• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
Going to TNA at this point seems like a lateral move at absolute best. I feel like the Wolves can make more on indies and international tours. TNA is long past the point of giving you more exposure. Anyone watching TNA likely already knows who they are and will do nothing to raise their stock to WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
In fact, I feel WWE actively ignores TNA talent.

For one, they had that lawsuit where TNA accused them of poaching their talent when Ric Flair quit TNA. For another, I'm sure Vince loves showing Dixie how little he thinks of her company.

Started DDP Yoga on Monday. Did the second workout today and I'm fuckin' gassed from it. I'm an out of shape mess.

That's what they're designed to do. All that straining and tensing your muscles is your own strength working against you, and it jacks your heart rate right up. I've been enjoying it, and it really does help lose weight and ton up.

gnrmjd

Looked back a couple pages but didn't find it.

Anybody have a GIF of that sick dropkick to the apron by Reigns on Raw this week?

Toki767

Looked back a couple pages but didn't find it.

Anybody have a GIF of that sick dropkick to the apron by Reigns on Raw this week?

Had to go back like 30 pages for it.

tumblr_mzdd1p5WtV1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Farewell Mae Young, you were one awesome woman.

I really wanted her to have that match at 100 years old. :( I honestly thought she would get there.

As far as Raw goes, well I should be happy they flip-flopped D-Bry back already lol, it was an awesome moment that the crown went ape shit for as expected..... but shouldn't they have saved it for the Rumble or something? :\ Could have been even cooler, they really just can't commit to anything more than a week can they?

Vylash

That's what they're designed to do. All that straining and tensing your muscles is your own strength working against you, and it jacks your heart rate right up. I've been enjoying it, and it really does help lose weight and ton up.

Yeah I've been meaning to start DDP Yoga myself, only thing I'm really lacking is enough space to comfortably do it

you just reminded me

the best part of the smark ass NXT crowd this week is when Rusev waved his arms up and down three times and the crowd responded with FEED! ME! MORE! chants and then they turned into Goldberg chants. for Alex Rusev. Loved it.

I actually forgot that FEED ME MORE was a huge thing at one point

Marvel

could never
you just reminded me

the best part of the smark ass NXT crowd this week is when Rusev waved his arms up and down three times and the crowd responded with FEED! ME! MORE! chants and then they turned into Goldberg chants. for Alex Rusev. Loved it.

I actually forgot that FEED ME MORE was a huge thing at one point

NXT crowd is awesome haha.

G-Fex

They did used to call it Raw Supershow when they had Smackdown guys on Raw to end the brand split. I suppose you could call them Supershow's.

I remember that

I also remember nickelback

I'd rather have that nickelback than t his new song.

A question for the Puro guys. Noah is coming to my backwater area of Japan this Sunday and I was wondering if I should make the effort to check it out. Here's a link to the card http://www.noah.co.jp/tour_detail.php?tour_id=1237

I quite fancy seeing KENTA in action and it'd be nice to see Liger again.

I'd go for it, looks like a fun show - especially the main event, with Nagata & Liger from New Japan against NOAH's Morishima and Kenou from Michinoku Pro. Also, Ishimori vs Ohara should be a good jr's match and I like the look of that TMDK vs BRAVE 6-man tag. TMDK have been pretty great over the past year or so.

Aiii

So not worth it
The 1/11 show in McMinnville, TN, drew 1,200 fans, largely through local grassroots promotion. The show was the same as the night before except they flip-flopped the two main events, as Sting wrestled Bully and Magnus defended against Joe. Interesting that both nights they used Bully as the main event, and not Magnus and the title. Magnus pinned Joe with a belt shot after a ref bump. Sting pinned Bully with the scorpion death drop. Show ended with the Bro Mans attacking Sting, and Storm & Gunner making the save.

In both cities, they postered the town like an old school promotion, as they did in the cities last week. Sting was not on any of the posters since he was added to the shows about three weeks ago. The posters focused on Angle and Anderson, who, of course, ended up pulled from the tour. There were people in the buildings asking about why Angle wasn’t there, but only one person, in Bristol, asked about Anderson.

Anderson lol.

Total Nonstop Anderson
Total Noshow Angle.

I used to be in the camp of 'TNA will always be OK', but now I'm not sure anymore. They do seem to be on their last legs, they certainly appear to be no better off than when they started all those years ago with the weekly PPVs. So I'm starting to wonder how long they actually have left - is it basically SpikeTV holding them up at this point?

Aiii

So not worth it
Total Nonstop Anderson
Total Noshow Angle.

I used to be in the camp of 'TNA will always be OK', but now I'm not sure anymore. They do seem to be on their last legs, they certainly appear to be no better off than when they started all those years ago with the weekly PPVs. So I'm starting to wonder how long they actually have left - is it basically SpikeTV holding them up at this point?

Yep, when they lose Spike they're gone. Their deal is up in September.

If Viacom ends up bidding on WWE, TNA is done for. If JJ gets his new promotion up and running and makes a deal with Viacom they're also toast.

God...a Jarrett run promotion. *shudders*

What's the over/under on how long it takes for him to book himself as champion? Also, I wonder if he'd try and cut a deal with the NWA again.

G-Fex

didn't Jarrett run TNA when it first started?

I read that wiki type page on the history of bad things in TNA and reading the first few years made me EXTREMELY Depressed and miserable.

So boots is right.

Aiii

So not worth it
God...a Jarrett run promotion. *shudders*

What's the over/under on how long it takes for him to book himself as champion? Also, I wonder if he'd try and cut a deal with the NWA again.

I think he will be the champ within the first month. Probably wins the title tourney and then goes on a 2-year reign.

Aiii

So not worth it
Some singing news from WON:
Hogan also reached a verbal deal to return this past week although it’s been pretty clear for several weeks that this was happening. Hogan won’t be at a match at WrestleMania, at least as things stand now, no matter what Piper has been pushing for, because Hogan can’t pass the physical, although no doubt he will be around that weekend and be part of the show. I don’t know that an actual contract has been signed, but it’s openly talked about that he’s in. Hogan was talked about to be brought in for the network launch which would have been his return, but they decided to save his return for later. As noted here before, Roddy Piper was trying to push the idea of Piper & Punk (which is why he endorsed Punk last week on Raw) vs. Hogan & Cena. That would be weird because in that match, Cena would be booed like crazy, no way will they boo Hogan, Piper or Punk unless they go so far heelish and even then I’m not sure. Piper had contacted Punk to try and get him on board for the idea. Based on TV this week, it sure seems like the HHH vs. Punk deal at Mania is still on.

The Batista deal had been in the works since September and was signed in or around October.

Regarding Bill Goldberg facing Ryback at WrestleMania, the situation is unchanged from the last time we wrote about it. It was said to be close to dead because they are far apart on money, but it’s not completely dead.

They are also talking with Sting, who has not renewed his TNA deal.

Jamie OD

Gotta make a living. I guess they didn't learn from AJ, Joe, and Nigel. They probably should've gone to Japan.

Joe is one of the few guys who is completely happy with being in TNA because he gets paid to do very little. He was interviewed by Konnan on the MLW Radio podcast and they brought up the angle where he was kidnapped by ninjas and went missing. The angle pretty much turned into a long paid vacation for him and he was happy with that. His mindset now is why should he go risk his health when he has a light workload and his cheques aren't bouncing yet?

In fact, I feel WWE actively ignores TNA talent.

For one, they had that lawsuit where TNA accused them of poaching their talent when Ric Flair quit TNA. For another, I'm sure Vince loves showing Dixie how little he thinks of her company.

Also WWE is mainly interested in building talent from the ground up with their Development Facility. They'll show interest in an indy wrestler here and there but the main goal is find good looking athletic people and create talent from scratch. TNA wrestlers just don't fit into their vision.

A question for the Puro guys. Noah is coming to my backwater area of Japan this Sunday and I was wondering if I should make the effort to check it out. Here's a link to the card http://www.noah.co.jp/tour_detail.php?tour_id=1237

I quite fancy seeing KENTA in action and it'd be nice to see Liger again.

If it's not expensive, then sure go see it.

Couple of Joey Ryan tweets about Bill DeMott;

"At WWE camp, Bill DeMott said nobody on indies is as good as NXT guys. I'd LOVE to debate Bill DeMott on what he thinks "good wrestling" is."

"Another thing Bill DeMott said at the WWE camp is that "WWE retrained Daniel Bryan or he wouldn't be as good as he is today.""

A guy like Drew Gulak, current CZW Heavyweight Champion, could wipe the floor with the majority of the NXT roster when it comes to mat skills and technical wrestling. Also, Bryan won the Most Outstanding Wrestler award five times in a row - the last year he won it? His final year on the indies. Sure, Bryan had to learn how to work within the WWE style, but it didn't necessarily make him better. More focussed, certainly, but also more limited.

Lamda Pisicum said:
i'd watch a Double J promotion, can't be worse than the WWE.

You say this, but seven months in to a two year long Double J NWA Title reign and you'll soon change your mind.

Aiii said:
I think he will be the champ within the first month. Probably wins the title tourney and then goes on a 2-year reign.

That sounds eerily accurate. Are you from the future?

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Rusev's lost was to see how he would react before he was added to the main roster. The American Wolves dis not pass this test.

Actually, by all accounts the Wolves (or Pitbulls) were highly praised for their professionalism throughout their try-out.

Kaladin

"At WWE camp, Bill DeMott said nobody on indies is as good as NXT guys. I'd LOVE to debate Bill DeMott on what he thinks "good wrestling" is."

"Another thing Bill DeMott said at the WWE camp is that "WWE retrained Daniel Bryan or he wouldn't be as good as he is today.""

A guy like Drew Gulak, current CZW Heavyweight Champion, could wipe the floor with the majority of the NXT roster when it comes to mat skills and technical wrestling. Also, Bryan won the Most Outstanding Wrestler award five times in a row - the last year he won it? His final year on the indies. Sure, Bryan had to learn how to work within the WWE style, but it didn't necessarily make him better. More focussed, certainly, but also more limited.

There is probably a mentality in the WWE that they're the pop music of wrestling and indie wrestling is the jam band with 20 minute long songs that go on needlessly forever.

Xater

Some people in WWE live in their own little bubble, which isn't exactly news. Pretty sure Regal for example tries to keep up with the indies.

There is probably a mentality in the WWE that they're the pop music of wrestling and indie wrestling is the jam band with 20 minute long songs that go on needlessly forever.

No doubt, with certain people in WWE there's obviously a lot of contempt for the indie wrestling style (not entirely without cause, I'll admit) - but I look at a guy like DeMott and it blows my mind that he's a head trainer at anywhere, let alone WWE's performance centre.

I mean, really, lets get a show of virtual hands from people who ever enjoyed anything Bill DeMott did during his in-ring career - anyone?

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE doesn't like indie stars, color me shocked.

They seem to like them fine going by NXT.

Bill DeMott is just Bill DeMott.
---
More WON:
There is at least talk of unifying the IC and U.S. title belts, and also talk last week of bringing Christian and Evan Bourne back this month. Christian was scheduled to return last month. Bourne has been ready for some time but creative hasn’t come up with anything for him.

Top Bottom