• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Vylash

norman_smiley_canshot_by_justicecolde-d4fxbfp.gif

strobogo

Banned
Randy Savage was so young, so much energy. So much illegal piledrivers.

I love Macho Man Promos ;_;

Randy Savage is the GOAT. I don't give a fuck if his promos often made no sense and his matches were all laid out. Macho is the best. However, I believe piledrivers were legal in ICW. That elbow in the first segment was one of the best he ever dropped. I would send that to Punk if I knew he would actually look at it.

both had Kofi Kingston matches so they're about level regardless of the rest

This is my second week watching Main Event and here are my thoughts on why it's good:

• It's canon - Brodus Clay and Ryback's storylines progressed on Main Event
  • It's on free over-the-air tv, in HD - Yeah NXT is on Hulu for free but I just can't be arsed, in the parlance of our friend Bootaaay, to sit in front of my laptop, start NXT and do nothing else for an hour. There's something about watching a show on television that just gets me to sit down and pay attention. I have Netflix and HBO Go on this computer that I'm typing this post on and have zero desire to open them up, browse and watch something right now. But 8 pm on Wednesday? Main Event time.
  • No Daniel Bryan
  • Midcarders and Jobbers get to shine - Fandango's great sense of humor, Brad Maddox actually being able to do his job, and 3MB main eventing. It's a breath of fresh air.
  • It's only an hour long

In summary, watch Main Event.

This is my second week watching Main Event and here are my thoughts on why it's good:

• It's on free over-the-air tv, in HD - Yeah NXT is on Hulu for free but I just can't be arsed, in the parlance of our friend Bootaaay, to sit in front of my laptop, start NXT and do nothing else for an hour. There's something about watching a show on television that just gets me to sit down and pay attention. I have Netflix and HBO Go on this computer that I'm typing this post on and have zero desire to open them up, browse and watch something right now. But 8 pm on Wednesday? Main Event time.
  • No Daniel Bryan
  • Midcarders and Jobbers get to shine - Fandango's great sense of humor, Brad Maddox actually being able to do his job, and 3MB main eventing. It's a breath of fresh air.
  • It's only an hour long

I didn't watch Main Event this week but this is why you're wrong
-Kofi Kingston wrestled
-Kofi Kingston wrestled Curtis Axel
-I guess Brodus Clay was on it. if he debuted his hot new music, ignore this point
-continuity errors: Brad Maddox is the GM of Raw, not the GM of Main Event.
-Triple H, The Game himself, was on NXT. I don't think he was on your little jobber program
-kofi

Toki767

I suspect even though we'll have all these new quality gifs from the Network, most people will still be using the crappy ones.

G-Fex

Randy Savage is the GOAT. I don't give a fuck if his promos often made no sense and his matches were all laid out. Macho is the best. However, I believe piledrivers were legal in ICW. That elbow in the first segment was one of the best he ever dropped. I would send that to Punk if I knew he would actually look at it.

I love his nonsensical promos. That elbow was indeed great.

I wish CM Punk would stop doing the elbow, he's so awful.

• No Daniel Bryan
  • It's only an hour long

Once again Bean Breath is right. No Daniel Bryan is a super bonus.

I'm more shocked that people still watch television in 2014

I don't know what it is but there are too many distractions online for me to, one, think to watch a movie or tv show, and two, sit and watch it to completion, without pausing it, opening a new tab, refreshing gaf, following a YouTube link I saw in a thread, watching related videos for 20 minutes, looking up something I saw in one of the videos on Wikipedia, back to gaf, click a link to a news article, skim it, check rss feeds, check twitter, back to gaf, back to the movie or tv show, pause it after 10 minutes, back to gaf, etc, etc.

When I had a 360, I would queue up my YouTube subscriptions and seriously sit there and watch every video to completion, almost everyday. I'd barely watch TV. Since I got rid of the Xbox, I've probably watched a handful of YouTube videos from my subs.

I just can't sit and watch something on a device that has a web browser, I suppose, is the point I'm trying to make.

G-Fex

Yup FallingEdge and me are the two man power trip. The Mega powers, and a little of the bucks rolled into one.

DIG IT?

strobogo

Banned
I don't know what it is but there are too many distractions online for me to, one, think to watch a movie or tv show, and two, sit and watch it to completion, without pausing it, opening a new tab, refreshing gaf, following a YouTube link I saw in a thread, watching related videos for 20 minutes, looking up something I saw in one of the videos on Wikipedia, back to gaf, click a link to a news article, skim it, check rss feeds, check twitter, back to gaf, back to the movie or tv show, pause it after 10 minutes, back to gaf, etc, etc.

When I had a 360, I would queue up my subscriptions and seriously sit there and watch every video to completion, almost everyday. I'd barely watch TV. Since I got rid of the Xbox, I've probably watched a handful of videos from my subs.

I just can't sit and watch something on a device that has a web browser, I suppose, is the point I'm trying to make.

I get what you're saying. But since I built a new PC last summer and have it connected to my TV, I find myself watching a lot more things, because it can be on the and I can half distract myself on the PC monitor.

I get what you're saying. But since I built a new PC last summer and have it connected to my TV, I find myself watching a lot more things, because it can be on the and I can half distract myself on the PC monitor.

Yeah, not having a good streaming device hooked up to my TV is partly to blame. I have a blu-ray player, but it's messed up (can't log into my YouTube account, no user accounts on Netflix, shitty video quality, etc.)

I got rid of my 360 mainly because I thought it'd make me more productive...

7708.gif

Toki767

Uh. Rusev's first loss on NXT was to Kofi of all people? That seems like such a waste. They don't even make a big deal about it.

G-Fex

I'm watching the bay watch episode with Hulk Hogan and Macho Man and some evil developer wants to turn their lousy gym into a lot.

BAH GAWD ITS FLAIR with some guy with stupid eyebrows and VADER.

SWERVED!

Also the baywatch lifeguards and their leotards unf unf Kreygasm

iUKfR4ySICHiF.gif

That basketball didn't live to hold a grudge

Toki767

I'm watching the bay watch episode with Hulk Hogan and Macho Man and some evil developer wants to turn their lousy gym into a lot.

SWERVED!

iUKfR4ySICHiF.gif

Did you purposefully forget Kevin Sullivan's name? I still remember that episode.

SWERVED!

iUKfR4ySICHiF.gif

When did Ric Flair debut his short haircut?

I feel like that would've been a memorable event.

G-Fex

When did Ric Flair debut his short haircut?

I feel like that would've been a memorable event.

no clue but this is great

The rings have slimjim posts and Mach is throwing slimjims into the crowd

LOL They're using punch sound effects for the match. It's so weird.

strobogo

Banned
He had that short hair off and on for most of the 90s. He had the AWFUL hair cut right before he left WCW, then let it grow out while in the WWF and cut it again probably around the time Hogan came in. He'd keep it that same general style until late 1999/early 2000 when it got crazy again. And then he had the spiked hair.

Top Bottom