• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Taker/Brock WM30 - One month build
Taker/Wyatt WM31 - One month build WITH NO UNDERTAKER TILL THE MATCH
Taker/Brock SummerSlam - One month build
Taker/Brock HIAC - One month build
Taker/Wyatts SS - One month build

Considering what they did with Cena/Owens this year there is 100% precedent for both a 1 month build and hotshotting an NXT guy to beat a huge star.

They need to do something really big to build a new dude, especially with someone with as many years on the clock as Balor.

The Taker/HBK matches and Taker/HHH matches were fairly short build ups too. Most of those builds were sub 2 months. I think the only build longer than that was the HBK/Taker 2 build.

No they dont. The ME and Taker matches are probably too prirotiy and everything else works its way down. They don't have to resort to plucking dudes straight out of NXT to fill those spots. Hell they'd probably do Kane v Taker. Balor likely isn't even on their radar.

>Taker match is important
>Put Kane in it

Well, you're definitely thinking like a member of WWE creative
Yep you're getting another Kane and Taker match. Like Corbin Bleu said, you've just got to dream with it.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It just seems hypocritical that they wont let Bryan wrestle yet they gave the green light to a guy who's, by seemingly all accounts, way worse off than Bryan.

The issue here is that since Dreamer wasn't a majority WWE guy; that WWE wouldn't be held legally responsible. Bryan's primarily known at this point as a WWE guy, and if anything happened to him, you could target WWE.

That falls into full conspiracy theory. I think they honestly like Bryan, who they probably view as a great hand in the ring who doesn't complain about not being in the top spot (they just get pissed when the crowd pushes him to the top).

LOL they're not keeping him back so Roman can get over.

Yeah - they don't have the manpower to keep Bryan on the shelf. They haven't for months.

Also, doesn't it seem obvious to do Bullet Club 2.0 vs Wyatts at WM?

klonere

Banned
Taker match needs to be with Kane so they can both fuckin retire. Casket match. They both win and lose. Both retire at the same time. Very simple. Taker is "taken" care of.

You thought Taker vs Balor was ridiculous and this is perfectly reasonable?

I cannot imagine the disaster a Kane and Taker casket match in two thousand and sixteen would be nor does it benefit a roster so thin it makes Cheeseburger look buff.

Sephzilla

Taker vs Kane at WM32 would likely be the worst match on the card and put half the audience to sleep. Even in their prime, Taker vs Kane matches were never really that good and were mostly just caps to storylines.

I don’t know that anything will transpire from this, because stuff gets pitched all the time that doesn’t happen, but breaking up the Dudleys with Bubba doing a character more similar to Bully Ray has at least been discussed.

I noticed that Bubba seemed really upset that they lost on Monday and that he wasn't the one pinned. Thought he might turn right then and there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You might say WWE needs to bring in someone who can get the audience HYPE

Taker match needs to be with Kane so they can both fuckin retire. Casket match. They both win and lose. Both retire at the same time. Very simple. Taker is "taken" care of.

They need to fight for a while then when it is clear they are equally matched they can hug and get in the casket together. The lid will "magically" close and the last we see of them is a loving embrace. #prowrestlingrespect

Pentagon getting that push in 2016

They announced company awards, voted on Twitter, with Pentagon Jr., in a big upset in the twitter poll, being awarded Wrestler of the Year over Rey Mysterio Jr., El Texano Jr. and Psycho Clown. Garza Jr. won newcomer of the year (even though Taurus got a huge push as a newcomer but Garza Jr., the nephew of Hector Garza and who looks like him, is super popular among teenage girls), Taya won Woman Wrestler of the Year, Rey Mysterio Jr. won best tecnico while Pentagon Jr. won best rudo

Unless you think the blowoff match will come anywhere close to the glorious Ultima Lucha deathbattle, then why bother?

Well it doesn't have to be exactly the same. Just the basic idea of Balor just killing guys to honor some higher power, then it's revealed to be Taker and Balor's final test is to beat Taker at WM.

Pentagon getting that push in 2016

Meltzer said a few weeks ago that he'd be AAA's top heel this year. Someone here (I think it was Data?) seemed to refute that.

klonere

Banned
Well it doesn't have to be exactly the same. Just the basic idea of Balor just killing guys to honor some higher power, then it's revealed to be Taker and Balor's final test is to beat Taker at WM.

Meltzer said a few weeks ago that he'd be AAA's top heel this year. Someone here (I think it was Data?) seemed to refute that.

Data said that AAA will probably push fake Parka again as a top heel because lolAAA I guess?

I'm sure he'll chime in on the subject.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It made me laugh a lot when someone suggested Mojo Rawley was on the chopping block. He (and Ryder) are currently being used at WWE House Shows for some reason and while sometimes they give the developmental guys the rub without anything coming of it, I tend to doubt it.

I still don't actually know why Enzo and Cass are in NXT still, they'd presumably make a good foil for the starting-to-get-stale New Day. Pretty much none of the other teams have had the mic skills to even vaguely compete with New Day.

You know what, I'll play.

Demon Balor v Taker at Mania. Taker wins and this banishes the Demon(just so you get the real guy to run the next sequence of this).

The next night on Raw you get The Balor Club invasion to destroy Taker.

This sounds too much like Wyatt though

That's Hall of Famer Dave Meltzer to everyone

It was announced that I will be receiving the Jim Melby Award at the National Hall of Fame and Dan Gable Museum, which takes place 7/14 to 7/16 in Waterloo, IA. There will be two inductees into the Tragos/Thesz Hall of Fame, as of yet not named, which is based on people with legitimate wrestling backgrounds who also were pro wrestlers, as well as the annual Lou Thesz, Frank Gotch and George Tragos awards. Chael Sonnen will be getting the Tragos award which is for a former wrestler who has used his wrestling ability for success in the MMA world. If anyone is either in the area, or would like to attend, I’d love to meet you there. The award means a lot to me, both because of the attachment to Thesz and Melby. Thesz, as Kit Bauman actually wrote in the revised Thesz autobiography, had personally asked me to write his autobiography in the 90s because of how much he thought of me, and I ended up being the conduit putting Thesz together with Bauman, who was a great reporter with a strong interest in wrestling history. When I was ten years old, I typed up a newsletter with news from California and sent it to Melby, who did the fan club column for Wrestling Monthly magazine. He not only wrote about it in his column, but wrote me a personal letter saying how much he enjoyed it. I ended up getting a handful of subscribers based on his plug, and the California Wrestling Report started from there. The reality is that my life and life experiences would have been nothing like they ended up being without that plug and that note. I had great respect for Melby, who was a reader of this publication and was one of the first group of Observer Hall of Fame voters, and remained a voter until his death in 2007.

UberTag

That could work once Balor is established. I'm not saying he can never get to that level. For all intents and purposes Balor doesn't exist in the WWE universe. To expect him to go from that to one of the most coveted spots in the company (a Mania match against Taker) in 2 months is asking too much, especially from WWE's current creative team.
Considering literally all of their main event talents besides Roman are hurt, they might have to.
What happened to pulling the trigger on Cena vs. Taker? Are they torn on which guy should take the loss?
The old dude should, incidentally.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You thought Taker vs Balor was ridiculous and this is perfectly reasonable?

I cannot imagine the disaster a Kane and Taker casket match in two thousand and sixteen would be nor does it benefit a roster so thin it makes Cheeseburger look buff.

Yeah, Taker vs Balor is fuckin' stupid

Kaladin

I still don't actually know why Enzo and Cass are in NXT still, they'd presumably make a good foil for the starting-to-get-stale New Day. Pretty much none of the other teams have had the mic skills to even vaguely compete with New Day.

For all the skill they have on the mic, they're still lacking in the ring. They've improved but they're still not ready.

JavyOO7

After watching a lot of NXT and seeing him on RAW most weeks I've really grown to appreciate Hunico Sin Cara. His contrast with the clearly more talented Calisto is very striking, with the one handed lifting powerbomb and such. It's gonna be a shame when they break these two up and Sin Cara probably dissolves back into nothing.

I think Sin Cara is pretty talented and isn't that far off from Kalisto. Its just they don't let him spread his wings all too often.

His match against BNB on Main Event
http://network.wwe.com/video/v37227317/milestone/39562283

His match against Cesaro on Main Event
http://network.wwe.com/video/v37509883/milestone/39602583

Sin Cara also doesn't need to do high flying stuff because he's not suited for that. He's really good as a power guy, and then uses his lucha stuff as a supplement. It shouldn't be his full offense though.

EDIT - And its not that Sin Cara is AMAZING. But he's good enough. He's a guy who could be upper main event and be more visible and I'm sure would bring in merch money because of his masks that he wears. That should be reason enough to push him. But WWE likes to fumble the ball too often.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also they're setting up heel fake Parka and if there's one thing AAA can't resist, it's pushing fake Parka.

Likely a feud with Rey because Rey talked about wanting to feud with Cibernetico(another quality wrestler like shit Parka) before Cibernetico fucked off to CMLL

Sephzilla

Balor is in NXT

Also Taker doesn't even know who he is

He's the NXT Champ and the guy he beat for the belt was Kevin Owens - the guy who beat 15 time world champ John Cena in his first match. I think "he's in NXT" is too dismissive.

I also think Taker not knowing Balor is exactly why Balor could beat Taker. He's an unknown to Taker, he'd be the Buster Douglas to Taker's Mike Tyson.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's the NXT Champ and the guy he beat for the belt was Kevin Owens - the guy who beat 15 time world champ John Cena in his first match. I think "he's in NXT" is too dismissive.

I also think Taker not knowing who Balor is exactly why Balor could beat Taker. He's an unknown to Taker, he'd be the Buster Douglas to Taker's Mike Tyson.

I mean IRL Taker has no idea who Balor is

Also NXT is a dismissal, when was the last time an NXT match was on Wrestlemania?

Angry Grimace

Meltzer confirming that the original plan was for AJ to be a surprise entrant in the Rumble, though that could change now that the news got out.

That would have probably blown minds if literally nobody knew.

Angry Grimace

For all the skill they have on the mic, they're still lacking in the ring. They've improved but they're still not ready.

That has never mattered ever

Eva Marie was on the main roster until she demoted herself

Balor should be defending the NXT title at Mania with an NXT quality match.

How about the Women's Championship at WrestleMania

Sephzilla

I mean IRL Taker has no idea who Balor is

Also NXT is a dismissal, when was the last time an NXT match was on Wrestlemania?

This has nothing to do with the discussion?

Sami Zayn showed up billed as "the hottest wrestler in NXT" and almost beat John Cena. Kevin Owens walked onto WWE television with the NXT title, stomped on the US belt on live, and beat John Cena. Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens was the headline match of a WWE Live Special. Dismissing Balor because "he's in NXT" is stupid as fuck considering how NXT was acknowledged on WWE TV in 2015.

Angry Grimace

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sunny gimmick posting

How about they do a new gimmick for WrestleMania in which every match is a Roman Reigns match

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's nothing spooky about daemon Finn.

It's basically his lucky trunks and nothing more. He doesn't mist people, he doesn't bite them, he doesn't hypnotize them. It's not like Papa Shango lighting people on fucking fire or even Bray brainwashing people. A 'spooky feud' doesn't work because he doesn't do shit spooky. Again, the whole daemon gimmick is completely superficial. In a sport of fake people, Finn is the most fake one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This has nothing to do with the discussion?

Sami Zayn showed up billed as "the hottest wrestler in NXT" and almost beat John Cena. Kevin Owens walked onto WWE television with the NXT title, stomped on the US belt on live, and beat John Cena. Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens was basically the headline match of a WWE Live Special.

none of that at Wrestlemania

Not that I disagree it'd be nice to have an NXT match at Mania, because that would be nice

But 2'2" Balor vs 10' Taker should never happen. Plus Taker has to meet him first.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sunny gimmick posting

How about they do a new gimmick for WrestleMania in which every match is a Roman Reigns match

"Gimmick post!" means you're a cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom