• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Didn't Devitt just make up the name and group anyways?

But USA Bullet Club will be hilarious (It's going to exist regardless of whether it actually gets the name "Bullet Club") because its going to be Roman Reigns taking out the entire Bullet Club by himself.

Mahonay

Banned
What makes it even worse is Cole shouting "Superman punch!" every fucking time he does it. During the match where he won the title a few weeks back, he went through a sequence at the end (right before the spear) where he did the punch on Sheamus, Rusev, Vince, and Del Rio (I think) within a 20 second time span and after each punch he fucking shouted the same thing. Like shouting it after the first punch? Ok. But each fucking time?
I honestly kind of like Cole's Superman Punch call now, he's gotten down pretty well. Yeah it can get excessive sometimes. But you could say the same thing about Jim Ross back in the day, "STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hate all of Roman Reigns' moves because they're so obviously designed to pop the crowd and get Roman over.

I would like the Superman Punch move better if he used it like the People's Elbow and struck downwards to hit guys lying on the mat. Although it would basically just be the Five-Knuckle Shuffle with different theatrics.

Fox318

That's just the Five Knuckle Shuffle, lol.

HL1n5GK.jpg

Angry Grimace

That's just the Five Knuckle Shuffle, lol.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the edit - but in fairness there's only like 10 different moves with different theatrics added to them.

All of his signature moves are OUTTA NOWHERE moves he can use to get a pop and get Cole to scream into the mic.

Mahonay

Banned
The Superman Punch is way better looking than the fucking god awful Five Knuckle Shuffle.

Not sure if Dog Ziggler's new hair is better or worse than the noodle style.

W6Eb.png
Every time he comes out with a new dumb look I just hate him more. Even my girlfriend hates him now. He could have brought old Ziggler back after that huge Survivor Series win, but he fell into a deep depression of bad 80's metal tropes after Vince buried him within an inch of his life.

Angry Grimace

The Superman Punch is way better looking than the fucking god awful Five Knuckle Shuffle.

The Superman Punch is horrible because its wonky and awkwardly executed. It's not Roman's fault that its that way, its just a dumb move.

Jim Ross had a point that Reigns having two major moves that rely on running was redundant. From what I see nowadays Roman has chosen to get rid of the setup for both of them and go for the OUTTANOWHERE approach.

DMczaf

Jim Ross had a point that Reigns having two major moves that rely on running was redundant. From what I see nowadays Roman has chosen to get rid of the setup for both of them and go for the OUTTANOWHERE approach.

Most of his offense is just punches and kicks.

Reminds me of Lex Luger.

Angry Grimace

Was watching the 97 Rumble the other day and its really weird how McMahon is announcing and then randomly Jim Ross will start announcing. He's not really doing color (Lawler is there for that) he just randomly starts talking.

Angry Grimace

Roman's fine as a wrestler, I just don't like his two big moves. He's not exceptional, but its not like its Eva Marie out there.

Yujiro consistently gets the worst reactions of anyone on the New Japan roster, there's no one who can silence a crowd quicker than him. It's not that he's a bad wrestler, because he isn't, it's not even that he's been known to be fairly unsafe in the ring on occasion, it's just that he has no semblance of character once he's inside the ring and doesn't get to (or is incapable of) showing any character outside of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Was watching the 97 Rumble the other day and its really weird how McMahon is announcing and then randomly Jim Ross will start announcing. He's not really doing color (Lawler is there for that) he just randomly starts talking.

They kinda get into a groove in 1997 with the three man booth. You get Vince to do small talk and pin fall attempts, JR calling moves and talking about college and how this won't be a technical fight and King saying King things.

Ithil

I hate all of Roman Reigns' moves because they're so obviously designed to pop the crowd and get Roman over.

I would like the Superman Punch move better if he used it like the People's Elbow and struck downwards to hit guys lying on the mat.

I know what you mean, and the super manpunch does suck, but that is a curious way to phrase it.

Ithil

Jim Ross had a point that Reigns having two major moves that rely on running was redundant.

He goes to the corner, does a taunt, then runs and does his manpunch, then he goes back to the corner, does a different taunt, waits for the guy to get up from his first move, then does his spear. That's just silly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just hope Okada pinning Tanahashi now means that Yano can pin Okada.

That's what happens when you're the ace of NJPW. You get pinned by Yano.

Yujiro consistently gets the worst reactions of anyone on the New Japan roster, there's no one who can silence a crowd quicker than him. It's not that he's a bad wrestler, because he isn't, it's not even that he's been known to be fairly unsafe in the ring on occasion, it's just that he has no semblance of character once he's inside the ring and doesn't get to (or is incapable of) showing any character outside of it.

Sounds like the WWE is about to get a new signing.

Every time he comes out with a new dumb look I just hate him more. Even my girlfriend hates him now. He could have brought old Ziggler back after that huge Survivor Series win, but he fell into a deep depression of bad 80's metal tropes after Vince buried him within an inch of his life.

I'm the same way.

I think I liked Ziggler the most when he had that very short lived short dark hair run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm honestly shocked WWE hasn't signed Hikaru Shida yet.
tumblr_norwgaK5Wv1s066k8o1_400.gif

I guess they're seeing how the Kana thing works out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom