• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bryan returned at the Rumble last year and they still put Reigns over him.

They tried their hardest to keep them nowhere near each other by having Bryan get killed well before Roman even showed up but obviously that didn't work. There's no real incentive to put Daniel Bryan in this match unless they're going to give him the win.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like a great Lucha Underground avatar to help carry the banner for S2. However I can't make anything right now. Anyone have anything handy that is either Mil Muertes or Dario Cueto that's av-ready?

Verendus

Banned
Bryan returned at the Rumble last year and they still put Reigns over him.
Bryan returned before the Rumble, not at the match itself. And it was obvious even then Reigns was winning. Every Rumble tends to be predictable. WWE telegraphs the winner all the time. The exceptions tend to be when a surprise return of some big name happens at the match itself, although Edge's win in 2010 was kind of obvious. No one seemed like a winner going into that match, and it was time for him to come back.

In a final four of Bryan, Haitch, Ambrose, and Wyatt, there's no tension. Your two possible winners, which are currently Lesnar and Reigns, are already out. It's pretty clear who's winning then. Haitch's only reason to participate is Reigns right now. If Reigns is already out, why would he win? Why even enter the match at that stage? He doesn't even need to enter the match as it is now. He just needs to stop Reigns from winning, which he can do without participating to better effect.

Bryan returning at the Rumble itself would be a sign that something was up. It's an illogical move to have him thrown out only to anger fans again, so it makes sense to keep the other viable winners in there with him to keep people uncertain. You'd still get rid of Reigns, but not halfway. More like in the final three or four, and let the final two be Bryan and Lesnar.

With the current entries, Reigns and Lesnar need to be in there until the end in this Rumble because they're the two likeliest winners. That's where it's unpredictable, and that's where the story of the match is.

None of this Bryan nonsense matters though because Lesnar is winning after Jimmy screws over Reigns.

Barack vs. Reigns at Wrasslin'Mania is coming baby girls.

Balee dat.

Toki767

Or Reigns and Lesnar could be the first 2 in and eliminate each other. Then no one would know who would win the match.

It's not going to happen because Reigns needs to break more Rumble records, but there are certainly a ton of options to book the match.

Verendus

Banned
Or Reigns and Lesnar could be the first 2 in and eliminate each other. Then no one would know who would win the match.

It's not going to happen because Reigns needs to break more Rumble records, but there are certainly a ton of options to book the match.
Come on baby girl. You're just saying things that don't make sense now.

That's obviously not happening because some jabroni isn't winning the Rumble. There aren't tonnes of booking options. They have one main event guy, and he happens to be the champion. It's probably why they made the match for the title in the first place.

I'd like a great Lucha Underground avatar to help carry the banner for S2. However I can't make anything right now. Anyone have anything handy that is either Mil Muertes or Dario Cueto that's av-ready?

53W90Qi.png
1sRRrr6.png

Hex

Banned
My fear is that they're going to have Lesnar enter as 30, and have Roman survive the entire time until Lesnar. Or do something similarly stupid where Reigns throws Lesnar out one on one, to either a) win or b) gets hosed by HHH right afterward. Or, Bryan will enter and get thrown out and Reigns will win, which will more or less undo everything they've accomplished with him.

Though, Reigns allying with the Authority and throwing Bryan out of the Rumble would get NUCLEAR heat. Would also set up a Rollins / Reigns feud and an Ambrose / Reigns feud.

I think you need to have Roman get thrown out less then halfway through - people want that excitement and unpredictability for the Rumble.

Nah, Lesnar is their freak show and Lesnar and Heyman still crossed the boss.
They will be early to cover the lull.
I would say 15 at the latest.

Kaladin

WWE canceled a local house show:

http://www.walb.com/story/31003972/wwe-cancels-event-at-albany-civic-center?sf19196789=1

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -
A fan-favorite event at the Albany Civic Center will not happen this year. World Wrestling Entertainment canceled their event scheduled for January 29th at the Civic Center.

WWE last came in 2012.

Officials say the wrestling organization canceled to give their performers time to rest and insist it had nothing to do with ticket sales.

WWE....time to rest?

giphy.gif

somedevil

Well according to Pwinsider Bryan might finally get his answer if he is ever going to come back:

In what could be a sign that Daniel Bryan will finally receive word on his WWE future, he is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh, PA later this week, according to PWInsider. That is where Dr. Joseph Maroon, who heads up the WWE Wellness testing, is based.

Bryan is likely going to Pittsburgh for medical testing or some kind of meeting with Maroon, perhaps to try and get cleared to return to the ring. We've noted how Bryan was cleared by outside doctors but WWE doctors have not cleared him to return to action.

Bryan does have a World of Wheels convention appearance in Pittsburgh on Friday as well. We'll keep you updated on any developments.

Sephzilla

Hey Sunny,

Is RoboCop, WCW legend who had a pay per view named after him and friend of upcoming WWE Hall of Famer Steve "Sting" Borden, illegible for the Avatar Rumble this year?

#RoboCopForAvatarRumble
#RoboCopIsCanon
#RoboCopForWWEHOF
#HijackRaw
#CancelWWENetwork
#Booty

jmdajr

Hey Sunny,

Is RoboCop, WCW legend who had a pay per view named after him and friend of upcoming WWE Hall of Famer Steve "Sting" Borden, illegible for the Avatar Rumble this year?

#RoboCopForAvatarRumble
#RoboCopIsCanon
#RoboCopForWWEHOF
#HijackRaw
#CancelWWENetwork
#Booty

Have the rules for the Avatar Rumble been set?

klonere

Banned
Hey Sunny,

#RoboCopForAvatarRumble
#RoboCopIsCanon
#RoboCopForWWEHOF
#HijackRaw
#CancelWWENetwork
#Booty

Smh fans trying to get themselves over by pushing for some indie geek.

Kaladin

Any of you guys use Chrome OS and enjoy it? My fiance has a Chromebook and I've found it is quite enjoyable for a simple browser based PC experience. I already do everything in a browser anyway, so it's easy to port over.

Ithil

During a side glance at posts with the LU avatars only in the peripheral vision it's looking like the same person is posting a lot per page with wildly different opinions every time.

Also, Videogamer.com have started their own spin-off Wrestling Podcast. The first episode is talking about the lead-up to the Royal Rumble, who might win it and TNAlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OIBw0nBn00

I love Videogamer, but I'm not sure I want to listen to them talk about Wrestling. I'll give it a try on my way to work tomorrow maybe.

Also, it's one thing to whinge about TNA but WWE has all kinds of problems. Like Big Show... in 2016. Or all-red whatever her name is. And enough with the 50/50 booking already, jesus. But what the fuck do I know, i'm from the UK so i'm probably just a hooligan fan or something.

Menome

I love Videogamer, but I'm not sure I want to listen to them talk about Wrestling. I'll give it a try on my way to work tomorrow maybe.

Also, it's one thing to whinge about TNA but WWE has all kinds of problems. Like Big Show... in 2016. Or all-red whatever her name is. And enough with the 50/50 booking already, jesus. But what the fuck do I know, i'm from the UK so i'm probably just a hooligan fan or something.

It's just Miller and a knowledgeable friend this week, which will rotate each week for a fresh perspective. He states that as the rest of the VG crew don't watch it week-to-week (Especially with Brett gone) they won't likely be on there aside from occasional guest appearances.

As I get on the VG Podcasts occasionally, I might try and angle myself on to one of these at some point. ;)

It's just Miller and a knowledgeable friend this week, which will rotate each week for a fresh perspective. He states that as the rest of the VG crew don't watch it week-to-week (Especially with Brett gone) they won't likely be on there aside from occasional guest appearances.

As I get on the VG Podcasts occasionally, I might try and angle myself on to one of these at some point. ;)

They're all very funny, but Miller's Brian Cranst alter ego has made me piss myself with laughter on a number of occasions, especially with the various indie games he has in development.

Are you an external guest on the shows, or do you work for them?

Menome

Are you an external guest on the shows, or do you work for them?

External, as a perk of being a higher-paying Patreon member. I've been on twice so far and should be on again fairly soon. I did apply for the Guides Editor position but guides aren't really my strong point and as you can see, Alice quite rightly got the job.

External, as a perk of being a higher-paying Patreon member. I've been on twice so far and should be on again fairly soon. I did apply for the Guides Editor position but guides aren't really my strong point and as you can see, Alice quite rightly got the job.

Don't give up though, you never know when that ideal position will be up for grabs. And Videogamer looks like about as fun a day's work as you'll find..

I'll listen out for you on there, it'll be good to put a voice to the Sandow.

Menome

Don't give up though, you never know when that ideal position will be up for grabs. And Videogamer looks like about as fun a day's work as you'll find..

I'll listen out for you on there, it'll be good to put a voice to the Sandow.

Shameless self-promotion, my most recent recording is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRVfA_OCC90

Be warned though, my microphone was playing up, so I'm a bit muted compared to the others at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom