• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Truthfully, I don't think this is entirely out of the realm of possibility considering Bryan being the most over guy on the roster has railroaded Vince's last two WrestleMania plans, and right now Vince has a full on "get Roman over" boner.
Maybe it plays like 10 percent into the decision. But when you consider Seth never got the curb stomp back they're pretty serious about winning their pending law suit.

Kiyo

I think if he got cleared very recently or is going to be cleared, then they'd hold back from putting him on TV until after the Rumble. I'm sure they don't want him screwing up their plans for the 3rd year in a row.

How great would DB vs Nakamura be at Wrestlemania though.

klonere

Banned
Had a skim through Smackdown - Mauro is great and really brings that team together but man does Smackdown still suck.

Kalisto beating ADR managed to feel completely inconsequential....like just let Kalisto hit his damn finish! Stop with the outta nowhere bullshit, seriously. You've killed every move in the book as a finish, don't try and make me believe a fluky 'rana into a roll up is a big moment. GodDAMN.

And then ofc there's the main event finish and the women's finish....

Heroman

Banned
Also remember two things about The Rock:

1. He's the only action mega star on the planet right now.
2. He fired his last agent because they didn't want him to wrassle.

He's probably got waivers to do all the wrestling shit he wants to, including matches.

IIrc his insurance doesnt want him wrestling nor do the studio who already cast him since the last he wrestle he got hurt which they had to push back the movie he was working

Gurrry

As right now no he has gotten clear, but there a good he chance he will given the news cena is gone.

Damn so when theyre in their most desperate of times they just decide hes clear now?

I guess that clears up any confusion that they actually cared about his health.

Twitter is blowing up that WWE bought the Bullet Club license from NJPW.

That's gotta be the most bullest of shit.

remaining BC members call themselves 'The Elite'

Ithil

Also the anecdote from Kevin Kelly on an IQ test they did on the Ring of Honor roster a long while back and the top three had one surprise

1. Bryan Danielson
2. Nigel McGuinness
Mark Briscoe

Mahonay

Banned
WWE does not care about the talent's health. Only how their falling health will backfire on the company.

Just look at the current work schedule the talent has to deal with. It's insane.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think people are speculating that with some of the NJPW talent coming in and the fact that almost all of their main event roster is out through WrestleMania with injuries, that WWE might finally clear Bryan.

The hilarious part to me is that Kevin Owens is basically one of the biggest dudes on the roster basically by default, but I have no doubt Vince will book him like a crappy midcard villain.

Foffy

Banned
I think he pitched more of a cross promotion show between New Japan and WWE in Japan with that match happening.

See, that would have been fucking cool. But WWE has to be the company that exists as the largest wrestling promotion, and has almost outright contempt for even exhaling the notion other promotions exist in this day and age. I almost lost my shit to whichever commentator said, on live broadcast, the words "Dragon Gate." I think it was Cole.

HHH seems a little better than Vince in this regard, but that's the difference between a wrestler and a sports entertainer.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IIrc his insurance doesnt want him wrestling nor do the studio who already cast him since the last he wrestle he got hurt which they had to push back the movie he was working

Right but he's the one with all the power in the relationship. He might have written an out where they get to walk away if he gets injured or what have you.

Am I reading these posts right? DB has brain damage?

He's admitted to having over 20 concussions, and that was before the one or two he got between last Mania and the end of the Sheamus match

The most optimistic suckup Bryan fan has to admit it's likely he has something severely wrong if he still isn't back by the Rumble. If by the post-Mania Raw? Fuck it, he's done, and mercy to whatever Japanese wrestling or MMA promotion clears him afterward

Mahonay

Banned
He's admitted to having over 20 concussions, and that was before the one or two he got between last Mania and the end of the Sheamus match

The most optimistic suckup Bryan fan has to admit it's likely he has something severely wrong if he still isn't back by the Rumble. If by the post-Mania Raw? Fuck it, he's done, and mercy to whatever Japanese wrestling or MMA promotion clears him afterward
Don't act as if this is something new for the wrestling industry either. We are just made aware of how fucked it is.

Sephzilla

I'm in 100% agreement here. If he isn't back by, at latest, Raw After Mania then Bryan is never wrestling in WWE again. Fact.

somedevil

Had a skim through Smackdown - Mauro is great and really brings that team together but man does Smackdown still suck.

Kalisto beating ADR managed to feel completely inconsequential....like just let Kalisto hit his damn finish! Stop with the outta nowhere bullshit, seriously. You've killed every move in the book as a finish, don't try and make me believe a fluky 'rana into a roll up is a big moment. GodDAMN.

And then ofc there's the main event finish and the women's finish....

All these matches are going to be on the Rumble pay per view with two probably having stips.

Ithil

The actual point about the neuroscience that was being made was not "BRYAN'S HEAD WILL EXPLODE INTO BENOIT-NESS FROM ONE BUMP" it was actually that his being fully cognitive and intelligent right now does not necessarily mean there is no damage in his brain. It doesn't mean there is, either, it just means you can't say "Well he's fine, clear him" simply because he's not a slurring mess with memory loss.

Mahonay

Banned
The actual point about the neuroscience that was being made was not "BRYAN'S HEAD WILL EXPLODE INTO BENOIT-NESS FROM ON BUMP" it was actually that his being fully cognitive and intelligent right now does not necessarily mean there is no damage in his brain. It doesn't mean there is, either, it just means you can't say "Well he's fine, clear him" simply because he's not a slurring mess with memory loss.
If all talent on WWE were subjected to the same tests as Bryan I strongly believe about half the roster would come up with a similar prognosis.

Ithil

ProWrestlingTees when asked said New Japan still has the rights to the Bullet Club name (which they filed a trademark for in like June). They just aren't using it going forward for the group because what's the point, it's just the Bucks, Omega, and Hall at this point

Poor Yujiro is forgotten.

Toki767

With all the gun stuff going on in the country, WWE would be insane to have a group called the Bullet Club.

It's kind of silly already that they let Reigns have a move called the Drive By.

Don't act as if this is something new for the wrestling industry either. We are just made aware of how fucked it is.

It's never been this bad. People weren't protesting Edge's retirement. People aren't trolling Vince on Twitter begging him to let Christian come back. People aren't knocking on Titan's doors with baskets of HHH's favorite fruit pleading to sign Angle the second he leaves TNA at the end of the month. Nobody else who's badly injured gets as much praise and wishes to come back, ruin a title picture and Rumble, and get quickly hurt for a third fucking time in as many years

Bizazedo

Bullet club also sounds a million times better than Balor Club. I still wonder if bullet Club is a good idea though given some of the anti gun movements going around right now.

ProWrestlingTees when asked said New Japan still has the rights to the Bullet Club name (which they filed a trademark for in like June). They just aren't using it going forward for the group because what's the point, it's just the Bucks, Omega, and Hall at this point

And Yujiro, King Haku, Mao, Chase Owens, Tama Tonga, Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero, Scott D'Amore, and Terrible.

As much as I want him back, who knows how good he actually he is at performing a decent match with the amount of time he's missed. Shawn Michaels was a miracle and you think it can happen twice with Bryan?

original

I believe.

jmdajr

The actual point about the neuroscience that was being made was not "BRYAN'S HEAD WILL EXPLODE INTO BENOIT-NESS FROM ONE BUMP" it was actually that his being fully cognitive and intelligent right now does not necessarily mean there is no damage in his brain. It doesn't mean there is, either, it just means you can't say "Well he's fine, clear him" simply because he's not a slurring mess with memory loss.

Same goes true for the whole roster no?

Mahonay

Banned
It's never been this bad. People weren't protesting Edge's retirement. People aren't trolling Vince on Twitter begging him to let Christian come back. People aren't knocking on Titan's doors with baskets of HHH's favorite fruit pleading to sign Angle the second he leaves TNA at the end of the month. Nobody else who's badly injured gets as much praise and wishes to come back and get quickly hurt for a third fucking time in as many years
Bryan would want to come back to the ring regardless of the fans wishes.

Bryan also has way more fans than Edge and Christian did combined so it's not quite the same.

And I do think people were frothing at the mouth to have Angle come back these past couple of years from what I saw.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, the Bullet Club is just Japanese nWo right

Ithil

It's never been this bad. People weren't protesting Edge's retirement. People aren't trolling Vince on Twitter begging him to let Christian come back. People aren't knocking on Titan's doors with baskets of HHH's favorite fruit pleading to sign Angle the second he leaves TNA at the end of the month. Nobody else who's badly injured gets as much praise and wishes to come back, ruin a title picture and Rumble, and get quickly hurt for a third fucking time in as many years

Edge had diagnosed spinal stenosis, the doctor told him he absolutely had to never take a bump again for serious risk of paralysis or death.

It's really not the same scenario.

Kuroyume

Banned
Superman punch is fucking horrible I mean fucking horrible. His whole look fucking sucks, stop giving these shitty one liner jokes for promos, make him a more silent type. Change his gear and his music all that shit.

What makes it even worse is Cole shouting "Superman punch!" every fucking time he does it. During the match where he won the title a few weeks back, he went through a sequence at the end (right before the spear) where he did the punch on Sheamus, Rusev, Vince, and Del Rio (I think) within a 20 second time span and after each punch he fucking shouted the same thing. Like shouting it after the first punch? Ok. But each fucking time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom