• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

TL21xx

Banned
Twin Snakes... The one MGS game I don't have... One day, I suppose. I've been so close to getting it for a good price multiple times over the past few years but always chickened out. If I had known that it'd get this expensive, I'd have gotten it when I saw it for $20 four years ago.

So the trend I've noticed is that a good chunk of WrassleGAF loves MGS and Nintendo products. Very anti-gaming side in here. Fascinating. No wonder I love it here!

looks better, plays better, skips the backtracking in the metal gear hangar. Has more logical/less racist voice acting (that they continued for the rest of the series with the characters that returned) and besides switching the great boss battle theme with shittier individual boss themes it has a better audio mix and track selection.

- Looks better? Whatever, I still like the dirty pixelated MGS1 artstyle, but I'll give you this.
- Plays better? Meh, plays newer, but most of the MGS2 mechanics are superfluous anyway. If we're being honest, 1, 2, and 3 all feel old no matter what version you're playing.
- Skips backtracking. Meh, MGS1 was a classic with backtracking. Removing it doesn't really make a difference.
- Better voice voice acting? MGS1 Snake is the best David Hayter performance. That outranks stereotypical accents.
- Better audio mix? In terms of sound effects, sure
- Better track selection? Last time I saw an MGS1 vs. TTS comparison, MGS1 sounded way moodier. I much preferred that soundtrack.

In the end, I just don't see a good reason to recommend Twin Snakes over the original. Solid Snake becoming a superhero in certain cutscenes is the icing on the "WHY" cake. Notice I never said it's a bad game, just that there's no reason for its existence.

The Twin Snakes for or against arguments are just getting fucking tired at this point. Just play whichever you prefer. It's been almost 10 years since it came out.

I have twin snakes too! I like that every now and then wrasslegaf turns to twin snakes discussion.

And I always take part in it as if I'm still some huge fan with a dog in the fight. SMH @ me.

The way they've completely nuked the storylines to hell and back has totally taken me out of the plot. I'm still gonna buy Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain because I still enjoy the artistry Kojima brings to the presentation that no other game matches, but I'm SO over the narrative at this point. I honestly wish he'd make something different. I'm dying for a new take on Snatcher, for example.

yo in NXT the buildup to Cesaro walking up to the ramp, grabbing the mic, and saying a perfect deadpan "No." was priceless. So was him no-selling CJP's airplane spin, because fuck CJP. I know turning him heel is a good idea for someone if everyone already hates him, but fuck, a Miz/CJ Parker feud sounds incredibly shitty because fuck both of those people.

this week had an actual perfectly fine Alexander Rusev/Xavier Woods match, but it should've gone longer. not a good week for Xavier Woods!

we need more Enzo/Cass/English segments though because they're fuckin gold every time

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What the hell are you people talking about
tumblr_mxwf2o7xAu1r89qoso4_250.gif

Pavaloo

It's the best Metal Gear game since MGS3 so good job.

It's nothing like mainline MGS titles though.

Yeah I figured as much, which is why I jumped right in! I was always turned off by stealth when I was younger so I strayed away from the franchise. Definitely giving it a second look now.

Punk's reign was terrible. Cena never had a good run in his life. Daniel Bryan didn't actually have a run. Triple H's current run is questionable. Miz wins by default really, unless I forgot someone.

Punk's reign was terrible. Cena never had a good run in his life. Daniel Bryan didn't actually have a run. Triple H's current run is questionable. Miz wins by default really, unless I forgot someone.

Well as far as Punk goes, when he wasn't defending against Cena for the hundredth time, he actually had decent/good feuds and matches against Daniel Bryan and Christ Jericho.

Beef, TTS is being sold for $50 NEW on the Amazon market place right now. Sounds like a good deal to me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A09EN/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Damn, I might get that. It'll have to wait, since I'm saving up money to get my mom a new TV. She's had a CRT for such a long time, so I'm burying it and giving the push to a new smart TV.
Here's something for you Beef

LOL Prof Beef
I HATE YOU BATISTA G-FEX
Emulation? Or is there problems with it?
I don't have a powerful enough computer to run Dolphin.
What does Twin Snakes even do but screw up the cutscenes, music, and voice acting?

What is wrong with you people?
Twin Snakes is like the beta of Revengeance, dawg. How could you be the most correct person in the world in liking Revengeance and then go in the opposite direction and hate on Twin Snakes? Wipe yourself off, ***_*******. YOU BLEEDIN'.

Twin Snakes is like the beta of Revengeance, dawg. How could you be the most correct person in the world in liking Revengeance and then go in the opposite direction and hate on Twin Snakes? Wipe yourself off, ***_*******. YOU BLEEDIN'.

I don't hate on Twin Snakes as a game, just the music changes and Solid Snake's stupid cutscene Matrix antics. Snake's just a dude, he shouldn't be flippity flopping all over the place doing all this crazy stuff. YES IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE, HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE MORE GROUNDED THAN ERRBODY ELSE. As a game though, mechanically, it's whatever.

Wipe yourself off, Professor Beef. You DEAD.

Let's just switch our focus to yelling obscenities in KojiPro's general direction for charging $30 for the appetizer to MGS5.

Vylash

Hulk Hogan was recently examined by WWE doctors, and the company has made the decision not to book him in a match at WrestleMania, and furthermore, not to book Hogan to get physical in anyway at the PPV.

Instead, WWE will go ahead with the plan of Hogan making some type of non-wrestling appearance, although it has yet to be determined what Hogan will do.

Oh thank goodness

DMczaf

As noted for months, those in WWE have believed that Sting was going to be coming in when this TNA contract finished, but only Sting really knows where his head is at.

The company has believed for months that Sting was coming in this year and it’s been talked about of late even more like it’s going to happen. Sting first had to work out his TNA contract before they can officially negotiate a deal.

Top Bottom