybody at all was cheering for Roman. There wasn't many but a few were.

This show told me that they didn't care about the ratings going lower in the slightest. They're not even trying.

klonere

Banned
Oh the ADR Kalisto rematch will be on Smackdown. So we could get a 50/50 by the end of today thank you based VKM for the 50/50 booking.

In continued Japanese wrestling falling apart AND injury news:

According to f4wonline.com, Suwama has suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon, and has been forced to vacate AJPW’s triple crown championship. AJPW has announced Kento Miyahara vs. Zeus will take place to crown a new champion.

klonere

Banned
In continued Japanese wrestling falling apart AND injury news:

According to f4wonline.com, Suwama has suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon, and has been forced to vacate AJPW’s triple crown championship. AJPW has announced Kento Miyahara vs. Zeus will take place to crown a new champion.

Fuck I hadn't even had the chance to watch that match yet. Well that sucks for AJPW, sad that Miyahara isn't going to get the big build to becoming the ace that he and the company needs.

Roll-up wins need to end. Makes everyone look weak. Kalisto already had one roll-up win so why not actually give him a victory on the title match? They just want to extend the program but how many Kalisto vs Del Rio matches do we need?.

This is Del Rio's gimmick.

XLVtm.jpg

(Actual answer: nobody runs shit into the ground like WWE.)

orioto

Good Art™
Just saw RAW. It's like they really want the worst possible booking those times.. They sacrifice everything for roman but make him look weak. It's like they want nobody to look strong.

They set up a one man against everyone as main event to finally have a 15 minutes slow match where Owens, who's not even their top heel, beat up and control reigns who has zero offense... So Reings looks weak, then Owens doesn't really benefit cause he wasn't booked initially as THE guy in that match, and the crowd is dead (that's not what they were expecting at all) but anyway.. Everyone looks weak in the end cause Brock destroys everyone.

Also it's funny i totally suspect Owens to be the kind of guy that will adds some little unplanned things to look better than what he would have. Like the way when everyone assaults Reings in the ring, and Sheamus is meant to be the leader there, look at how Owens act like HE'S the leader in the corner telling them what to do. Also when he's meant to be destroyed by Lesnar, he fights a little to avoid being a doll jobber.

Also WTF at Ambrose and Sheamus being so stiff for no reason suddenly lol..

I bought tickets... to a house show.

Well, it's a WWE Network Live Special.

Better be special.

Decided to pull the trigger since ROH didn't announce a NJPW date for Toronto this year.

Painfully obvious prediction here

Roman enters at Number 1 (It's his Rumble, he's defending the title)

Brock enters at Number 30 (They should try and escalate it to this point, where the more known/bigger players come out later, making it harder and harder for Reigns until BROCK.LESNAR)

Hunter comes out, screws Reigns over, Brock wins

Reigns v. Hunter at Fastlane. If Reigns wins, he gets his rematch at WM

Reigns v. Lesnar at WM. LOLReignsWins

I know people hate predictability in WWE, or at least PAINFULLY OBVIOUS predictability, but this is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS

So true. I've been thinking the exact same thing last week when it was announced Brock was going to return. We all know Roman will lose and will 100% get his Mania moment vs Brock. Sucks but painfully cringeworthy and boring.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I bought tickets... to a house show.

Well, it's a WWE Network Live Special.

Better be special.

Decided to pull the trigger since ROH didn't announce a NJPW date for Toronto this year.

I'm also going to this.

I have my reservations. A buddy was saying that a Montreal show got added the night before (March 11) that Brock is booked for though?

RIP in peace again Rusev

Rusev suffered what is begin described as a minor knee injury over the weekend, which is why he was held off Raw. Rusev suffered the injury in a match with Ryback at the WWE live event in Bossier City, Louisiana, on Saturday night. While there is no confirmation, the hope is that Rusev will be back for the Royal Rumble PPV.

Sephzilla

RIP in peace again Rusev

Rusev suffered what is begin described as a minor knee injury over the weekend, which is why he was held off Raw. Rusev suffered the injury in a match with Ryback at the WWE live event in Bossier City, Louisiana, on Saturday night. While there is no confirmation, the hope is that Rusev will be back for the Royal Rumble PPV.

Jesus, at the rate everyone's getting hurt we're going to have Zack Ryder challenging for the World Title soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom