• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

none of that at Wrestlemania

Not that I disagree it'd be nice to have an NXT match at Mania, because that would be nice

But 2'2" Balor vs 10' Taker should never happen. Plus Taker has to meet him first.

"Gimmick post!" means you're a cunt.

Oh, you're pretending your Vince McMahon again. I get it now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, you're pretending your Vince McMahon again

Don't act ridiculous. There's a reason why they call him Little Baby Balor backstage. He's not tall. I can deal with it. But I also know that means they can't put him against titans unless that's the story they're telling. And like Dada West said, Demon Balor is hollow. There's nothing beyond "lucky trunks" with it. I hope with letting that character rest, they can inject some actual meaning into what Demon Balor is, but it's not happening in a couple months.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
none of that at Wrestlemania

Not that I disagree it'd be nice to have an NXT match at Mania, because that would be nice

But 2'2" Balor vs 10' Taker should never happen. Plus Taker has to meet him first.

"Gimmick post!" means you're a cunt.

No it means you're saying patent nonsense shit like "there's not going to be an NXT match at Wrestlemania because its never happened before" and you're doing it on purpose. It's the nice, in-universe way of saying "stop trolling."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nvl40jW8Ui1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

Taker is a joke now and anything he does in the lead-up to his feud will be all the more laughable by comparison to god king Mils

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No it means you're saying patent nonsense shit like "there's not going to be an NXT match at Wrestlmania because its never happened before" and you're doing it on purpose. It's the nice way of saying "stop fucking trolling."

Sorry, we're not a hivemind and people have different opinions. You don't need to cry like a baby because someone has a different opinion about Finn Balor. I mean seriously, look at it. It's not a big deal.

I'm acting ridiculous?

not a big deal

We're discussing wrestling on the internet. No reason to get so invested.

Seriously though, calling something a "gimmick post" is one of the most harmful poisonous things you can do to a discussion. Most people come here to discuss their pro wrestling thoughts and to shut down a conversation with someone by calling them a gimmick is arrogant and gross, because it means you value your own opinion so highly that anyone else expressing something different is a joke to you. It's a hyper inflated sense of entitlement that needs to stop.

This of course does not apply to actual gimmick posters, like the type who roleplay here as wrestlers but in those cases your recourse should be to speak with a moderator rather than to attempt to police the thread.

Demon Balor is awful

Sexy jacket Balor is where it's at. Stop this brooding corny 1990s deadman bullshit.

The only exception Id make is Harper vs Undertaker. Harper avenges Bray and deserves the run more than Bray

Sephzilla

not a big deal

Seems like you're backing down now that your patent nonsense got called out.

Also Finn Balor is taller than the guy who beat Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton at WrestleMania 30 for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. He's also only 2 inches shorter than HBK. #StopHeightShaming

Zach

There's nothing spooky about daemon Finn.

It's basically his lucky trunks and nothing more. He doesn't mist people, he doesn't bite them, he doesn't hypnotize them. It's not like Papa Shango lighting people on fucking fire or even Bray brainwashing people. A 'spooky feud' doesn't work because he doesn't do shit spooky. Again, the whole daemon gimmick is completely superficial. In a sport of fake people, Finn is the most fake one.

Ooooh! I want to see somebody get poison misted!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Demon Balor is awful

Sexy jacket Balor is where it's at. Stop this brooding corny 1990s deadman bullshit.

The only exception Id make is Harper vs Undertaker. Harper avenges Bray and deserves the run more than Bray

I agree with Jacket Balor being a heck of a lot better. And you can do more with him.

Keep the demon shit on the shelf until a story calls for it in five or so years. It'll be special then.

Seems like you're backing down now that your patent nonsense got called out.

Also Finn Balor is taller than the guy who beat Batista and Randy Orton at WrestleMania 30. He's also only 2 inches shorter than HBK.

not a big deal. Don't get invested in it, it's just talking about wrestling on the internet.

Also Daniel Bryan was a part of the main roster.

Zach

Seriously though, calling something a "gimmick post" is one of the most harmful poisonous things you can do to a discussion. Most people come here to discuss their pro wrestling thoughts and to shut down a conversation with someone by calling them a gimmick is arrogant and gross, because it means you value your own opinion so highly that anyone else expressing something different is a joke to you. It's a hyper inflated sense of entitlement that needs to stop.

This of course does not apply to actual gimmick posters, like the type who roleplay here as wrestlers but in those cases your recourse should be to speak with a moderator rather than to attempt to police the thread.

Goooooddddddd shuuuuut uuuuup.

Demon Balor is awful

The lady friend is all about sexy jacket Balor.

I agree with Jacket Balor being a heck of a lot better. And you can do more with him.

Keep the demon shit on the shelf until a story calls for it in five or so years. It'll be special then.

not a big deal. Don't get invested in it, it's just talking about wrestling on the internet.

Also Daniel Bryan was a part of the main roster.

Bury the demon stuff forever. You either are the character or not.

There's a reason why people chant Cody at Stardust.

This whole idea of Finn "tapping into" this demon side of his personality is awkward and stupid. He doesnt do shit differently except his lame entrance.

Festus was much more believable with this sort of thing

Most people come here to discuss their pro wrestling thoughts and to shut down a conversation with someone is arrogant and gross, because it means you value your own opinion so highly that anyone else expressing something different is a joke to you. It's a hyper inflated sense of entitlement that needs to stop.

Agreed. Pepsi, stop harassing people who talk about, or post stuff from, Dave

Sephzilla

Bury the demon stuff forever. You either are the character or not.

There's a reason why people chant Cody at Stardust.

This whole idea of Finn "tapping into" this demon side of his personality is awkward and stupid. He doesnt do shit differently except his lame entrance.

Festus was much more believable with this sort of thing

I think you slightly missed the point with the Cody chants?

Also - I do agree with everyone that Balor needs to do more unique shit to make Demon Balor work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Despite him being one of my least favorite guys in season 1, the guy I want to see most in LU season 2 is ISIS Killer Shane Strickland.

Well, the person I want to see most besides
Jeff Cobb

Cagey

Banned
tumblr_nvl40jW8Ui1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

Taker is a joke now and anything he does in the lead-up to his feud will be all the more laughable by comparison to god king Mils

At this moment, seeing the enhancements of the lady in black and the glory swole of the monster in the master and staring more at the glory swole, I realize I spend too much time in the gym.

Sephzilla

I think the main reason I want to see something like Balor vs Taker is just for the sake of it being fresh and new. The only old fuck I'd ever want to see Taker fight anymore is Sting, but that isn't happening anymore. The thought of Kane/Taker makes me drowsy. Brock/Taker doesn't interest me anymore. And pretty much nobody else on the main roster makes a compelling opponent for Undertaker. So just through some young buck out there and see if Taker can make him famous.

Sign him now! I want him in a feud against Roman, he can make him look strong.

Hahahaha! All I can see now is Roman getting powerbombed through the roof... then suddenly springboarding straight back out through it and superman punching Mil for the win.

I forgot that Mil's another wrestler blessed with the almighty finish known as the reverse STO.

Hahahaha! All I can see now is Roman getting powerbombed through the roof... then suddenly springboarding straight back out through it and superman punching Mil for the win.

I forgot that Mil's another wrestler blessed with the almighty finish known as the reverse STO.
You remember the 1940s Superman cartoon? It shows him getting put through a building and shooting back up with his fist in the air flying. That's the picture I have of Roman in my head.

balor vs taker? people seriously talking about this?

never.
I remember the days when people would suggest the likes of Ted DiBiase Jr to go up against streak Taker for the rub, by comparison this ain't nearly that bad.

Taker vs Kane at WM32 would likely be the worst match on the card and put half the audience to sleep. Even in their prime, Taker vs Kane matches were never really that good and were mostly just caps to storylines.
It's not about the amount of stars the match can deliver, it's about that emotional resonance only obtained through fake brothers shooting lightning and fire at each other with spooky mood lighting.
You just don't understand the nuances of this feud Seph.

Or taker gets injured waking up in the morning
Injures his back performing his trademark situp to emerge from bed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And for the record, its pretty much true that there's no way Balor could conceivably fight Undertaker while still being in NXT. I could see an NXT match or an NXT guy being on the card to fill stuff out and/or give the rub to the division, but an NXT guy just randomly fighting the Undertaker (a marquee WrestleMania match) makes no sense.

Sephzilla

LOLTNA

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/685209015815659520

How much air you gotta have in your head to fuck up that?

jesus christ lmao

And for the record, its pretty much true that there's no way Balor could conceivably fight Undertaker while still being in NXT. I could see an NXT match or an NXT guy being on the card to fill stuff out and/or give the rub to the division, but an NXT guy just randomly fighting the Undertaker (a marquee WrestleMania match) makes no sense.

it makes about as much sense as some main roster undercard talent fighting taker at this point.

Kaladin

ROH just signed this as the main event for their January 22nd show in Asheville, NC:

012216ashchampvsbc1.jpg

ROH CHAMPIONS vs THE BULLET CLUB
Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong & War Machine vs The Young Bucks, Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

ROH just signed this as the main event for their January 22nd show in Asheville, NC:

012216ashchampvsbc1.jpg

ROH CHAMPIONS vs THE BULLET CLUB
Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong & War Machine vs The Young Bucks, Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
So it's not true 😢
Cody needs to get rid of the Stardust gimmick. It's horrible now. He needs to get back into title contention
Yes! I want Cody as my champ in 2016.

Yep ,I've been singing this for 7 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom