• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Reigns needs to go out before the endgame. If it comes down to Roman v X it's not going to work- he needs to get fucked over before the end is in sight.

My fear is that they're going to have Lesnar enter as 30, and have Roman survive the entire time until Lesnar. Or do something similarly stupid where Reigns throws Lesnar out one on one, to either a) win or b) gets hosed by HHH right afterward. Or, Bryan will enter and get thrown out and Reigns will win, which will more or less undo everything they've accomplished with him.

Though, Reigns allying with the Authority and throwing Bryan out of the Rumble would get NUCLEAR heat. Would also set up a Rollins / Reigns feud and an Ambrose / Reigns feud.

I think you need to have Roman get thrown out less then halfway through - people want that excitement and unpredictability for the Rumble.

Ithil

Josh is 6'7", 275lbs and a former athlete.

What the fuck is somebody like Bo Dallas gonna do to him? Shoot on him with some of the moves Brisco taught HBK?

Only chance of Bo Dallas has in beating somebody up is if he lands his belly on someones face and suffocates them with his mass and large surface area.

How'd Goldberg do in that fight with Jericho again?

jmdajr

So I just spent 90 minutes watching this lecture on how sugar is poison. Sure is scary but based on how much data there is now, it's probably fucking true.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

I bet Vince doesn't eat a lot of sugar.
Damage from HGH and Steroids can't say, but hey...even Arnold and Sly seem to be doing ok.

I cut back on sugar/carbs because my blood sugar levels weren't the best, but now the problem is..losing too much weight!
I'm going to disappear.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Josh is 6'7", 275lbs and a former athlete.

What the fuck is somebody like Bo Dallas gonna do to him? Shoot on him with some of the moves Brisco taught HBK?

Only chance of Bo Dallas has in beating somebody up is if he lands his belly on someones face and suffocates them with his mass and large surface area.
Taking some stiff chops isn't going to result in a dude going into business for himself. That's why hazing was such a big thing back in the day.

kirblar

My fear is that they're going to have Lesnar enter as 30, and have Roman survive the entire time until Lesnar. Or do something similarly stupid where Reigns throws Lesnar out one on one, to either a) win or b) gets hosed by HHH right afterward. Or, Bryan will enter and get thrown out and Reigns will win, which will more or less undo everything they've accomplished with him.

Though, Reigns allying with the Authority and throwing Bryan out of the Rumble would get NUCLEAR heat. Would also set up a Rollins / Reigns feud and an Ambrose / Reigns feud.

I think you need to have Roman get thrown out less then halfway through - people want that excitement and unpredictability for the Rumble.
The thing I like about this year's Rumble story is that it's murderer's row - Lesnar is participating and a guy like AJ is debuting in it because they're (storyline) throwing the kitchen sink at Reigns.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How'd Goldberg do in that fight with Jericho again?

Bo Dallas and Chris Jericho aren't comparable like at all.

From upbringing to physical stature. Jericho even admitted in an interview he 'got lucky with a quick grab'
here will never be a rematch, ever. If it ever happens, I’ll run away screaming because I’m not going to say I got lucky, but I’m glad the outcome was the way it was because I thought he was going to tear my head off.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1675885/ww...life-fight-with-goldberg/#P5DHIdejTPuktwyk.99

Ithil

If you want to place your money on Bo Dallas or Curtis Axel in a fight vs josh by all means.

Plus I don't think anyone ever questioned Y2J being tough except knuckleheads at WCW.

Didn't say that. Just looking at the "He's tall and threw a football, he must be a great fighter" thing.

Ithil

Bo Dallas and Chris Jericho aren't comparable like at all.

From upbringing to physical stature. Jericho even admitted in an interview he 'got lucky with a quick grab'

Wouldn't the "quick grab" help my point? Shit like that happens in a fight, you can't predict it, regardless of one guy being bigger.

Verendus

Banned

Unpredictability for the sake of it is terrible. The only two possible winners in this match are Reigns and Lesnar at the moment. Unless Jimmy Haitch enters this match, both Reigns and Lesnar need to be the final two remaining. Even if Jimmy Haitch enters, he should just become part of the final three, consisting of him, Reigns, and Lesnar.

I don't want to see no damn jobbers at the end of the Rumble. Folks in here pretending like there are so many viable winners or something.

And Reigns is officially number one. All that remains is Lesnar as number two, and we're in business baby girls. The prophecy is coming true.

klonere

Banned
ugh I didn't mean to spark a debate on which fake fighting person would win in a real fight when one is only a fake fight trainee while the other could possibly be FUCK.

WHo cares guys, its just a buncha social media bullshit. There are better things to talk about.

Like Becky!

QtI7WoP.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wouldn't the "quick grab" help my point? Shit like that happens in a fight, you can't predict it, regardless of one guy being bigger.

Jericho had some Hart training where several wrestlers have said Bret could really fuck you up with a submission shoot style if he wanted to. Meaning he knew the holds and had the speed and athleticism to execute them. I can't imagine Bo learning that from Blackjack and definitely not IRS. Most of his training was WWE sanctioned.

Bo is also built like pudge. Even Bray has some signs of a burly build when you see how big his arms are. Bo is just built like an out of shape 20 something year old. I can't imagine him getting the drop on anyone with any kind of 'tough guy' reputation or any serious former athletes/

Verendus

Banned
I hope you all realize this is the Roman Rumble match with the most potential since 2010. If this sucks, there is no hope left.

You may as well give up on this match.

Forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The best part about Josh is that the only unique thing about him is something that would get WWE a cease and desist letter from Disney within seconds.

He basically looks like Vince McMahon's wet dream: Roman Reigns except white. That sounds more like a combination of Hayes and McMahon's wet dreams, actually.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My favorite thing about wrestling vernacular is that it never changes.

Jabroni's been around since Bruno's time. Possibly even earlier.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Who would you let throw out Lesnar? Reigns or Wyatt?

Alternatively, you could have the entire ring team up and throw him out. You could do a situation where Lesnar and Reigns beat the hell out of each other while everyone else stays back, Lesnar throws Reigns out, at which point 8 guys jump Lesnar and throw him out. I imagine if Lesnar loses, he gets thrown out by his WM opponent. (Guessing Owens, based on how strong they've made him look)

Reigns throwing Lesnar out as anything but a fluke is a terrible idea. Raid Boss Lesnar is best Lesnar.

Unpredictability for the sake of it is terrible. The only two possible winners in this match are Reigns and Lesnar at the moment. Unless Jimmy Haitch enters this match, both Reigns and Lesnar need to be the final two remaining. Even if Jimmy Haitch enters, he should just become part of the final three, consisting of him, Reigns, and Lesnar.

I don't want to see no damn jobbers at the end of the Rumble. Folks in here pretending like there are so many viable winners or something.

And Reigns is officially number one. All that remains is Lesnar as number two, and we're in business baby girls. The prophecy is coming true.

A final four of HHH, Bryan, Wyatt, and Ambrose could have some legitimate tension. I guess it comes down to whether they clear Bryan or not.

As guy-who-only-watches-the-PPVs, this is the way to do thangs. Like on NXT. Reigns is Eva Marie. Embrace it.

Indeed. I can see Reigns cutting VICIOUS promos against the crowd.

Angry Grimace

I hope you all realize this is the Roman Rumble match with the most potential since 2010. If this sucks, there is no hope left.

You may as well give up on this match.

Forever.

It can't be worse than the Royal Rumble that Macho Man Randy Savage lost because he forgot he wasn't allowed to pin Yokozuna.

Anth0ny

My favorite thing about wrestling vernacular is that it never changes.

Jabroni's been around since Bruno's time. Possibly even earlier.

I honestly try to work it into my vocabulary at all times. It's so damn silly that I can't help but love it.

And that's a shoot.

Verendus

Banned
A final four of HHH, Bryan, Wyatt, and Ambrose could have some legitimate tension. I guess it comes down to whether they clear Bryan or not.
Well, you're cheating by including someone who's injured. But were Bryan to return, then that final four has no tension. He's the obvious winner out of them as the returning superstar after a huge layoff.

The remaining three guys there consist of two who have no chance of winning this particular Rumble, and one who has already won it before which makes it unlikely he'll win it again, especially if it's in the face of a returning star. Haitch's storyline is with Reigns, so he's not going to win over Bryan when Reigns is already out of the Rumble halfway through. What's the point at that stage?

Most of the tension is in whether Reigns wins or not right now, since him and Lesnar are the only two viable winners currently in the match. It makes sense then to keep him in there until the final two or three competitors. That's regardless of who returns. He's the one who makes the winner unpredictable because while it makes sense Lesnar wins, you never know with Reigns as he's the top guy now.

Haven't been following much but I always get hyped for a Rumble match. Is there any reason they decided to go with this Sunday over next Sunday? They usually do it the week between the Super Bowl and Conference Championship games.

Toki767

Well, you're cheating by including someone who's injured. But were Bryan to return, then that final four has no tension. He's the obvious winner out of them as the returning superstar after a huge layoff.

The remaining three guys there consist of two who have no chance of winning this particular Rumble, and one who has already won it before which makes it unlikely he'll win it again, especially if it's in the face of a returning star. Haitch's storyline is with Reigns, so he's not going to win over Bryan when Reigns is already out of the Rumble halfway through. What's the point at that stage?

Most of the tension is in whether Reigns wins or not right now, since him and Lesnar are the only two viable winners currently in the match. It makes sense then to keep him in there until the final two or three competitors. That's regardless of who returns. He's the one who makes the winner unpredictable because while it makes sense Lesnar wins, you never know with Reigns as he's the top guy now.

Bryan returned at the Rumble last year and they still put Reigns over him.

They'd be better off leaving Bryan out unless he wins it. He's been forgotten enough that the fans probably won't really care if he's not there. But if he's there and gets tossed again, the crowd could hijack the show again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan will never wrestle in WWE again. If I'm wrong, I'll shit in my hat.

Cagey

Banned
They'd be better off leaving Bryan out unless he wins it. He's been forgotten enough that the fans probably won't really care if he's not there. But if he's there and gets tossed again, the crowd could hijack the show again.

For sure. But it won't require even that. All it will take is some unverified, baseless pre-Rumble scoopz from the dirtsheetz that Bryan may be a surprise entrant to spread through that crowd like a plague, get them whipped into a frenzy, and be mad when it doesn't happen.

kiguel182

Well, finished Raw. Making the show around Dad Rock Jericho was even worse than making it around Reigns.

Either way, even Lesnar returns doesn't do anything for me. And him feuding with Wyatt doesn't help.

New Day and Becky vs Charlotte were the stuff that connected with me. New Day continues to bring it every week.

The Rumble is going to be hard to watch. HHH or Roman winning is just not interesting. I'm not invested Roman the slightest so the main-event angles just do nothing for me. Given that there's barely any stories that aren't the main event the whole show just falls flat.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom