• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMBT27

I can't believe this is a go home show. This is the show they want people to see to buy their pay per view Sunday.

But it's FREE FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!!

So all they need is:
1. Everyone who has the network to keep paying for it. Doesn't matter if they watch the Rumble or not
2. Hope that the appeal of the Rumble convinces a bunch of people to sign up
3. Watch 75% of those people forget to cancel when their month is up or decide "eh it's only $30 bucks to stick around through Wrestlemania".

It's genius really. The Rumble is one of their most popular shows and one of the few times the Match itself is a draw. It's close enough to Mania that people won't bother cancelling.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It's free on the Network so they don't give a shit. Plus, it's the Rumble. Everyone watches that anyway.

I mean, technically, every PPV is free for somebody somewhere since the first month is free. They get my 9.99 a month, though. Because I'm a sucker and it's easier to just let it go every month. I'm still paying for these, Vince!

iMax

I mean, technically, every PPV is free for somebody somewhere since the first month is free. They get my 9.99 a month, though. Because I'm a sucker and it's easier to just let it go every month. I'm still paying for these, Vince!

is the first month always free? I thought they only had that offer at certain times.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I think they have zero idea what to do with Neville but feel obligated to put him on TV since people like him and he shockingly won that Slammy. Which is a shame, since I think he's better than this.

shanafan

I used to drive through Ohio to reach Indianapolis for business trips. For a two hour drive through Ohio, it's just farm land, lol.
Course it could just be my route

iMax

How much do you want to bet that Neville gets the pin on MLK day while tagging with three black teammates.

D6mujap.gif

DMczaf

During the latest Wooooo! Nation podcast with guest Chris Jericho, Ric Flair mentioned that Vince McMahon made a big money offer to Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement to work the 30-man Royal Rumble match.

Flair said, "They want him so bad for Royal Rumble, but he ain't budging from that ranch down there in Texas."

I wonder what "big money" is to Flair.

$10K?

number47

Legends with jbl will feature all your favorite 90s wrestlers answer the hard hitting question. "when did you know you were a alcholoic?"

I think they have zero idea what to do with Neville but feel obligated to put him on TV since people like him and he shockingly won that Slammy. Which is a shame, since I think he's better than this.

He's the new Evan Bourne. He was always destined to be that once Vince got a hold of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom