• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he can wrestle or not but this Jeet dude looks dope and i'm fully on board
erV8dnm.jpg

I dunno, just can't tell he's indian enough. I don't think the audience will get that he's indian or foreign. Get him some of those Sabu pants and dress him up like Bret Hart in the Aladdin stage play.

jam_aladdin256.jpg

11532%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20microphone%20nodding%20paul_bearer%20shane_mcmahon%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwf.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA was giving AJ around 400k if I remember right.

WWE offered him a deal worth a tenth of that in NXT. He basically made about his TNA salary on the indies and NJPW these past years but had to work an insane schedule to do so. Now that he's basically rehabbed his image by not being in TNA he's worth that 400k or more.

somedevil

I assume you mean some other way of six figures because "over 100k" doesn't sound like much for a main roster wrestler.

The article I read didn't give a number. Basically it said ROH offered him 6 figures but the WWE gave him a blow away offer to sign with them.

TNA had him at 350,000 before his contract was over. They offered him over 200,000 and he left.

So the WWE offer had be above the 350,000 mark to be called blow away.

edit: AJ has said he wants money so he can retire well off. So this offer had to be at the level.

lmao

At tonight's house show, Breeze lost via rollup to Darren Young in seconds, complained he wasn't ready, then lost again to Titus in under a minute

More entertaining than the WWE

I was rooting for Miz to win but I thought puder was going to be a damn beast with hia background. Seems like he just couldn't keep himself grounded. It's just like being in a new job, even if you've done the work before, don't come off as arrogant or you'll be viewed as that guy.

That's kinda low on what he said about Bob.

Oh well. Holly will go down as having a better career than him. So I guess that makes him a winner compared to puder.

What's this in reference to?

Did they do anything to explain why Lawler is a shithead again or is it "just because he is now"?

I don't watch wrestling like I used to nowadays, but I guess this must've happened when Mauro was introduced. I guess Smackdown needed a heel commentator and King does a better heel commentator than whatever he was doing the past years.

MC Safety

Did they do anything to explain why Lawler is a shithead again or is it "just because he is now"?

Having an announcer flip-flop is ridiculous. It's ten times worse than the flip-flopping done by wrestlers.

The only decent alignment shifts for announcers was when JR snapped and when Michael Cole went from being evil and annoying Michael Cole to regular and less annoying Michael Cole.

rrc1594

Having an announcer flip-flop is ridiculous. It's ten times worse than the flip-flopping done by wrestlers.

The only decent alignment shifts for announcers was when JR snapped and when Michael Cole went from being evil and annoying Michael Cole to regular and less annoying Michael Cole.

?

In September 1996, Jim Ross went insane and brought in two dudes pretending to be Razor Ramon and Diesel. He was also a total ass to Vince on commentary before the whole thing was randomly dropped after about three months.

In March 1999, he went bonkers again, setting up his own announce table in front of Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. He had been off television for three months after another bout of Bell's Palsy. He kicked Cole in the nuts and had Dr. Death Steve Williams as his muscle, but the whole thing was dropped as the fans started cheering Ross and booing Cole. The whole thing was dropped kayfabe when Cole stepped aside voluntarily for Ross to call Rock vs. Austin at WM15.

Striker

The Ross stuff in '96 was strange, but if you watch it back he rips on the silly gimmicks Vince and Co. thought up with when Vince is sitting right there.

More entertaining than the WWE

What's this in reference to?
Daniel puder in tough enough.

The Ross stuff in '96 was strange, but if you watch it back he rips on the silly gimmicks Vince and Co. thought up with when Vince is sitting right there.
He was shooting!

Not really but it sure did make for laughable moments. JR just can't be heel. The funny thing is, when he set up his own announcement table and started calling the matches by himself; yen years later they do it with Cole lol.

klonere

Banned
Didn't she bust out a 450 every so often?

she did a weird Shooting Star thing with her knees that never looked right. Maybe she'll just start doing a regular SSP if she allowed to bust out modified Canadian Destroyers at house shows.

Alexa is lowkey the future of the NXT women's division if she keeps improving as fast as she is in ring. On the mic she's already there.

Strax

The NHL had a vote for the all-star game. Some guy who's not that great got voted in, so much that he was the 'captain' for his division's team in the all-star game. The NHL was none too pleased about this. His team (Arizona Coyotes) sent him down to their farm team, but he could still play I believe. The NHL asked him to bow out, he said "No thanks, I'd like to play!"

Then the NHL basically orchestrated a trade between Arizona and Montreal (who are in different divisions and conferences), so he was sent to Montreal and then Montreal demoted them to their AHL team (which is in St. John's, Newfoundland).

At this point, he can no longer participate in the NHL All-Star game. And his wife is due to have TWINS in about a week, and because she's so near to term she can't fly out to St. John's and because he's going to be expected to play... he'll probably miss the birth of his kids.

Just a scummy situation overall.

I got legit angry reading this.

klonere

Banned
Moves mean nothing

Thankfully she's probably one of the best promos in the entire company and has fantastic charisma in general. Her in ring is the only thing that needs work before she really becomes a main event player and the gif shows she's on her way there!

klonere

Banned
I mean Recall is kinda right, on the main roster moves seem to mean less than nothing nowadays.

Remember when Ambrose kicked out of the spear during the WHC match at Survivor Series. Boy what a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom