• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
some WWE wrestlers still think kayfabe is real
The few, the proud.
A bunch of jobbers, and Kevin Owens, got upset that someone called some jobbers jobbers.
He shit over his future coworkers that are his seniors by at least a decade on Twitter by calling them worthless jobbers.

Some people think that the wrestlers are in the wrong for taking offense.
Was it a deleted tweet thing?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if I can respect my senior coworkers at the pizza hut if i'm a 20 something year old and they've spent their whole life working bottom of the barrel at the pizza hut

Hex

Banned
He shit over his future coworkers that are his seniors by at least a decade on Twitter by calling them worthless jobbers.

Some people think that the wrestlers are in the wrong for taking offense.

Taker would have pulled Wrestler Court on him and had him doing catering truck work for a month

It's probably all a work guys.

Probably.

I do not think so.
I think the guys who have busted their ass coming up are not exactly all shiny over these folks who do some cute little tv show and end up with a contract deal and then come in with attitude.
You pay your dues and prove yourself.
I respect Owens for it and the others, hell Owens is on the main roster now but he is about the business.
SOMEONE has to do the job, and it is not a job that has alot of glory to it.
Again, you do not shit on your boys.

Bryan had nothing to do with why the rumbles were shit.

No one knows how to actually work the rumble match, both 2014 and 2015 were giant clusterfucks.

2014's Rumble was fun for the most part. I remember the crowd beign super into the match.

Right until the number #30 entrant, and the crowd realized that Bryan wasn't there. Then they just booed anyone, until it was obvious that Batista was going to win and then it turned into a cheer for anyone-not-batista and a trainwreck of an ending.

2015's Rumble on the other hand, was a clusterfuck from beggining to end. I never thought I'd see a boring Royal Rumble match, but then 2015 happened.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think they need to know ASAP whether Bryan is cleared - because I think Bryan being around gives them the option of turning Reigns heel (which is why I think the Cena injury was doubly brutal, as another top face means you have the option of finally turning Cena or turning Reigns).

The one upside is that they're going to have a ton of talent returning for the summer, which might help the normal summer doldrums.

That said, I think they've really booked themselves into a corner with the Rumble. I think the best option they have is that Lesnar enters at #2; Reigns and Lesnar go at it but eventually Lesnar throws him out 10 or so minutes in, and proceeds to destroy the Rumble until finally everyone gangs up on him and throws him out. The best heel they have is HHH; which is a major problem. (Assuming that Owens and Ambrose are out of the Rumble match due to LMS stipulations).

That, or they're getting ready to turn Roman.

Zach

I don't know if I can respect my senior coworkers at the pizza hut if i'm a 20 something year old and they've spent their whole life working bottom of the barrel at the pizza hut

Years ago my friend was fresh out of college and had to work at an ice cream plant for a couple of months before landing a better job and he said the people he worked with were all uppity about their "lifer" status and were jerks to him for no reason. I guess it was jealousy, I dunno. Anyway, I wonder what those people are up to.

Does anyone her no how to get things online? Im taking special skills?

This guy...

Fox318

Hey man you got to respect the business. Sure we don't get health care or basic travel accommodations that any other business would do but that's the sacrifice we have to make so the modern day Howard Hughes can feel important.

Sephzilla

I think Cena turning heel is a more likely option than Roman turning heel at this point. Vince has hitched everything on him being the face of the company.

klonere

Banned
I think they need to know ASAP whether Bryan is cleared - because I think Bryan being around gives them the option of turning Reigns heel (which is why I think the Cena injury was doubly brutal, as another top face means you have the option of finally turning Cena or turning Reigns).

The one upside is that they're going to have a ton of talent returning for the summer, which might help the normal summer doldrums.

That said, I think they've really booked themselves into a corner with the Rumble. I think the best option they have is that Lesnar enters at #2; Reigns and Lesnar go at it but eventually Lesnar throws him out 10 or so minutes in, and proceeds to destroy the Rumble until finally everyone gangs up on him and throws him out. The best heel they have is HHH; which is a major problem. (Assuming that Owens and Ambrose are out of the Rumble match due to LMS stipulations).

Roman is never going heel. Never. Ever.

I will do some obscene year long avatar bet on that.

kirblar

Reigns needs to go out before the endgame. If it comes down to Roman v X it's not going to work- he needs to get fucked over before the end is in sight.

Aiii

So not worth it

You are still going to be the asshole they put on toilet cleaning duty though, so good on you for not showing them a bit of respect I suppose.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A bunch of jobbers, and Kevin Owens, got upset that someone called some jobbers jobbers.

In perspective, I can completely understand how people who "paid their dues" consider it insulting to have some rookie who won a reality show and has 0 actual experience calling other experienced members of the roster "jobbers."

Fox318

Those 4 are getting a semi push just so Vince can chuckle in gorilla as he books a loaf like big show to eliminate them all at once.

Their sole reason for their employment is so Vince can be entertained in gorilla.

notworksafe

Those 4 are getting a semi push just so Vince can chuckle in gorilla as he books a loaf like big show to eliminate them all at once.

Their sole reason for their employment is so Vince can be entertained in gorilla.

I'll admit, I did laugh when Bo Dallas got clocked out of nowhere yesterday.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
sons of former employees 'paying their dues'

lol

Cody himself is basically a jobber, so I think I can see why he'd be upset. In any case it doesn't really have anything to do with kayfabe, its more of a thing where I doubt the performers call each other jobbers to their faces.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cody himself is basically a jobber, so I think I can see why he'd be upset. In any case it doesn't really have anything to do with kayfabe, its more of a thing where I doubt the performers call each other jobbers to their faces.

Going by the stuff Cody gets mad about on twitter, I'm sure his response was more about the guy using the word 'jobber'

because Cody still thinks WWE has any interest in protecting the business

Mahonay

Banned
In perspective, I can completely understand how people who "paid their dues" consider it insulting to have some rookie who won a reality show and has 0 actual experience calling other experienced members of the roster "jobbers."
It's this.

Josh is a jabroni in their eyes that's still learning the basics of wrestling. Can't mouth off like that, even if it seems minor. He's lucky there's way less "rookie punishment" in the ring now.
Going by the stuff Cody gets mad about on twitter, I'm sure his response was more about the guy using the word 'jobber'

Cody gets so salty about anything relating to that stuff.

kirblar

Exactly. He's shitting on his co-workers for no reason and deserves the shit he's getting for it.

Angry Grimace

I think its more the disrespect thing, sort of like if a new entry level hire started popping off in the the break room to all your coworkers that you suck at your job or something.

I think they're just not accustomed to being called jobbers by their coworkers even if its true.

klonere

Banned
Back in the day Josh would have been physically assaulted multiple times while training or something to that effect for even daring to try and formulate an opinion on any other worker but todays video game playing millennial softies just complain on twitter smh fam

Fox318

Back in the day Josh would have been physically assaulted multiple times while training or something to that effect for even daring to try and formulate an opinion on any other worker but todays video game playing millennial softies just complain on twitter smh fam

Josh is 6'7", 275lbs and a former athlete.

What the fuck is somebody like Bo Dallas gonna do to him? Shoot on him with some of the moves Brisco taught HBK?

Only chance of Bo Dallas has in beating somebody up is if he lands his belly on someones face and suffocates them with his mass and large surface area.

Toki767

Nothing Josh said was wrong...if he wasn't employed by the company and using terminology that they probably aren't fond of to describe his potential future coworkers.

He basically repeated what most everyone else thought when the group debuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom