• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
Take your eye off things for a few weeks, and Joan Cena ends up injured. On the plus side, Rock is coming back apparently. So are we getting Rocky vs. Triple Haitch now?

And Romanian Reigns and Barack Lesnar are both in the Roman Rumble. I got my wish friends. The stars shine upon me.

They don't want to see us shine.

tumblr_o0gklqKWPu1tuub8ro1_250.gif

But you know what they all get?

tumblr_o0guo1WIK81thyor9o3_540.gif

And you can belee...

tumblr_nvtbm7ANfE1tqjisao1_250.gif

Hit the music.

Big One

Banned
TNA had their chance and they blew it.
They had Styles, Chris Daniels, Kazarian, Alex Shelly, Chris Sabin, Amazing Red.
At one time they had Raven, CM Punk, Jerry Lynn, America's Most Wanted, Low Ki. So many others that I am missing but they blew it by resorting to gimmicks and horse shit.
Then instead of backing their talent, and they went next level carny and buried their talent bringing in old WWE has beens and then pushing all of their guys to the back.
Honestly it isn't all that much different than what WWE is doing today. Only replace guys like Bobby Roode with guys like Roman Reigns instead.

DMczaf

Thunderlips went into business for himself after Rocky didn't shake his hand backstage.

It was ahead of its time.

I still don't get the ending of the match. Thunderlips throws Rocky over the top rope, match continues. Rocky throws Thunderlips over the top rope, match is over.

Verendus

Banned
Odds of Undertaker also being in the Roman Rumble?

I feel like I'm asking for too much here, but my motto since 2014 has been to balee.

All I need is Reigns to enter number one. Then number two enters and it's Barack Lesnar. Bring on that 60 minute Iron Man match with them outlasting all other competitors to the final two.

Edit:

Isn't Big Show #1 this year? Can't wait for Cole and JBL to mention how only 2 people have won it from #1 and only mentioning Michaels.

Reigns will probably be #2 and beat Rey's record for longest time in a rumble.
Is this confirmed?

I thought number one for Reigns was natural since he's been attacking Vincent. This ruins everything!

Odds of Undertaker also being in the Roman Rumble?

I feel like I'm asking for too much here, but my motto since 2014 has been to balee.

All I need is Reigns to enter number one. Then number two enters and it's Barack Lesnar. Bring on that 60 minute Iron Man match with them outlasting all other competitors to the final two.

Edit:

Is this confirmed?

I thought number one for Reigns was natural since he's been attacking Vincent. This ruins everything!
When Show announced it, it sounded as if he would be number 1 but I think he was just the first to enter himself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Big Show was the FIRST TO ANNOUNCE ENTRANCE INTO THE ROYAL RUMBLE. He didn't volunteer to go in number one.

Meanwhile Vince has been hinting that Reigns will be forced to go in at number one.

Verendus

Banned
Friends, Sir Google is very unclear on this whole Big Slow matter.

Edit:

Will take your word MG. The dream of Roman and Brock at 1 and 2 is still alive.

Balee Dat.

Big Show was the FIRST TO ANNOUNCE ENTRANCE INTO THE ROYAL RUMBLE. He didn't volunteer to go in number one.

Meanwhile Vince has been hinting that Reigns will be forced to go in at number one.
Logically this makes the most sense. Especially the way they're playing this, "Roman must die" storyline.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair though, going in second is even more humiliating. You don't get the prestige of being the first one in and you're going to get jumped by the guy who did get number one.

Son Of D

Alright. Had a feeling I was wrong. Reigns is definitely #1 then. #2 will probably be someone to wear Reigns out quickly. Either Lesnar (so he can kill everyone as they enter) or someone like Big Show.

Verendus

Banned
I'm genuinely curious to see who wins it out of Reigns and Barack.

It seems like Haitch returning and costing Roman the match is a foregone conclusion, but if you're going to give someone a second Roman Rumble win, why not give it to the guy it's named after?

It only makes sense.

Hex

Banned
Honestly it isn't all that much different than what WWE is doing today. Only replace guys like Bobby Roode with guys like Roman Reigns instead.

Roman is at least trying to build new talent.
A better example would have been when the Dudleys came in and ran over New Day and everyone else for a short time.
Or when they have Big Show or Kane run all over some up and comer just to look strong so that they can then job to someone else.

Verendus

Banned
What's happening with Bryan anyway? Is he out permanently, or is he coming back? With Joan Cena spending quality time in the hospital, I wouldn't mind seeing Bryan and Undertakah face off in a one on one singles match.

What's happening with Bryan anyway? Is he out permanently, or is he coming back? With Joan Cena spending quality time in the hospital, I wouldn't mind seeing Bryan and Undertakah face off in a one on one singles match.

Basically, the story is that Bryan's doctors have medically cleared him to come back, but WWE's doctors won't clear him due to the concussion stuff.

Verendus

Banned
So he's not coming back then I guess. Joan Cena and Bryan were the last two big matches I wanted to see him in. I'd also be happy to see him job to Roman, but this year is Barack's turn.

I got no one.

Verendus

Banned
Wait, that's not an old photo? Y2J is back? So we got both Rock and Y2J returning. All bets are off now.

I'm changing my hopes for the Roman Rumble. Big Dave Batista is coming back to win for the third time. It's all about next week. WWE are going to pull off successfully what they should have pulled off 2 years ago. Now is the moment.

The Brotista era begins. Again.

At this point he needs to go into business for himself to get the accolades he richly deserves, but good guy Glenn wouldn't do such things, he's a professional and the lynchpin of WWE in this injury era.
I agree. They should at least let him keep the all time eliminating record(but we know Roman will take that all the way to the bank.).

I like how the mentioning of Kane is like a batman symbol to you 😁

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait, that's not an old photo? Y2J is back? So we got both Rock and Y2J returning. All bets are off now.

I'm changing my hopes for the Roman Rumble. Big Dave Batista is coming back to win for the third time. It's all about next week. WWE are going to pull off successfully what they should have pulled off 2 years ago. Now is the moment.

The Brotista era begins. Again.

Now Hit My Music!

UberTag

D.Brine is a full-time star of Total Divas.
Otherwise, he's retired while Brie pays the bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom