• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Nakamura, styles, gallows, and one other

9i3Kl.gif

NXT should be pretty sweet for a few months!

Nakamura will probably rot in the same position Del Rio is in on the main roster when the time comes though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if they will change their names

Anyone who can sell a T-Shirt gets to keep their name

I imagine it must have been alot of money for guys who, to be honest, don't have much of shelf life at this point.

NXT wasn't profitable at all about a year ago, but I wonder how true that is right now.

Hex

Banned
I imagine it must have been alot of money for guys who, to be honest, don't have much of shelf life at this point.

Absolutely, to give up so much there had to be quite a number attached at least for Nak.
I know Styles was ready so he may have been a bit easier.
Fucking who cares about the other Anderson and numb nuts.

somedevil

Some other tidbits:

Meltzer: Anderson was close to TNA, with the ability to stay with NJPW. Now it's WWE along with Doc, AJ.

Meltzer: Nakamura will not be leaving for WWE immediately.

Got to drop that title.

Kaladin

Let's face it, Triple H is raiding all the hot wrestling names. NXT vs The Indies and now Japan reminds me of WCW and WWF raiding each other's talent, only this is more one sided.

Lucha Underground better be lucky they have contracts. You know he wants a piece of Pentagod.

bigkrev

From the Observer podcast, Anderson was being courted seriously by TNA before the WWE offer came in

Also, Nakamura will be coming in later than everyone else. He is "a couple months off", while the others have canceled their February ROH dates

Fox318

I think DM goes to my gym.
  • He wears custom made boots with hearts on them
  • He wears pants with hearts on them
  • He only works out on the heavy bag or with a custom made training dummy
  • He brings nunchucks with him
  • He sometimes wears a ninja mask made from a black t shirt
  • He ordered a protein shake once and I heard him ask the trainer of he was getting worked
  • He just did a body slam and a tombstone with the training dummy
  • He looks like he is in his late 40s with a bald spot.

I'm not joking.

Anyone who can sell a T-Shirt gets to keep their name

NXT wasn't profitable at all about a year ago, but I wonder how true that is right now.

There's no way NXT house shows bring in enough money to cover all 70+ people in developmental. The network and TV deals are heavily subsidizing it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think DM goes to my gym.
  • He wears custom made boots with hearts on them
  • He wears pants with hearts on them
  • He only works out on the heavy bag or with a custom made training dummy
  • He brings nunchucks with him
  • He sometimes wears a ninja mask made from a black t shirt
  • He ordered a protein shake once and I heard him ask the trainer of he was getting worked
  • He just did a body slam and a tombstone with the training dummy
  • He looks like he is in his late 40s with a bald spot.

I'm not joking.
kek

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's no way NXT house shows bring in enough money to cover all 70+ people in developmental. The network and TV deals are heavily subsidizing it.

It's not just the house shows though, they make bank on merch and some of the NXT guys are merch machines without even being on TV, e.g. Balor. I just find it suspect they'd sign all these guys to a money-bleeding promotion, really. One way or another they have to be making some kind of money to have a ton of guys who are apparently only there for the NXT brand itself.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I wonder if they will change their names

I don't think AJ would do it if he couldn't use his name. Gallows already wrestled for the E under that name, so he's probably good, too.

Nakamura probably gets some Hideo Itami shit, though.

Nakamura's best case is KENTA

This fucking sucks

Why are you so upset that a person you like is going to likely make a ton of money to finish out his career?

Wrestling has never been about five star matches. Wrestling has been about making money and that's what Nak and friends are doing - making that money.

I don't think AJ would do it if he couldn't use his name. Gallows already wrestled for the E under that name, so he's probably good, too.

Nakamura probably gets some Hideo Itami shit, though.

To be fair, AJ literally has his ring name in giant letters on his ribs. There's not much getting round that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom