• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
jesus christ lmao

it makes about as much sense as some main roster undercard talent fighting taker at this point.

What I mean is that it doesn't really make sense out of the blue. If they had set it up going back to say, Survivor Series (e.g. Undertaker recruits him onto his "team" in exchange for agreeing to a WM match or something).

Sephzilla

With pretty much the entire main event roster out, now would be a great time to bring back Cody Rhodes and have him go for the title

What I mean is that it doesn't really make sense out of the blue. If they had set it up going back to say, Survivor Series (e.g. Undertaker recruits him onto his "team" in exchange for agreeing to a WM match or something).

True, but still, pretty much any Undertaker Mania match is going to be out of the blue at this point. The last couple have been sudden one month feuds.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
With pretty much the entire main event roster out, now would be a great time to bring back Cody Rhodes and have him go for the title

True, but still, pretty much any Undertaker Mania match is going to be out of the blue at this point. The last couple have been sudden one month feuds.

You can get away with that if its someone we see all the time with some kind of credible link to the Undertaker, e.g. Lesnar is the biggest name on the roster who broke the streak (so its credible for the feud to start at any time) and Wyatt is the designated SPOOKY guy on the regular roster.

kirblar

This ain't about FUN this is about what DRAWS dammnit.
Can Cody draw?

I'm not being an asshole to be an asshole- I like Cody. But I'm not sure he's capable of going on that level, and I wonder if he's intentionally taking his brother's career path of being a hyper-reliable upper midcard guy.

Angry Grimace

Can Cody draw?

I'm not being an asshole to be an asshole- I like Cody. But I'm not sure he's capable of going on that level, and I wonder if he's intentionally taking his brother's career path of being a hyper-reliable upper midcard guy.

I mean, there's basically nothing that suggests he can. But you have to remember people say the exact same thing about Cesaro.

Menome

Only problem with bringing Cody Rhodes back is that he seems to be having fun as Stardust.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Cody only wants to retire Stardust in a match versus Goldust at Wrestlemania. Given that the schedule is currently less packed than anticipated, it could be somewhere down the card now.

somedevil

Some NXT taping news:

There is talk of some significant debuts at tonight’s NXT TV tapings tonight. Some talents who have been signed in recent months could make their NXT TV debuts. One could also be a potential big free agent. However, it should be noted that none of the debuts will be the NJPW stars who are rumored to have signed with WWE.

So maybe La Sombra, Biff Busick, Rich Swann and Athena could debut. Plus the big free agent is probably
Austin Aries.

What are you talking about? Anderson contract with New Japan doesn't end until end of January. So don't expect him until Feb or later.
May I have your attention, I'd like to have a moment to be not serious

*insert pic of Lance Storm goofing around *

Can Cody draw?

All that matters is if I'm entertained. Give my baby the title 😢

klonere

Banned
Can Cody draw?

Pros
He can actual talk, and talk very well which puts him above 95% of the roster
He's the requisite height and has the requisite body as well as looking good
He's a solid, WWE style wrestler.
Related to a premier wrestling family

Cons
Midcard 4 lyfe syndrome, hard to cure
Related to a premier wrestling family that had Dusty Rhodes in it
Comes off as an insufferable cunt through his personal twitter

I'm hearing Sasha Banks is injured.

LAWD

4aJUN10.jpg

Ithil

Cody has been there for so long, in the same position, that I don't know if you can move him past it at this point. Sort of the same with Dolph (though he has shit the bed a lot in the last year and lost much his former goodwill), he's in the same position he was four years ago and hasn't really evolved or changed at all.

JR suggested Dolph take 4-6 months off, and return with an all new look and character, Cody could do with something similar. He's just been there in his midcard role all year round forever, he might as well be part of the wallpaper to the audience.

Angry Grimace

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Cody only wants to retire Stardust in a match versus Goldust at Wrestlemania. Given that the schedule is currently less packed than anticipated, it could be somewhere down the card now.

This was a match that should have happened last year but then Dustin got hurt

Syder

This whole idea of Finn "tapping into" this demon side of his personality is awkward and stupid. He doesn't do shit differently except his lame entrance.
Isn't the entrance the reason the mainstream noticed Bálor in the first place; hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube, the entrance being in WWE 2K16, etc. ? The entrance being 'lame' is purely subjective. I, for one, like the fact that he's already given us different iterations of it already; the Jack the Ripper and leather jacket versions were nice changes, because we all know he could have just repeated the exact same intro from TakeOver: Brooklyn and people would still be lapping that shit up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Isn't the entrance the reason the mainstream noticed Bálor in the first place; hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube, the entrance being in WWE 2K16, etc. ? The entrance being 'lame' is purely subjective. I, for one, like the fact that he's already given us different iterations of it already; the Jack the Ripper and leather jacket versions were nice changes, because we all know he could have just repeated the exact same intro from TakeOver: Brooklyn and people would still be lapping that shit up.

Devitt was on WWE's radar long before the demon shit. Bullet club was the thing that got him noticed by the mainstream.

Heroman

Banned
If would like to know what Big Dave Meltzer thought of Wk10 here you go
Meltzer's Wrestle Kingdom 10 Ratings

Pre-show BR: 1 Star

Young Bucks v Matt Sydal & Richocet, Bobby Fish & Kyle o'Rielly and Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero: 3 3/4 Stars

Briscos and Toru Yan v Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi: 2 Stars

Jay Lethal v Michael Elgin: 3 1/4 Stars

Kushida v Kenny Omega: 4 Stars

Makabe & and Honma v Anderson and Gallows: 3 3/4 Stars

Goto v Naito: 3 3/4 Stars

Shibata v Ishii: 4 1/2 Stars

Nakamura v Styles: 4 3/4 Stars

Okada v Tanahashi: 5 Star

somedevil

Does anyone listen to keep it 100? Brian Mann deleted his twitter account. He worked for yahoo so I wonder if unfortunately he is one of the 1000 that lost his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom