• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

jmdajr

So listening to Jericho interview Edge and they bring up Summerslam, Team WWE vs NEXUS. They talked about trying to convince Cena not to go through with his ending spot, the famous DDT on concrete. Obviously to no avail, he did it anyway.

Later on Cena told them (Edge/Jericho) that they were right, it sucked.

jmdajr

You guys realise that overrated means "by the company" right.

Daniel Bryan is underrated... by WWE.

Eva Marie is overrated... by WWE.

See.

Well she has no business being on TV so sure, in that respect. At least they have something for Batista to play with.

Batista__s_Funny_Face_by_TwistedWWE.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE has Dusty Rhodes under contract and refuses to use him as a color man. Can you imagine how much more fun Raw would get with Dusty saying crazy shit?

He doesn't have a look that's fit for HD.

WWE has Dusty Rhodes under contract and refuses to use him as a color man. Can you imagine how much more fun Raw would get with Dusty saying crazy shit?

Dusty doesn't want to travel anymore. A few years ago, he took himself off the booking team because he said it was time to stop travelling for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dusty's forehead keeps him off TV. King at least looks like an oiled baby man.

Laserfrog

Saw Dusty Rhodes presenting some WWE thing on Netflix, he wasn't even bothering to present to the camera, it was brilliant.

I bet he didn't even know a camera was there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope it's possible to do a 1986 rewatch. Should be far less footage out there than say a 2000 rewatch, less content being produced. That SNME show yesterday has me hungry for more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure, I've got videos to sort out first!

"Remember the first time you were legit shook (dot com)? I remember the first time I was legit shook (dot com). I was a wee one, running in the kitchen with me mum's carving knife as she was looking to finish serving mutton to the rest of the gentlemen and ladies at our social dinner party. I in my fancy dress, her in her motherly outfits. I remember being legit shook dot com."

Xater

You guys realise that overrated means "by the company" right.

Daniel Bryan is underrated... by WWE.

Eva Marie is overrated... by WWE.

See.

You could also just replace those with overpushed or underpushed. At least that's what they said on Observer Radio.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to also announce that as my role in WrassleGAF has branched out into promotion for a lot of things, while we will have our awards this year, later on of course, I will be coordinating with other communities to do a complete package NeoGAF Community Awards in the interests of uniting people, bringing together more interplay between communities, and helping establish identities. I think there's a lot we can do to spearhead some real unity while still remaining distinct and happy in our chosen communities.

strobogo

Banned
I really hope it's possible to do a 1986 rewatch. Should be far less footage out there than say a 2000 rewatch, less content being produced. That SNME show yesterday has me hungry for more.

The only problem with 80s stuff is how footage was constantly reused on multiple shows. There actually was a lot of content put out then as well, but a lot of it was used on all shows. A match taped for Superstars would get shown on Superstars, All Star/All American, Prime Time, Wrestling Challenge, Wrestling Spotlight. Same things with big promo segments. Lot of repeating footage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only problem with 80s stuff is how footage was constantly reused on multiple shows. There actually was a lot of content put out then as well, but a lot of it was used on all shows. A match taped for Superstars would get shown on Superstars, All Star/All American, Prime Time, Wrestling Challenge, Wrestling Spotlight. Same things with big promo segments. Lot of repeating footage.

Yeah. There were lots of aggregate shows that are still worth watching for promo work, backstage segments, vignettes, Gorilla and Bobby - but surrounded by matches you may have even seen a month or more ago.

I could listen to a 1988 Mean Gene do PPV rundowns and promotion forever. That's my comfort. "Kids, get your parents permission before ordering the WWF's Survivor Series! This year! Never before seen in the ring together - the Macho King and Typhoon" etc etc.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah. There were lots of aggregate shows that are still worth watching for promo work, backstage segments, vignettes, Gorilla and Bobby - but surrounded by matches you may have even seen a month or more ago.

I could listen to a 1988 Mean Gene do PPV rundowns and promotion forever. That's my comfort. "Kids, get your parents permission before ordering the WWF's Survivor Series! This year! Never before seen in the ring together - the Macho King and Typhoon" etc etc.

That whole era is like a warm blanket on a bitterly cold day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That whole era is like a warm blanket on a bitterly cold day.

I'd love to camp out in the Control Room for a week. All those monitors. Even with Lord Alfred Hayes stammering through his lines. I like Alfred but I make no bones about it, he wasn't very good. But I enjoyed him.

jmdajr

I'd like to also announce that as my role in WrassleGAF has branched out into promotion for a lot of things, while we will have our awards this year, later on of course, I will be coordinating with other communities to do a complete package NeoGAF Community Awards in the interests of uniting people, bringing together more interplay between communities, and helping establish identities. I think there's a lot we can do to spearhead some real unity while still remaining distinct and happy in our chosen communities.

cool

strobogo

Banned
There were only 2 things I could possibly want out of ROH/NJPW.

1. Shibata kicking Davey Richards really hard in the face, which now can't happen.

2. Nak stealing Maria with his swag.

If New Japan were going to send a few guys over to ROH for a show or two, I'd like to see;

. Tanahashi defend the Intercontinental title. Roderick Strong would be a good shout.
. Adam Cole vs Karl Anderson for the ROH title.
. Some sort of heavyweight tag match. Elgin & Steen vs Complete Players, for instance.

Dragonzord said:
Why would NJPW lower itself to ROH? That'd be like WWE vs TNA

You mean like they did with Anderson, KUSHIDA & the Hooligans working ROH in the past year?

Also, New Japan's president talked about increasing their international business and even doing shows in the US this year - in what way would having TV promotion for that be a bad thing for them? They want nothing to do with TNA and WWE won't acknowledge anything outside of their Universe. That leaves ROH.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do we really want to mingle with K-Pop GAF? Do we really Sunny Mac?

Did you think this through fully?

Yep. It's not really mingling - just need someone to bring everyone together for a huge year-end blowout that makes everyone happy and represented.

Legitshook.com was just the beginning.

strobogo said:
Roderick would look ridiculous standing next to Tanahashi. Dude is tiny. Kind of like Homicide vs Kojima.

Tanahashi's not that large either, only 5'11 going by his billed height. Roderick can't be that much shorter.

bjork

Yep. It's not really mingling - just need someone to bring everyone together for a huge year-end blowout that makes everyone happy and represented.

Legitshook.com was just the beginning.

bold is where it will go off the rails. Picking favorite games is one thing, applying it to individuals or communities here is asking for trouble, if it's even allowed to get off the ground.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
bold is where it will go off the rails. Picking favorite games is one thing, applying it to individuals or communities here is asking for trouble, if it's even allowed to get off the ground.

It could result in insane drama, but I really feel the communities that do year-end awards would do real well to unify an announcement date and have basically a NeoGAF Community Awards that'd be announced and 'televised'

It may be beyond my reach, but I'd like to try.

To clarify: I don't mean we vote on best manga of 2014, etc. I just want there to be a gathering of folks to enjoy the picks and learn about each other.

Not just about height, though. Tanahashi is fairly jacked.

I'm failing to see the problem here - yeah, Strong's not as jacked, but neither is Anderson and he looked fine next to Tanahashi. Strong wrestled Anderson and didn't look ridiculously smaller, so I don't think he would if he wrestled Tanahashi either.

It's either than or they put him up against Elgin, but I'd rather see something like Michael Elgin vs Tomohiro Ishii or Togi Makabe, to be honest.

Top Bottom