• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

So...why won't Vince just strip Reigns of the title THEN fire him?
There is no reason.

The kayfabe reason McMahon couldn't fire Austin is because Vince couldn't risk Austin jumping to the competition. Now that WWE has no competition it kills a huge part of authority storylines because there's literally no reason for the authority to tolerate insubordination.

WMBT27

There is no reason.

The kayfabe reason McMahon couldn't fire Austin is because Vince couldn't risk Austin jumping to the competition. Now that WWE has no competition it kills a huge part of authority storylines because there's literally no reason for the authority to tolerate insubordination.

What do you mean? You don't think they're worried about Italian Drizzles showing up on Pop TV next week?

KingBroly

Banned
There is no reason.

You'd think they'd get rid of automatic rematch clauses as well for that reason.

Man, I despise the rematch clause

Ithil

There is no reason.

He put him in a gauntlet match against the entire roster (of heels) last week, then when it looked like Reigns might win the first match (of a gauntlet of dozens), he had all the jobbers rush the ring and cause a DQ for....some reason.

Logical, plausible storytelling left the company some time ago.

galvatron

No, there was a REAL WORLD'S CHAMPION™ in that match.

Damn...I think that's the only time another fed's "champ" went over in a pseudo-unification in the WWE.

Taz jobbed to HHH after winning the ECW belt
Benoit jobbed to HHH first night on raw after leaving WCW as champ.
Sting can't win a WWE match

You'd think they'd get rid of automatic rematch clauses as well for that reason.

Man, I despise the rematch clause

Yeah...seems like a missed heel building opportunity. Much like money in the bank going to a face.
Winning an automatic rematch by cheating to regain a belt *kisses fingers*

Sephzilla

Damn...I think that's the only time another fed's "champ" went over in a pseudo-unification in the WWE.

Theres a common factor in those three bullet points....

Oersted

Yeah...seems like a missed heel building opportunity. Much like money in the bank going to a face.
Winning an automatic rematch by cheating to regain a belt *kisses fingers*

Is Benoit canon? I mean his existence, not the match in particular.

DMczaf

tumblr_ljwi5wB5xk1qgudl3o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom