• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

CYEWpTYWkAAT7bJ.jpg

Syder

I hate all of Roman Reigns' moves because they're so obviously designed to pop the crowd and get Roman over.

I would like the Superman Punch move better if he used it like the People's Elbow and struck downwards to hit guys lying on the mat. Although it would basically just be the Five-Knuckle Shuffle with different theatrics.
I know what you mean, and the super manpunch does suck, but that is a curious way to phrase it.
It's not as bad that Hulking up shit he does.

Reigns-hulking-up-gifs-001.gif

Romans seizing!

LUCHA UNDERGROUND COMING TO CANADA

Lucha Undeground has secured their first Canadian television rights deal with TLN (Telelatino Network).

The deal will kick off with the Season 2 premiere and will air on Sunday nights at 10pm Eastern in Canada. The first episode premieres in Canada on Sunday January 31st.

TLN is available in 6.2 million homes in Canada and features programming in English, Spanish and Italian with Lucha Underground being presented in English.

The second season of Lucha Undeground will be debuting in the U.S. a few days prior, on Wednesday January 27th with tapings for the upcoming season beginning this past November.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/6539724:lucha-underground-secures-canadian-television-deal/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it too soon to say Apollo Crews is probably going to be forgotten about in three or four months? Maybe they'll throw him in a fued with Balor or something but right now he didn't really seem to take off as much as people thought he would. Maybe I'm just not seeing it. Not even because he jobbed. He just doesn't come off as a big deal anymore. And he especially won't if these acquisitions or La Sombra show up in NXT soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After watching a lot of NXT and seeing him on RAW most weeks I've really grown to appreciate Hunico Sin Cara. His contrast with the clearly more talented Calisto is very striking, with the one handed lifting powerbomb and such. It's gonna be a shame when they break these two up and Sin Cara probably dissolves back into nothing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know what you mean, and the super manpunch does suck, but that is a curious way to phrase it.

I don't really know how else to phrase it, he just has all these OUTTA NOWHERE cool guy babyface moves.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is it too soon to say Apollo Crews is probably going to be forgotten about in three or four months? Maybe they'll throw him in a fued with Balor or something but right now he didn't really seem to take off as much as people thought he would. Maybe I'm just not seeing it. Not even because he jobbed. He just doesn't come off as a big deal anymore. And he especially won't if these acquisitions or La Sombra show up in NXT soon.

NXT was able to successfully rehab Emma and to a lesser extent A-Ry. I'm pretty sure they can find something for someone as talented as Apollo Crews and they certainly don't give up on people easily.

he definitely was/is the flavor of the month

bring him up as the 4th member of The New Day.

Sandow used to look like Sean O' Haire

He's not a strong character from what I've seen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

He has potential, but I don't see him escaping NXT any time soon.

The standing moonsault has got to go

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAP0gl3yVBq/

Bryan wants it.

Triple H and the coaches there seem super high on him, so I think he'd have to go a very long time without taking off before they would sour on him. He'll learn and get better, as they all do. He didn't come in like Balor or Joe, who were both pretty much already ready for primetime. Crews had holes in his game and this style is exposing them. But I'm confident he'll fix them up.

Angry Grimace

When you think about it every move is outta nowhere

Most finishing moves have some kind of setup that lets you know that they're about to occur.

The only time the Superman Punch was ever cool was when Reigns reversed a Pop-Up Powerbomb into one. That was pretty slick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jake Roberts DDT gets labelled as 'out of nowhere' all the time by WWE, but I remember it being the most deliberate move ever. That's why I liked it.

I remember him picking up Savage's lifeless body, putting his arm around his head, making Elizabeth begging for him to stop and then dropping Savage on his head anyways.

Anticipation. Build-up. Things the WWE isn't interested in.

Foffy

Banned
Jake Roberts DDT gets labelled as 'out of nowhere' all the time by WWE, but I remember it being the most deliberate move ever. That's why I liked it.

I remember him picking up Savage's lifeless body, putting his arm around his head, making Elizabeth begging for him to stop and then dropping Savage on his head anyways.

Anticipation. Build-up. Things the WWE isn't interested in.

New Japan knows how to work it. Look at the Kokeshi.

Ithil

It's a little early to write him off. He's young and is a lot more inexperienced than Zayn or Owens when he arrived. He will probably need a lot more time down in NXT to work on his shortcomings.
I think people see "indie star" and forget he's only been wrestling since 2009, same time as Bray and Reigns, in fact, and he was never that top singles guy anywhere like Owens or someone.

I just hope Okada pinning Tanahashi now means that Yano can pin Okada.

That's what happens when you're the ace of NJPW. You get pinned by Yano.

Yano was annoying Tanahashi long before he was the ace of NJPW, their's is a long and storied feud, an epic struggle that won't ever cease until Tanahashi stops taking himself so seriously.

Ithil

Yano was annoying Tanahashi long before he was the ace of NJPW, their's is a long and storied feud, an epic struggle that won't ever cease until Tanahashi stops taking himself so seriously.

They can feud forever as long as I keep getting segments like earlier this year after the NJC upset win when Yano was making his entrance while Tana was on commentary, so he goes over to the table and points and laughs at him while Tana sits looking really sour and put out.

So what if instead of sending Gallows and Anderson to NXT they save them for a main roster debut for Balor? So he debuts as off brand Bullet Club.

Could be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom