• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Hasney

They seem to be doing fine, as everyone is throwing a fit about Daniel Bryan not being in the Rumble match.

I hope they take it even farther by having the Wyatt Family completely destroy him in their match before the Rumble, showing him completely destroyed being carted off in an ambulance as Brie is left behind horribly fake crying her way through the segment.

Then after Harper and Rowan have entered the Rumble and clear house, they can have Daniel Bryan's music hit and get that huge pop there and after he wins.

Don't really believe that Bryan isn't in the Rumble, they can't be that stupid. It books itself at the moment.

If they don't want him to win, fine, go a bit old-school. Have him beat Bray but then brutally beaten down by the Wyatts and taken away in an ambulance. His music hits for #10 in the Rumble but he never appears. After another couple of guys enter, his music hits again between entrances without a countdown and he hobbles down to the ring with his head and ribs bandaged, lasts until the final 4 and gets eliminated.

A 100% Bryan clearly would have won it, but thanks to the Wyatts, he didn't, so one last blowoff match on a Raw and he's done with the Wyatts too. Good times for all.

Exactly! Like I said, it books itself so it would be stupid to leave him out.

UberTag

They seem to be doing fine, as everyone is throwing a fit about Daniel Bryan not being in the Rumble match.

I hope they take it even farther by having the Wyatt Family completely destroy him in their match before the Rumble, showing him completely destroyed being carted off in an ambulance as Brie is left behind horribly fake crying her way through the segment.

Then after Harper and Rowan have entered the Rumble and clear house, they can have Daniel Bryan's music hit and get that huge pop there and after he wins.
How about instead of that illogical bit of nonsense they play D.Brine's music at 30, the crowd in the Consol Energy Center goes apoplectic and out trots Bray Wyatt mocking D.Brine's chant as he arrogantly marches to the ring.

And D.Brine is never seen for the rest of the night because he's been hospitalized.

NOTHING "books itself" in the WWE. They've left countless "these angles book themselves" opportunities to rot. This will just be another one.

Kaladin

Exactly! Like I said, it books itself so it would be stupid to leave him out.

It's too easy....WWE never does things the easy way.

Aiii

So not worth it
How about instead of that illogical bit of nonsense they play D.Brine's music at 30, the crowd in the Consol Energy Center goes apoplectic and out trots Bray Wyatt mocking D.Brine's chant as he arrogantly marches to the ring.

And D.Brine is never seen for the rest of the night because he's been hospitalized.

NOTHING "books itself" in the WWE. They've left countless "these angles book themselves" opportunities to rot. This will just be another one.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Hasney

It's too easy....WWE never does things the easy way.

Then Russo & Bischoff come out and says he's returned, re-formed the New Blood and said Daniel Bryan is one of those targets for holding the newer guys down by getting too over and SWERVE, Bryan joins them at Elimination Chamber only to DOUBLE SWERVE inside a hell in a cell match on Raw, then lies down for Cena and Orton in a triple threat main event at Wrestlemania complaining that no matter what he does, he can't win to TRIPLE SWERVE and rejoin the New Blood.

UberTag

Face Batista vs. Orton and Triple H vs. Punk seems like the most boring of all possibilities.
All the more reason for this to be the eventual outcome.
Why in the world are people thinking Orton won't retain? Seems far more likely that Cena will lose.
He's more focused on his new fashion line than avenging his father or winning a title he's had 14 times before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan will be in the Rumble just for the pop alone, will probably eliminate some fools too. Look for it to come late, to maximize the pop. Maybe even #30.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Here's the latest update i have on the rumble lottery

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
Darkbanjo
OfficerRob
Jeff Albertson
Darth Sonik
Giard
Ghostmind
Chico Terry
Laserfrog
sf2fanatic
TL21xx
Penguin
Linkified

I'd like to be entered please!

So is Bryan in or out of the Rumble?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And he's winning too, Sunny.

BET THE FARM

Not going that far - Bryan isn't a draw for Mania. Post-Mania he may get back in the chase but I don't see him going for the title.

Elimination Chamber, for all its predictability, should be a great showcase for Bryan.

kiguel182

Not going that far - Bryan isn't a draw for Mania. Post-Mania he may get back in the chase but I don't see him going for the title.

Elimination Chamber, for all its predictability, should be a great showcase for Bryan.

It's sad that the most over man in the company isn't enough to headline Mania.

BHZ Mayor

What's with the trend lately of finishers just being strikes? Knockout Punch, Brogue Kick, Black Out, GTS sort of, Trouble in Paradise, Bull Hammer. I know we had Sweet Chin Music back in the day, and we had various elbow/leg drops, but even those were done on an already downed opponent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's sad that the most over man in the company isn't enough to headline Mania.

He just doesn't have the best booking. It's evident since WWE had to pull the plug on the Wyatt story. It's weird. They may end up hitting a perfect storm, but they've cheapened his character a lot this past six months.

What's with the trend lately of finishers just being strikes? Knockout Punch, Brogue Kick, Black Out, GTS sort of, Trouble in Paradise, Bull Hammer. I know we had Sweet Chin Music back in the day, and various elbow/leg drops, but even those were done on an already downed opponent.

I'm alright with it. Cena never taps out to a submission, so I like knowing someone has a chance. I'm still waiting for the return of the Heart Punch.

IGF - JOSH BARNETT vs JEROME LE BANNER - 2011

iPatsWpazInXH.gif

Josh needs no presentations. JLB is a 6'3, 265lb K-1/GLORY kickboxer, vicious fighting style, brutal KO power, one mean motherfucker. what makes it all more impressive is that he's French!!

iqLLAnilhqMpq.gif

good mid-kick back and forth. JLB has to go a bit softer on the kicks since, unlike Josh, he's not wearing shinpads.

iSxJUeTo5hktk.gif

Josh with a Rolling Thunder. good agility from the big man.

i2adC2yB0xfwi.gif

Josh with a great kimura lock roll.

iRZ2zg1aWv9d.gif

HUGE delayed takedown from Josh, visible advantage in grappling.

ibjfHuISBRJTZG.gif

and another throw, this time a perfectly executed belly-to-belly suplex.

ibgNeeCXiox9am.gif

a bit of momentum for JLB has he boxes Josh which comes to a halt as the Warmaster counters with a big Death Valley Driver. see, a kickboxer with virtually zero wrestling training takes a DVD no problem. bring them back, HHH.

i6c8FDKXA7VVw.gif

JLB finally gets a knockdown after he counter a suplex attempt with 2 vicious left hands.

iPQwydpumWK7W.gif

Josh stands up but gets immediately tagged with more JLB hands. the heavy punches send the American down for the finish. Josh's selling here is funny as hell.

iCFQ9nG2Y27pv.gif

the show ends with Inoki having a seizure.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium/

Bryan versus Taker would probably be a good match and a safe one for undertaker and his hip made of popsicle sticks but I havent a clue how they create a decent build for it

Kaladin

Can i join the rumble list please? Its for the avatar deal right?

The Avatar Rumble is closed, the Rumble List going now is the Gaf Rumble. You'll be given a number (which you'll likely share with a few other folks) and if that Superstar wins, you win.

Vee_One

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
Darkbanjo
OfficerRob
Jeff Albertson
Darth Sonik
Giard
Ghostmind
Chico Terry
Laserfrog
sf2fanatic
TL21xx
Penguin
Linkified

I'd like to be added if possible :)

He just doesn't have the best booking. It's evident since WWE had to pull the plug on the Wyatt story. It's weird. They may end up hitting a perfect storm, but they've cheapened his character a lot this past six months.

I'm alright with it. Cena never taps out to a submission, so I like knowing someone has a chance. I'm still waiting for the return of the Heart Punch.

I'd love to see Ziggler sell it.

Mengetsu

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
Darkbanjo
OfficerRob
Jeff Albertson
Darth Sonik
Giard
Ghostmind
Chico Terry
Laserfrog
sf2fanatic
TL21xx
Penguin
Linkified

I'd like to be added as well if possible :)

beanman25

Rumble Lottery
Pristine_Condition
TheWarrior
Serpentine
Slightconfuse
Funkystudent
Jmdajr
Anth0ny
Aiii
BronsonLee
Mr. Sandman
Xater
Bootaaay
Reneledarker
Shadowlink
Dr Duncan Steel
Serenewarfare
Jamie OD
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
bean breath
Verendus
Mr. Luchador
Gurudyne
Sunny McMahon
Pavaloo
PartTimeWarrior
BillRiccio
DMczaf
Cagey
Somedevil
kiguel182
snaku
BronsonLee
Bowser
Ubertag
DiscoJon
cr_blah_blah
lessthananth725
Killing_Joke
Ultratech
Mechashiva
mrboo001
Speedy Blue Dude
jred2k
WhoaIsThatMars
Plywood
Mr. Nobody
Matthew Gallant
Simples
Ithil
Professor Beef
NameGenerated
RBH
QueenOfThorns
Shark Johnson
Net_Wrecker
A Pretty Panda
Toki767
Darkbanjo
OfficerRob
Jeff Albertson
Darth Sonik
Giard
Ghostmind
Chico Terry
Laserfrog
sf2fanatic
TL21xx
Penguin
Linkified

I want in please!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Announcement:

Legitshook.com announces a new contributor. Legitshook.com has entered into an agreement with "beanman25" who is a popular youtube personality and will bring his subscribers that number over 2500, to legitshook.com to read and enjoy legitshook.com's potpourri of wrestling reviews and gifs.

Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada vs Stan Hansen & Taiyo Kea - (AJPW 07/23/00)

OK, so this match is ridiculously fun. Stan's knees are totalled at this point, but he's still more than capable of putting an ass-whooping on Kawada & Tenryu just like he used to a decade previously. Meanwhile, Taiyo Kea is out to prove that he can hang with his legendary opponents, going strike for strike with both Tenryu & Kawada, as inadvisable as that proves to be. The crowd are pretty hyped throughout, going nuts whenever Kea manages to fight from under the onslaught, or when the hate between Hansen & Tenryu boils over. Also, the finish features possibly the most perfect powerbomb you'll ever see.

Hasney

I should probably Czech how many subscribers my YouTube channel of random WCW clips from when I watched every Nitro ever now has.

*drumroll*

44 without even trying or being updated in 2.5 years and has less than 40 videos. Good times.

Congratulations on the legitshook acquisition though. Building new stars as well as acquiring existing ones, clearly.

Announcement:

Legitshook.com announces a new contributor. Legitshook.com has entered into an agreement with "beanman25" who is a popular youtube personality and will bring his subscribers that number over 2500, to legitshook.com to read and enjoy legitshook.com's potpourri of wrestling reviews and gifs.

BEAN?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada vs Stan Hansen & Taiyo Kea - (AJPW 07/23/00)

OK, so this match is ridiculously fun. Stan's knees are totalled at this point, but he's still more than capable of putting an ass-whooping on Kawada & Tenryu just like he used to a decade previously. Meanwhile, Taiyo Kea is out to prove that he can hang with his legendary opponents, going strike for strike with both Tenryu & Kawada, as inadvisable as that proves to be. The crowd are pretty hyped throughout, going nuts whenever Kea manages to fight from under the onslaught, or when the hate between Hansen & Tenryu boils over. Also, the finish features possibly the most perfect powerbomb you'll ever see.

Is this a repost? I still haven't watched that UWF show yet. :/

beanman25

Announcement:

I'll post the poll here when it's ready. But I'll be commentating over fantasy match-ups that are voted on though FPR and other wrestling titles. The commentary will be split with some talk about current shows and then calling the actual match.

Need a title for it badly though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll post the poll here when it's ready. But I'll be commentating over fantasy match-ups that are voted on though FPR and other wrestling titles. The commentary will be split with some talk about current shows and then calling the actual match.

beanman's tortilla poll. instead of straw it's a...tor...tilla...okay,.

Fantasy Fartcast

somedevil

These comments about Orton supposedly doomed Ziggler's push:

"I've made it clear; I'm not patient at all - several times. I've been very vocal about my position on the card and in the company. I'm not trying to say 'Hey, everybody sucks and I'm great!' But I love doing this, and at some point you go 'OK, It's not my time right now and I got to figure something out' And when it's time, that's when I must go out there and make as huge of an impact as I can and let everyone know 'I dare you to follow that, I dare you try something better.' And when they don't (counter or match what I'm doing in the ring) I'm very outspoken about it and it can get me into very hot water (with the company). Then you never know where we're going. Everybody can be just so outspoken about taller guys, and guys like Randy Orton being the face of the WWE, the WWE Championship. I dare you to put me in a back alley with Randy Orton or someone like that. I guarantee I'm not afraid of someone taller."

Top Bottom