• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned

yGllJkV.gif

UberTag

Without a doubt. He seems to realise a heel run is important if you want to ascend - Roman could do with a run on the other side of the tracks.
I'm sure that Roman realizes this as well. But stubborn Vince won't allow it.
He must be their never turning, always face, always pushed, always strong, always smiling, always defying "the odds" John Cena replacement NOW.

klonere

Banned
Can an Observer subscriber verify this for us?

Bryan posited the question as "I've heard speculation that Hogan will be back by Mania" and Dave said he wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened. Dave said the company more than likely would bring him back whenever they could do it "without any heat". Dave pointed out how stuff like this is different for a celebrity and Bryan remarked on the amount of support Hulk got and still gets to this day from people who believe that he either was set up or has atoned for his sins. Dave goes on about how the real big issue is sponsor backlash from re-hiring Hogan and that if anybody important kicked up a real big stink about it, it would be very bad for the company.

He then finished by saying it's 95% likely not to happen and whether or not its worth the 5% which could lead to the aforementioned backlash is a question for the WWE.

RBH

Bryan posited the question as "I've heard speculation that Hogan will be back by Mania" and Dave said he wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened. Dave said the company more than likely would bring him back whenever they could do it "without any heat". Dave pointed out how stuff like this is different for a celebrity and Bryan remarked on the amount of support Hulk got and still gets to this day from people who believe that he either was set up or has atoned for his sins. Dave goes on about how the real big issue is sponsor backlash from re-hiring Hogan and that if anybody important kicked up a real big stink about it, it would be very bad for the company.

He then finished by saying it's 95% likely not to happen and whether or not its worth the 5% which could lead to the aforementioned backlash is a question for the WWE.

Thanks!

It'd be pretty easy to get Hogan over again. Just have him come out and save Mark Henry from an attack by the Dark Match Dynasty/Social Outcasts and have Henry call him "brother".

Jesus fucking Christ, the Ospreay vs Scurll match just now was something special. They're going to be hard pressed to top that at PROGRESS next week.

shaowebb

Stardom wrestling continues to amaze me in how stiff its performers operate.

k4BLSCI.gif

She didn't fold on impact or roll back to make that stomp have less impact at all...that was just pure womb doom.

UberTag

WWE Smackdown commentator Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett call the Match of the Year 2015: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi

If you're curious what Nakamura could bring to WWE and are unfamiliar with his work, look no further than that video.
Have we decided on what Nakamura's new WWE-approved name will be yet?
How about Action NakShin?

I absolutely lost it
when they started playing badminton
Mere words cannot describe how amazing this match is.

Recall

I wish wrestling preservation was a thing when it came to PPVs and shows of the past.

Finding any AJW footage is just a mish-mash of 17th generation VHS rips and altered videos to avoid copyright flags.

Where are those master tapes? Why are they lost in the sea of time? Or are they?

That recurring rumour of WWE wanting to introduce a Sister Abigail character must be haunting the NXT women's locker room.

Whoever gets picked for that gimmick is screwed for life.

MC Safety

That recurring rumour of WWE wanting to introduce a Sister Abigail character must be haunting the NXT women's locker room.

Whoever gets picked for that gimmick is screwed for life.

I could see a woman wrestler signing up to ride the gravy train as Sister Abigail for a few years. Whoever she is, she'll likely be a valet, make some speeches, and not do much in the way of heavy lifting. I'm not sure it would be a bad gig.

In my head I somehow see Eva Marie being made Sister Abigail because that would be "funny" and they would just turn the Wyatts full comedy at that point......or a repackaged Blue Pants if they wanted to give her a full time gig and a actual character.

In my head I somehow see Eva Marie being made Sister Abigail because that would be "funny" and they would just turn the Wyatts full comedy at that point......or a repackaged Blue Pants if they wanted to give her a full time gig and a actual character.
I think it may be Eva simply because the crowd hates her and what better way to make the Wyatt's hated than loved.

DMczaf

Meltz and Alvarez are saying there is word within WWE that Hogan might be out of the dog house for WM, depending on if they can bring him back and not get burned for it.

Hogan is ETERNAL.

Aiii

So not worth it
I would love if they brought him back for a gauntlet match and have him go over on every black guy in the company only to get utterly beaten to bloody bits (and I mean bloody like in Boots' jiffs) by Hall of Pain Henry.

I would love if they brought him back for a gauntlet match and have him go over on every black guy in the company only to get utterly beaten to bloody bits (and I mean bloody like in Boots' jiffs) by Hall of Pain Henry.
Then Joan Sena comes out and throws Mark Henry over his head into the back of the arena?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom