• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring him, Bullet Club, and Balor in. Sell it as pandemonium like its an invasion and lots of "Oh my God that AJ STYLES and The Bullet Club! Finn Balor ran with these men in Japan! Balor has called in his own personal army!"

Then just have them run a train on the rumble, and then have them step over the ropes one at a time till its just their leader in the ring.

It would be way better if it was nWo style. Just showing up in the crowd first, then they do a segment in the wring, then a match, etc.

imBask

Banned
Bring him, Bullet Club, and Balor in. Sell it as pandemonium like its an invasion and lots of "Oh my God that AJ STYLES and The Bullet Club! Finn Balor ran with these men in Japan! Balor has called in his own personal army!"

Then just have them run a train on the rumble, and then have them step over the ropes one at a time till its just their leader in the ring.

here's a better plan :

do that, but have them fight the Usos every week in meaningless matches, don't give them any storyline and blame Balor's accent 2 years from now

Aiii

So not worth it
here's a better plan :

do that, but have them fight the Usos every week in meaningless matches, don't give them any storyline and blame Balor's accent 2 years from now

Make sure every other WWE guy goes over on these non-WWE established fucks, too.

Hex

Banned
Nah bring them in huge with a build up, then stick them in a dead end feud and job them out to the Wyatts and then have all four Wyatts get jobbed out to Kane and Big Show the following week to show exactly how useless it all was.

As far as AJ's theme give him an instrumental version of his " I AM" theme

For real, turn Balor heel, get him to call in a favor debut the club

I honestly can't picture Styles debuting in the Rumble. Yes, the Rumble tends to have a smark crowd, but the announcers would have to put him over HUGE which is something I can't see the current team doing. At least if he were to debut in NXT, then they could build him up.

I can hear their painfully obvious fake enthusiasm along with Jerry Lawler's complete and total apathy now.

How was he as a heel? I never watched any of his work.

I have no idea. I never have either. I'd imagine it looks like this though

giphy.gif

WWNLive.com announced it has expanded their distribution universe of their live pay-per-view wrestling program in a deal with the Flipps app, which makes live television programming available on your smart TV without the need for additional software, plug-ins or wires. Programming can be viewed on your smart phone/tablet or directly on your large screen smart television. Flipps is a free download from the iTunes or Google Play store and works anywhere in the world that has WiFi connectivity.

Has anyone in here mentioned the carny shit the NHL pulled?

What happened

Entropia

No One Remembers
What happened

The NHL had a vote for the all-star game. Some guy who's not that great got voted in, so much that he was the 'captain' for his division's team in the all-star game. The NHL was none too pleased about this. His team (Arizona Coyotes) sent him down to their farm team, but he could still play I believe. The NHL asked him to bow out, he said "No thanks, I'd like to play!"

Then the NHL basically orchestrated a trade between Arizona and Montreal (who are in different divisions and conferences), so he was sent to Montreal and then Montreal demoted them to their AHL team (which is in St. John's, Newfoundland).

At this point, he can no longer participate in the NHL All-Star game. And his wife is due to have TWINS in about a week, and because she's so near to term she can't fly out to St. John's and because he's going to be expected to play... he'll probably miss the birth of his kids.

Just a scummy situation overall.

The NHL had a vote for the all-star game. Some guy who's not that great got voted in, so much that he was the 'captain' for his division's team in the all-star game. The NHL was none too pleased about this. His team (Arizona Coyotes) sent him down to their farm team, but he could still play I believe. The NHL asked him to bow out, he said "No thanks, I'd like to play!"

Then the NHL basically orchestrated a trade between Arizona and Montreal (who are in different divisions and conferences), so he was sent to Montreal and then Montreal demoted them to their AHL team (which is in St. John's, Newfoundland).

At this point, he can no longer participate in the NHL All-Star game. And his wife is due to have TWINS in about a week, and because she's so near to term she can't fly out to St. John's and because he's going to be expected to play... he'll probably miss the birth of his kids.

Just a scummy situation overall.
That has VKM written all over it. Sadly.

NYR

Fuck John Scott and the internet nerds who like to ruin things and then whine when the NHL ruins their thing.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Fuck John Scott and the internet nerds who like to ruin things and then whine when the NHL ruins their thing.

It's an all-star game. There's no sanctity to it. Who cares? Nobody watches the damn thing anyway. People voted in a guy they wanted to see and the league took their ball and went home. It's lame as hell.

Oersted

The women need better booking.

First of all, make them endure more. Women in lesser shape can deal with pregnancies. These holds are cakewalks, no reason to tap.

Secondly, they need a "shit about to get real" character. Someone like Rousey, just with credibility.

On the plus side, Becky vs Charlotte is the only well developed feud of the entire roster.

Delved into the dark and disgusting world of super fans. Some weird shit that is. This chump that's dating Noelle Foley should be an inspiration to GAFers.

I honestly can't picture Styles debuting in the Rumble. Yes, the Rumble tends to have a smark crowd, but the announcers would have to put him over HUGE which is something I can't see the current team doing. At least if he were to debut in NXT, then they could build him up.

Assuming they don't give the title back to Roman (they can't, can't let him win the Rumble twice in a row, right?). Have Roman start off the Rumble strong, AJ comes in and immediately eliminates him. AJ doesn't have to win the whole thing, but in the post-Rumble interview AJ plays off like Roman no one special. Boom, instant heel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really want Roman to win somehow. I mean, the internet will revolt. If he got to throw out Bryan I'd probably die laughing.

Ithil

According to Pwtorch WWE outbid ROH to get AJ Styles. He is supposedly making 6 figures for this contract. This makes sense because he was make that much in TNA before he left.

If he is getting 6 figures he going straight to the main roster. He better be in the Rumble because everyone expects him to be in it. It would be stupid not to put him in it. If he is not in it then the rumble is going to be heel again for the third straight year.

edit: If he is in it he better have a good theme and not a failure like Samoa Joe's theme when he debuted in NXT.

I assume you mean some other way of six figures because "over 100k" doesn't sound like much for a main roster wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom