• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Meta booking for Eva is great, she's still terrible in the ring but damn they are using her right.

I actually agree. Eva's meta-booking has made her a tolerable heel, further proving that the entire women's division should be moved to NXT.

Edit - We live in a world where Fury Road got 10 Oscar nominations. I'm okay with this.

KingBroly

Banned
With D-Bry still "injured", Owens and Ambrose
in a last man standing match, meaning both have a good excuse to not be in the rumble
, and every member of the roster being cooled if it looked even remotely like they might get more popular than Reigns I don't think that'll be a problem this year.

Brock's in the Rumble

I watched this match this morning. It was fine, with an almost out of nowhere finish. I chuckled because Gallagher didn't take off the gi.

I do hope there's more striking in the later round matches.

The whole show is on my ever expanding to watch list, there's a Tommy End match so I imagine there will be strikes

Ithil

Meta booking for Eva is great, she's still terrible in the ring but damn they are using her right.
Yes, she's absolutely awful but they know it and are using it to their advantage. They managed to get Carmella from just sort of there to the most beloved person of the night, while still holding Asuka out of the women's title match for now.

Xater

Yes, she's absolutely awful but they know it and are using it to their advantage. They managed to get Carmella from just sort of there to the most beloved person of the night, while still holding Asuka out of the women's title match for now.

Sadly overall the show was pretty meh. They set up the three way well, but it almost felt like a RAW opening segment.

klonere

Banned
Sadly overall the show was pretty meh. They set up the three way well, but it almost felt like a RAW opening segment.

Yeah very slow episode of NXT this week. The opening did indeed feel like a Raw segment but those are 3 guys they'd probably want to bring up to speed on that. The powerbomb spot in the BR was about the only thing of note in it. I'd known for weeks who won the thing, thank you WWE twitter, so there was very little drama in it for me.

I've noticed that nearly ever guy in NXT uses the phrase "As far as I'm concerned". Finn, Joe, Sami, Enzo and Cass all have had it in their promos recently.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince:"Destroy? Kane would never destroy someone. He would obliterate them!"

SrvZ3NF.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe you people didn't ever catch why it's called the Sharpshooter. Is this Cloudbush II?

Aiii

So not worth it
I thought sharpshooter was just the name of the move. I mean when the Rock did it wasn't it called the Sharpshooter?

The Sharpshooter, originally named Sasori-gatame, Scorpion Hold in English,[1][2] is a professional wrestling submission hold. The move is also known by several other names: cloverleaf leg-lace Boston crab, standing reverse figure-four leglock, and, the most commonly known alternative, Scorpion Deathlock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought sharpshooter was just the name of the move. I mean when the Rock did it wasn't it called the Sharpshooter?

Eh, it's like when other people "use" the Rock Bottom.

Anth0ny

With D-Bry still "injured", Owens and Ambrose
in a last man standing match, meaning both have a good excuse to not be in the rumble
, and every member of the roster being cooled if it looked even remotely like they might get more popular than Reigns I don't think that'll be a problem this year.

even though logic would tell us owens and ambrose are too exhausted/injured to enter the rumble, they don't really practice that whole "selling" gimmick nowadays. I can see owens and ambrose sprinting to the ring when they get called for the rumble, good as new. because their roster is so god damn thin that they NEED them in that match.

Caderfix

even though logic would tell us owens and ambrose are too exhausted/injured to enter the rumble, they don't really practice that whole "selling" gimmick nowadays. I can see owens and ambrose sprinting to the ring when they get called for the rumble, good as new. because their roster is so god damn thin that they NEED them in that match.

Actually, I fully expect Owens to get in the Rumble twice, one of those using a fake mustache. That's how thin the roster is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let the women in the Rumble! All of em! None of this "Just Beth Phoenix" or "Just Chyna" stuff. Let's have the whole group!

Wonder if they will do a NXT spot this year as well.

Apollo Crews might be a good fit. He isnt going to make a main roster debut in the near future like guys like Corbin or Balor might so they can toss him out there as a NXT guy and not worry about much.

Or maybe Joe since I am not sure if he will ever get a proper run on the main roster.

Aiii

So not worth it
Let the women in the Rumble! All of em! None of this "Just Beth Phoenix" or "Just Chyna" stuff. Let's have the whole group!

Fuck it, they have plenty of women on the roster and in NXT, do a legit 30-minute women's rumble for a shot at Charlotte's newly dubbed WOMEN'S TITLE at Mania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really like Punk, but I got to say, if he loses, it's going to be pretty entertaining.

Either way it's fascinating to see if Dana "won" - which means found a guy who Punk can beat.

Xater

Fuck it, they have plenty of women on the roster and in NXT, do a legit 30-minute women's rumble for a shot at Charlotte's newly dubbed WOMEN'S TITLE at Mania.

Did they really just rename it or are you making some kind of joke I am not getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom