• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the house shows though, they make bank on merch and some of the NXT guys are merch machines without even being on TV, e.g. Balor. I just find it suspect they'd sign all these guys to a money-bleeding promotion, really. One way or another they have to be making some kind of money to have a ton of guys who are apparently only there for the NXT brand itself.

I have no doubt Vince is willing to lose a little money to kill the ability of ROH or New Japan to make any headway in the US.

Unless you think there's a NXT show in Nashville within a week of ROH by accident.

Fox318

Why are you so upset that a person you like is going to likely make a ton of money to finish out his career?

Wrestling has never been about five star matches. Wrestling has been about making money and that's what Nak and friends are doing - making that money.
"It's fake, this is entertainment. It's about ratings. None of this matters"
B6nesd3IMAAcl0d.jpg

Why are you so upset that a person you like is going to likely make a ton of money to finish out his career?

Wrestling has never been about five star matches. Wrestling has been about making money and that's what Nak and friends are doing - making that money.

Styles and Nakamura don't need to be wrestling in NXT in a month or two or whenever. Their backs have been fucked for months (Nakamura's back has been fucked for 3 years now). They need rest, and the only chance they had of that anytime soon was staying there, where their schedule wasn't insane

Hope you liked seeing immobile AJ last night. He isn't getting any more mobile in 2016

ScribbleD

I'm into this storyline. It helps that they're writing Roman decently now, and this is the type of promo he can cut well.

Complete 180 from last week.

RBH

I was actually just thinking of going to the ROH show in Atlanta in February to see Styles. Now, not so sure of that.

Of course Roman is a more important champ than Punk. Roman is the next Cena who needs to carry a company for the next 10 years. CM Punk was a curtain jerker and secondary champ.

AJ is 38 and Nakamura is about to be 36, does anybody think Vince is going to let either of these guys be worth a shit on the main roster if they ever get there?

UberTag

lesnar back next monday finally raw will be worth watching :) expecting him to announce he will be in the rumble!
Naturally. And he'll be the only guy to have an "I'm going to win the Rumble promo" at the top of the hour on RAW during the Rumble build.
Wonder if he's going to win.

MG310

TNA's level of organization dictates that Storm will probably wrestle the live Tuesday show, the Wednesday tapings and then fly to Florida for NXT because they didn't actually have him sign a contract.

tmac456

I actually enjoyed that opening. Less smiling from Reigns and more "you'll be picking him up from the hospital" type comments. I like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom