• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He at least knew how to wrestle by 2004, which was ten years ago.
And my point is that that's when he got REALLY out of shape. He did improve a little by then, though. Four years after being retrianed, and two years after being called out by Taker. Do you know how bad you have to be to get Taker to break kayfabe and call you out publicly? Damn.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Haha don't take it too hard, I've been lifting for over a year now and DDP yoga still kicks my ass! Awesome workouts.

Good to hear. I'm trying to lose about 75lbs and I think with diet, cardio on the off days and DDP Yoga I can get there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shit when did Aiii hijack plywoods account and start posting degrading gifs of fine upstanding women trying to make it in a male dominated business?

Not ok with women showing their sexuality eh? Rather have them covered up and hidden away from the world. I see.

strobogo

Banned
Are you joking? He got fatter than ever AFTER this interview. He didn't lose weight until he left the WWE in 2007, and he gained most of that back really quickly. In 2000, Big Show was also sent to OVW to be retrained on how to be a wrestler, and he came back at the rumble in 2001. He was retrained by HHH and a bunch of other guys. This Taker interview was in 2002!! Show was still terrible, and according to Taker, still treating people terribly.

He got really in shape when he took time off and did boxing stuff in preparation for the match with Pretty Boy Floyd at WM, then had a very strong run about 6 months after that where he was booked perfectly and was actually in shape. Then he just kept gaining weight, taking some time off, losing a little, then gaining more. He looks awful right now. He needs to be used as an ambassador or something. He's too big, too old, and too unmotivated to still be a regular wrestler. But god damn, Taker breaking kayfabe on a national TV show (even if it wasn't in America) to call him out for being a lazy shithead is pretty intense.

Mae Young and The Fabulous Moolah are two of the sweetest ladies you’d ever meet. All the boys respected the hell out of them and everybody rolled out the red carpet whenever they were on the show. By 2000, they’d already got over 100 years of in-ring experience between them, so that tells you how old they were. But they would still get in the ring now and then when they were given the chance. On one show, Crash and I were booked to do a tag team match against them, so we sat down in catering together to go over the match. Out of respect for them, I took myself out of the equation and told them we would do whatever they wanted to do. Mae planned a spot where she would be in the ring with Crash and I’d sneak in behind her. She would turn around and I’d clothesline her. I said to her, “Mae, I’ve got all the respect in the world for you but if you’re asking me to clothesline you, you need to know that I lay it in there.” She said, “Sure I know that, I want you to clothesline me.” I said, “No, you don’t understand – when I clothesline somebody, I try to rip their head off. It’s TV, I don’t want it to look bad but I don’t want to hurt you.” This nearly 80-year-old woman just looked at me and said, “Bring it, motherfucker.”

Mae young is so awesome

TL21xx

Banned
Alright, this is what I came up with Stro.

hDpxIFB.png

Let me know if you want anything changed/are looking for something a little less showy.

strobogo

Banned
Alright, this is what I came up with Stro.

Let me know if you want anything changed/are looking for something a little less showy.

It's great. Putting it up now. This guy is a real rock and rolla. Actually, it isn't big enough. Needs to be 2048x1152. But it is excellent and I think the boss man should consider using it for the website.

G-Fex

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR KOFI

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S O Sヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

RBH

Looks like Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are coming to TNA.

Dixie should've been signing people like this a long fucking time ago. Otherwise, they might've not missed out on Claudio, El Generico, Chris Hero, etc.

RBH

Ring of Honor Wrestling will begin airing in the following markets this weekend!!

Rochester, NY
Saturdays at 12 midnight on WUHF

Harlingen, TX
Saturdays at 10:30pm on KGBT

Albany Georgia
Saturday 12 Midnight on WFXL

Amarillo, Texas
Sundays @ 11PM on KVII

Columbia/Jefferson City, Missouri
Saturdays @ 1030PM on KRCG

Columbia, South Carolina
Saturdays @ Midnight on WACH

Portland Maine
Saturdays @ 12PM on WPFO

Seattle, Wa
Fridays @ 1AM on KOMO

Portland Oregon
Saturdays @ 1AM on KATU

Ottumwa, IA / Kirksville, MO
Saturdays at 12:30am on ABC KTVO and on KTVO.2 CBS Saturdays at 11pm

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

Randy Savage in Memphis

Studio Debut (1983)

Randy Savage interrupts a show in the studio with his father, Angelo Poffo. He's in a leather jacket, has a fedora, and a larger beard than what most are accustomed to. He and Angelo unravel a banner that reads "MachoManWantsKing". Randy would then headbutt a framed photo of King and continue to hold the show hostage. Lance throws it to break, but when we come back, Randy is still causing a scene. Savage demands that Eddie Marlin books him a cage match with King. Lance threatens to call the police. Savage attacks the jobbers in the ring. Piledrivers and a killer elbow drop.

iuyxRKZ4dLU8J.gif

ibfmpZzeCUBNtP.gif

“Lawler’s Dad Is Dead” (12/83)

Savage sends in a crazy promo about King's dad being DEAD and spinning in his grave because he's embarrassed of his son. This might have been done at an 80s stand up comedy club. He asked for a handicap match against Idol and King and he wants King to admit to his dead father that he was afraid of Savage. SHINNING IN THE NIGHT! SHINNING IN THE NIGHT! DIG IT! Macho looks even more coked up than his WWF run. Eyes bulging out of his head, sweating everywhere, being crazy. King would respond and speak about his father dying in the late 1960s and that it is King's biggest regret that his father never got to see him be a wrestler. King is going to beat Savage in front of his father. This is awesome from both guys.

i9hMMTzKy0bVb.gif

Cage Match Hype (12/83)

The first promo is from King at his home. Savage wanted King for 4 years and when he got his shot, he blew it. Because he's crazy and a complete idiot. King can't rely on his father to bail him out, but Savage is going to know the feeling in the cage match.

Lance Russell says that Savage is crazy and we get to see Randy's reaction after his match with King from Monday night. First, he threatens to break the neck of the camera man. He rants about beating King in his own back yard and if King wants a rematch, it will have to be on Savage's turf. If this tape doesn't make it to air, he is going to break the neck of who ever is responsible.

“Fame”

This starts with Angelo Poffo rolling down his car window and hyping up his son, who was ICW champ for over 4 years. Then we get what I thought was going to be a music video set to the Theme From Fame, but turns into Savage dropping weights and stopping the video to cut a promo on Terry Taylor. After he's done, the music starts back up and we get a bit of a montage.

iDlSaYx4biNmP.gif

Randy Savage joins the First Family (2/84)

Amazing, radio stations dropped songs to announce that Jimmy Hart signed Randy Savage to the First Family. Jimmy Hart then cuts a promo while eating an apple. This led directly into Savage coming out in the studio. His dragon robe was so fucking swank. Angelo has a sign that says "The world is Macho Man country". He calls out King and thanks Jimmy Hart. He also called out Eddie Marlin.

Randy Savage Promo (9/84)

A promo from the back. It's about King and the feeling he got and parties and Twilight Zones. It actually felt good to have King on his side. He's been looking in the papers for jobs for King Kong Bundy and Rick Rude after the no DQ match. WASH DISHES YEAH! WASH DISHES! This is some classic crazy rambling Randy Savage shit. " And don't say that I spit when I talk, yeah, 'cuz I don't." But he is going to spit on Rude and Bundy.

Randy Savage Interview (10/84)

Randy gives a promo after he was busted open in the studio. I believe I saw the match where this happened. His head is covered in blood and is going to show everyone something scary. Intense Randy, not coked up intense Randy, though.

Jimmy Suzuki (4/6/85)

Jimmy is a Japanese photographer who was talking about pictures he took of King in Japan. This brought Randy Savage out, who had recently injured King and is again a heel. He confronts Jimmy, asking him who the king of Japan is. As Randy has never been to Japan, Jimmy can't say he's the king of Japan. Naturally, Savage attacks him for saying that. Jimmy is busted open and the Fabulous Ones chase Savage away.

ibent3DyLD1Lhr.gif

Jerry Lawler Promo (4/21/85)

King delivers a promo I assume from home, replaying the video tape of the last match between the two, where Savage injured King on purpose. He thought about quitting, but the more he watched the tape, the less he wanted to quit. He's going to be at the Colosseum on Monday and he is going to get his revengance on Randy Savage.

Randy Savage Goes Berserk (4/21/85)

Exactly what it sounds like. Savage saw the promo and flies back into the studio, threatening to hit everyone, slamming a chair into the announce table and chasing Lance back stage. He promises that King will not walk out of their match alive.

Randy Savage & Dr. D (5/4/85)

What the fuck, Dave Schultz says King has AIDS, and that's why no one wants to team with him. Jesus Christ. Dr. D more or less says he fucked Bruiser Brody's and King's women. He's also wearing a fucking swastika on his shirt. What the fuck is going on?

ibjyfiUyslBNgt.gif

Loser Leaves Town Hype (6/85)

The first section of this is a sit down interview with Lance and King. Not only is this a loser leaves town match, but King will not return to the ring if he loses. The fans weren't very happy with the decision. He talks about one of his toughest opponents, Bill Dundee. He then shows a highlight package of their last match. Then one with Eddie Gilbert. He talks about a lawsuit between Randy and the company and Randy one night interrupting a show in Kentucky to challenge King. Savage and his manager would come out. He keeps it about as calm as he possibly can, but gets up in King's face, particularly pissed about King's stupid grin. 100,000 light years into the future, Savage will still be the best wrestler ever. Savage almost hits his own manager. Jerry Calhoun is going to be the ref, which sets Randy off as Calhoun is King's softball partner. King says they can have no ref if that makes Randy feel better.

This is awesome. About an hour of little seen Randy Savage being awesome.

NXT was really week this weak. A good-ish Breeze/Neville match and nothing else. Mojo/Bo was forgettable, though Mojo looked alright. also GOD FUCK CJ PARKER HE'S SO SHIT WHY IS HE BACK and i liked jason jordan's theme ok that's all i liked from that.

The crowd turned on Rusev/Kofi II so fuckin hard. It was Sheamus/Orton levels.
why the fuck is Kofi the guy to end Alex Rusev's streak though? you couldn't push an actual regular with that spot?
Anyway Kofi Kingston sucks and this big push he's getting would fit better on anyone else.
NXT spoilers:
RAW, Main Event, NXT--big week for Kofi. Big old, boring ass week.

Also I don't usually pick up on things like this, but Mojo has got a gut this week.
I noticed it, too, I tried justifying it to myself because I like Mojo but nah, dude's got flab

XenoRaven

I like that Legit Shook logo and I don't want to open up the floodgates to a bunch of wacky suggestions, but I think an alternate logo where LEGIT SHOOK is written on someone's wrist would be funny.

strobogo

Banned
Randy Savage in Memphis

Watch all of this. About an hour of pure crazy Randy Savage that likely none of you have seen unless you went out of your way to get a hold of the Memphis set in the last couple years. It's awesome.

Maybe we can get an indie wrestler to wear Legitshook.com on his wrist tape.

Top Bottom