• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
I wish I could find which show Steiner did the clotheslines.gif so I could redo it with Gifcam. But I can't find it because Tumblr has terrible search features. I feel like it was a November/December Thunder.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
scott-steiner.jpg

scott-steiner.jpg

I've always found it weird that these two are the same person.

Not when you hear him talk

I'm watching IWA East Coast 'Masters of Pain' 2008 and I don't know why. Mad Man Pondo's in it. The first spot involves him putting a fish hook through Thumbtack Jack's forehead;

http://i.minus.com/ibpWYdlu7qvJNS.gif

Jack then dumps him through the fish-tackle ropes and Pondo gets a bunch of fish-hooks stuck in his arm;

i27meYObavcdX.gif

Post-match, Thumbtack Jack curses whatever sadistic motherfucker invented the 'Davey Jones Locker Deathmatch', while Pondo laments his inability to get through the first round of a tournament he booked himself.

Next, Necro Butcher The Sad Deathmatch Clown vs something called 'Juggulator'. I think, judging from his entrance theme, that he's a juggalo, thus adding another facet to his clearly inspired ring name.

What happens if the winning wrestler has had multiple gimmicks, names, looks, etc., to the extent that they don't even appear to be the same person? When it comes to choosing our avatar will there be any leeway here?

Personally, I think we should use the most current form for active wrestlers and/or whichever version is in the Avatar Rumble. I think it'd be best for all 40 or more of us to have visually similar avatars as a show of force and solidarity. Each avatar should appear to be related and recognizable as the same person.

UberTag

What happens if the winning wrestler has had multiple gimmicks, names, looks, etc., to the extent that they don't even appear to be the same person? When it comes to choosing our avatar will there be any leeway here?

Personally, I think we should use the most current form for active wrestlers and/or whichever version is in the Avatar Rumble. I think it'd be best for all 40 or more of us to have visually similar avatars as a show of force and solidarity. Each avatar should appear to be related and recognizable as the same person.
I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to exhibit creative flexibility with their avatars. Especially if a performer has gone through a wide array of gimmicks. I specifically backed a guy for the Rumble that has had countless different looks over the years.

Necro Butcher trips over a bucket at ringside. "This fuckin' bucket..." he says, before going at it with a chair;

ibn4PFATgF6vt9.gif

Also, Juggulator's done nothing but get beat up so far and already I can see he's a good contender for worst wrestler ever.

*edit, WOW, this idiot's letting Necro carve up his forehead with a box cutter.

Verendus

Banned
I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to exhibit creative flexibility with their avatars. Especially if a performer has gone through a wide array of gimmicks. I specifically backed a guy for the Rumble that has had countless different looks over the years.
So you backed Big Show?

Well if he wins, I'll change to Hulkamania Show from 2000.

Toki767

I hope Show doesn't win again. If only because if he wins you know he'll end up getting another big push in 2014 that no one cares about.

UberTag

I'd like to see some guy who enters in the middle of the match go the distance.
Would hate for it to be some guy who lucks into a #39 or #40 slot and wins with no effort like Del Rio.

strobogo

Banned
Those damn LJN figures were SHIT

Them and the goddamn games they made
S my D LJN

I had a few of the WCW versions. Hogan and Vader were throwing up the double biceps, so my cousin and I would stand them in the middle of the jumbo WWF ring and toss various BCA figures and see if Vader/Hogan could catch them. Which they often did. Those things were balanced quite well.

For example, let's say Kane wins. If you want to use a pic of Kane taken within the span of '97-'14 (Kane? in 2014?), mask or no mask, I think that's fine. As long as there's plenty of red, and a big dude in black and red tights, it should be recognizable to Joe Sixpack and that guy with the Chris Isaac avatar as "WWE Superstar Kane".

However, if you get these smart mark doofuses (Bootaaay and Dragonzord, I'm looking at you) that start having Dr. Isaac Yankem, Fake Diesel, Libertarian Kane, and Glen Jacobs pics from his wife's Myspace page circa 2006 as avatars, then there's no cohesion. It'd just be a small faction of Kane avatars and another of a large, conservative white man. It's just people wanting to shit on the winner and goes against the spirit of the event. It's akin to not wanting to participate because your guy didn't win.

G-Fex

Never heard of him. Gaming side seems worse than sitting through WCW 1999-2001.

he's some twat that used tbe on that god awful channel G4. Now he thinks he's important to gaming journalism (lol)

None the less gaming side is painful to sift through. Can't make a top 10 list without people whining about no last of us crap.

I think I'd rather watch the much complaining in my robocop thread

I had a few of the WCW versions. Hogan and Vader were throwing up the double biceps, so my cousin and I would stand them in the middle of the jumbo WWF ring and toss various BCA figures and see if Vader/Hogan could catch them. Which they often did. Those things were balanced quite well.

I bought action figures, not figure catchers dammit! :p

That's some impressive shit though. Gawddamn.

Also SESS IT UP

And SANTINO KAY O

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The Cleveland Cavs are playing the Chicago Bulls tonight and it's WWE Night!. I assume there's a match tonight for the halftime show

G-Fex

don't the fans get pissed about that?

I imagine in the TNA PPV's I watched that the audience was very pissed cause everytime they did outside spots they kept SHOVING the goddamn guardrails into the audience.

strobogo

Banned
he's some twat that used tbe on that god awful channel G4. Now he thinks he's important to gaming journalism (lol)

None the less gaming side is painful to sift through. Can't make a top 10 list without people whining about no last of us crap.

I think I'd rather watch the much complaining in my robocop thread

Never saw a single second of G4. The only personality I know from the network is Kevin Pereira and that's because of Deathsquad.

I bought action figures, not figure catchers dammit! :p

That's some impressive shit though. Gawddamn.

Also SESS IT UP

And SANTINO KAY O

BCA Owen was my favorite because his legs were extra loose for some reason, so it made his wheel kick and piledriver work excellently.

don't the fans get pissed about that?

I imagine in the TNA PPV's I watched that the audience was very pissed cause everytime they did outside spots they kept SHOVING the goddamn guardrails into the audience.

Guardrails are the bane of every indy wrestling show.

If you're sitting front row, you're gonna get some guardrail to the knees.

And if they're bad/sharp guardrails (like the one at WrestleCon), it can extremely hurt talent

BCA Owen was my favorite because his legs were extra loose for some reason, so it made his wheel kick and piledriver work excellently.

THE KING OF HARTS

G-Fex

you're a lucky man G4 was trash

Guardrails are the bane of every indy wrestling show.

If you're sitting front row, you're gonna get some guardrail to the knees.

And if they're bad/sharp guardrails (like the one at WrestleCon), it can extremely hurt talent

ouch

UberTag

off topic but I hate Adam Sessler.

He's one of the worst thing gaming side loves
Gaming side doesn't love Sessler any more. He turned heel and sided with the evil Arthur Gies / Ben Kuchera Polygon faction.
Now we think he's a tool so enamored with his rich vocabulary that he has to trot out the word verisimilitude in each of his big AAA title reviews.

In other words, he's become Matt Striker.

Bootaay I will probably never understand what you get out of this stuff.

Trashy wrestling can be fun, in a so bad it's good sort of way...most of the time it's just bad though. As for the deathmatch stuff, I liken it to Jackass and youtube videos of idiots doing idiotic things.

G-Fex

Gaming side doesn't love Sessler any more. He turned heel and sided with the evil Arthur Gies / Ben Kuchera Polygon faction.
Now we think he's a tool so enamored with his rich vocabulary that he has to trot out the word verisimilitude in each of his big AAA title reviews.

In other words, he's become Matt Striker.

ha, I always thought he was a tool. Then again I thought everyone on that channel was

strobogo

Banned
you're a lucky man G4 was trash

I don't get enjoyment out of watching people talk about or play games. I want to play the games myself. I'm watching the MGS stream and I hate when the dude starts talking. I don't need the Arnold doing a director commentary shit. "Shoot this guy in the head and bump into him. Then roll over here. There's a frog. Shoot it. Roll over there. Now I'm walking." I can see all that. You don't need to tell me what I'm seeing.

Xater

Trashy wrestling can be fun, in a so bad it's good sort of way...most of the time it's just bad though. As for the deathmatch stuff, I liken it to Jackass and youtube videos of idiots doing idiotic things.

The bad wrestling I get, I just question the death match stuff.

strobogo

Banned
If Lou Thesz was a Metal Gear game, which game would he be?

If Lou Thesz was a Russian king/president/tzar, who would he be?

If Lou Thesz was a browser, which would he be?

Top Bottom