• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvatron

All I need is Reigns to enter number one. Then number two enters and it's Barack Lesnar. Bring on that 60 minute Iron Man match with them outlasting all other competitors to the final two.

That's not bad, but you skipped the finish.

HHH or Sheamus throws out both their tired asses and sends all the kids home crying. Confetti everywhere like an NXT title match as he gloats with Vinny Mac raising the winner's hand.

Not that he has the balls to book that...I don't think they're comfortable with real heat anymore

That's not bad, but you skipped the finish.

HHH or Sheamus throws out both their tired asses and sends all the kids home crying. Confetti everywhere like an NXT title match as he gloats with Vinny Mac raising the winner's hand.

Not that he has the balls to book that...I don't think they're comfortable with real heat anymore
That's the problem, I had a problem with Hunter consoling that kid who started crying when he was just being a heel. Breaking fucking kayfabe and shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's the problem, I had a problem with Hunter consoling that kid who started crying when he was just being a heel. Breaking fucking kayfabe and shit.

I'm of two minds on HHH lately regarding this.

Kayfabe is super ultra dead. Like 30 years so.

The degree to which this guy, ostensibly the on screen boss and ultimate bad guy of the show disregards important character building beats both sets a bad example and is something they'd punish anyone besides him, steph, or the part timers/John Cena for doing.

galvatron

The degree to which this guy, ostensibly the on screen boss and ultimate bad guy of the show disregards important character building beats both sets a bad example and is something they'd punish anyone besides him, steph, or the part timers/John Cena for doing.

This is what I would mean by kayfabe...it's just the "in universe" logic of the show. Do what you will on twitter or in real life, but keep the show consistent...To me, that moment with the kid should have been the turning point where HHH realized he was no longer qualified to be the main bad guy if he's worried about how it reflects on the executive position he holds.

With that said, he's had the 2 sickest entrances and really solid matches at the last 2 wrestlemanias, so I do enjoy his ring work now more than probably ever.

I Google phsyco sid gif and couldn't find the one with him looking intense and fist bumping fans. Can someone hook me up?

Also, where do you go for your gifs?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I Google phsyco sid gif and couldn't find the one with him looking intense and fist bumping fans. Can someone hook me up?

Also, where do you go for your gifs?

legitshook.com has high quality, non-watermarked goodness.

shaowebb

Needs more Stardom Wrestling in here.

i9c6qJj.gif

My god her suplexes look amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

O'reilly vs Strong
, Andrews vs Ricochet and Marty vs Thatcher looks cool but god damn that opening just proves how laughable the idea of pushing Kenny Omega as a top heel is. Might as well throw Kikutaro in there for the IWGP reign.

Rushmore 2.0 is like BDK levels of 'I've only seen this three times yet it feels like it's been over 2 years old. end this shit' tier.

Foffy

Banned
O'reilly vs Strong
, Andrews vs Ricochet and Marty vs Thatcher looks cool but god damn that opening just proves how laughable the idea of pushing Kenny Omega as a top heel is. Might as well throw Kikutaro in there for the IWGP reign.

Rushmore 2.0 is like BDK levels of 'I've only seen this three times yet it feels like it's been over 2 years old. end this shit' tier.

He, hey's just cleaning basic promos of "I'm a bad guy!" with "mwuahahahaha! I am a b a d guy."

Omega is the anime warlord we all need.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He, hey's just cleaning basic promos of "I'm a bad guy!" with "mwuahahahaha! I am a b a d guy."

Omega is the anime warlord we all need.

If you want an anime warlord then you can watch NOAH and watch Taichi.

It's the same thing and he's been doing it longer. (and it's garbage there too)

Someone and I were talking about how dead it was and I was like, maybe they should try restoring it. But at the same time they kill it by giving us all of this inside shit on the network.

Verendus

Banned
I hope the Royal Rumble thread has the title "Roman Rumble".

It's never been more justified. Don't mess this up BatistaGAF. It's like a once in a century type of chance.

Watched some STARDOM, real good tag match with Kairi Hojo & Kay Lee Ray vs Kellie Skater & Evie, well worth checking out.

J9axhfx.gif

dsBCzU2.gif

DL9IJmF.gif

O'reilly vs Strong

You think he'll do that spot in the upcoming IWGP Intercontinental Title match? Or anything remotely as ridiculous as that?

He did the dumb chainsaw spot in the match with Taguchi for the junior heavyweight championship at WK9

So? He also shoved a broom handle up Taguchi's ass, but I don't think a ridiculous match with Taguchi automatically means Omega will be doing such goofy comedy spots in his first title match as a heavyweight against what'll most likely be either Tanahashi or Goto. Can you see that? Honestly?

In the tag match where he pinned Shinsuke the only thing approaching a comedy spot was the Bucks playing the Terminator theme on the ring canvas.

lupin23rd

Had a weird wrestling-related dream this morning and thought I would share.

Social Outcasts make their way down into the ring to do a promo, looks like Heath Slater has got a belt. Maybe the US Championship? Don't actually remember any words from the dream. After Heath says what he needs to say (assuming he's doing an open challenge thing), some new variation on the Bullet Club theme hits. Three guys come out and stop at the top of the ramp to do their shtick. Not sure who the two guys in the back are (AJ and Gallows maybe?), but the guy out front and holding the mic is Chris Jericho. Didn't actually see a match.

Honestly doesn't sound too far off a typical RAW, so I hope the WWE writing team isn't reading this.

UberTag

The pressing question for me tomorrow night when we see the 6th variant of this exact opening... will Roman's shoulders be covered or will he be sporting the sleeveless look?

I'm betting on sleeveless to maintain 50/50 booking. Tune in tomorrow night to see if I'm right. I'm ALL-IN on sleeveless.

Thank you.

Had a weird wrestling-related dream this morning and thought I would share.

Social Outcasts make their way down into the ring to do a promo, looks like Heath Slater has got a belt. Maybe the US Championship? Don't actually remember any words from the dream. After Heath says what he needs to say (assuming he's doing an open challenge thing), some new variation on the Bullet Club theme hits. Three guys come out and stop at the top of the ramp to do their shtick. Not sure who the two guys in the back are (AJ and Gallows maybe?), but the guy out front and holding the mic is Chris Jericho. Didn't actually see a match.

Honestly doesn't sound too far off a typical RAW, so I hope the WWE writing team isn't reading this.
If it's a bad idea, they're reading.

Colocho

Banned
The pressing question for me tomorrow night when we see the 6th variant of this exact opening... will Roman's shoulders be covered or will he be sporting the sleeveless look?

I'm betting on sleeveless to maintain 50/50 booking. Tune in tomorrow night to see if I'm right. I'm ALL-IN on sleeveless.

I don't know man, they might go covered again for the ultimate swerve.

The only thing I'd bet on, is that Steph goes over.

Entropia

No One Remembers

And will he be holding the belt upside down?

Remember that report that came out months ago around the time Rollins got hurt and it said something like HHH was expected to win the Rumble and have a Mania title match with him

And everybody flipped out and cried bullshit because lol at the idea of HHH winning the Rumble...in 2016

And now it's gotten to the point where everyone is hurt and he's one of the only three people who could actually genuinely win it lol

UberTag

Remember that report that came out months ago around the time Rollins got hurt and it said something like HHH was expected to win the Rumble and have a Mania title match with him

And everybody flipped out and cried bullshit because lol at the idea of HHH winning the Rumble...in 2016

And now it's gotten to the point where everyone is hurt and he's one of the only three people who could actually genuinely win it lol
He's still the odds-on favorite by virtue of the fact that he's not coming back on TV before the Rumble.

And why would they waste both Brock (the #1 guy who's over) and Roman (the #1 guy they're trying to megapush) on the same Mania match when they can pad their 4-hour event with having them in two matches? It wouldn't make any sense.

Brock's going to destroy a bunch of geeks. Get eliminated by his Mania opponent. Roman will come out towards the end of the match (instead of the beginning - even though that would make more sense). He'll toss out a bunch of guys. It'll look like he's in command and then Triple H will be #30 (or #31 'cause LOL) and win the title.

Hey if you haven't checked out the high spots subscription service they do a week trial. I've been checking out old pwg shows and best friend episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom