• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Pizoxuat

1526215_350271921777205_1671511965_n.png

Daniel Wyatt

That man has no torso.

Ripclawe

Banned
The promotion is currently owned by Japanese card game company Bushiroad. Antonio Inoki is no longer affiliated with NJPW.

I was kinda wondering about New Japan because for years it seemed in stagnation and now is getting bigger than before. What else are they doing differently?

Edgeward

So does WWE have any plans for the Rhodes bros at all? Get them in some story instead of shit like Brodus turning heel with Xavier being a jerk interfering in matches on Raw

I was kinda wondering about New Japan because for years it seemed in stagnation and now is getting bigger than before. What else are they doing differently?

Ippv's to gain internatial exposure
Pushing a guy like Okada to the moon/
Putting on quality shows month in month out

G-Fex

congrats Bryan you're one michael myers mask away from being completely awful.

Bryan the mechanic man vs. CM the short order cook Punk

DiscoJon

Banned
Alright guys, I'm about to watch Wrestle Kingdom 8. I have little to no knowledge about Japanese Wrestling and its stars.

So here we go! See you in a couple hours!

GolazoDan

I enjoy fun in wrestling. I don't enjoy watching student shows where guys aren't actually taught how to wrestle, which is why the vast majority of Quack trained guys aren't able to go anywhere else. I don't understand how it got such a following online when the shows were super, ultra basic wrestling you'd see at a local indie, but with masks. I don't hate comedy wrestling at all. I just think Quack did a real disservice to the people he trained by only teaching them that style and having them work the same people over and over instead of having them work people with other styles and experience levels.
Lots of the lower end Quack guys quietly retired because either they had more lucrative opportunities outside the business or weren't realistically going to do anything regardless of what style they worked. DJ Skittlez was not going to carry the indies on his back if he learned to do more than some arm drags (and he wasn't very good at them). Some CHIKARA students have gone on to do rather well for themselves, whether that's immediately apparent or not. And to say they "aren't actually taught how to wrestle" is kinda insulting considering (a) they actually are, and (b) many were wrestling at a certain level before coming to CHIKARA anyway.

It got such a following online because, until about 2008 (whenever that Vin Gerard vs. Fire Ant match for the YLC was), the booking was pretty interesting and the wrestling was pretty varied and different to any of the other indies, not just "ultra basic wrestling you'd see at a local indie". It might have been basic on the earlier student shows, some 2005 stuff from the Reading venue, but that's what those shows were for. It was a nice contrast at the time to somewhere like ROH which promised a lot but was ultimately kinda disappointing. Age of the Fall, my god.

I am kinda bummed that nobody's ever picked up on Hallowicked though. He had ROH matches that were very good but never got brought in regularly. Should've tagged him with Delirious when they were a team in CHIKARA.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I can't even tell if you guys are joking about the Daniel Bryan/burial stuff any more.

KissVibes

Banned
They would not possibly be stupid enough to rename him Daniel Wyatt.

He's the most cheered Superstar in WWE (as of last RAW) and they paired him with a gimmick that'll be dead six months from now. They'll totally rename him as Daniel Wyatt.

OR WORSE. They'll name him Bryan Wyatt and reveal his real first name is Bryan.

G-Fex

Will it be like Resident Evil 5 where John Cena has to work with CM Punk to grab that red thing off Daniel's chest?

I dunno seeing all you people saying Daniel Bryan's dead and buried and seeing those along the comments makes me feel so.....defeated. Like I should have zero hope for this company or else you'll only have yourself to blame.

Ehh it's just wrasslin.

He's the most cheered Superstar in WWE (as of last RAW) and they paired him with a gimmick that'll be dead six months from now. They'll totally rename him as Daniel Wyatt.

He may have gotten the most cheers, but I guarantee you John Cena sold the most at the merchandise table that night.

G-Fex

daniel bryan is buried

megaman is dead

half-life 3 is never going to happen

simpsons never going to get better

the cubs or browns are never going to the championship games.

the last two parts is pretty true though.

the definition of the word "burial" is all over the place. if Bryan is buried, then what the fuck is Zack Ryder? or Ziggler?

Bryan got something called "demotion", from main-event singles to upper mid-card heel stable. that's it.

G-Fex

Zack Ryder dyed in 2012.

his hair that is.

watching star trek at the moment brings up questions, will bringing back daniel bryan from the wyatts be as hard as bringing back picard from the borg?

Because he's the face of the WWE and has been for YEARS.

And the WWE is among the most successful it's ever been. Thus, they should continue treating Cena as the Hogan/Austin/Bruno level draw he is until he gets older and/or starts to get fully turned on by even the kids in the audience (like what happened to Hogan) and Bryan and Punk should be treated as they should - major supporting stars.

Don't worry, they'll do good work putting over Roman Reigns, Big E. Langston, and Mojo Rowley.

bjork

Was in a target the other day, and the only WWE toy on clearance was a Yoshi Tatsu/Zack Ryder 2-pack.

Does this reach of this burial know no bounds etc

DiscoJon

Banned
I've been watching Japanese wrestling for 3 hours now... my brain hurts.

Bad Luck Fail ****ing sucks and this whole "Bullet Club" group is the most overhyped stable I've seen in forever.

Bullet Club are awesome, you're just clearly not reeeeeeeeal enough to appreciate that :p

The NWA crowned a new NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Champions last night - nice to see them pushing some young stars of the future;

73YkXj5.jpg

Yes, that's Ricky Morton.

DiscoJon

Banned
Bullet Club are awesome, you're just clearly not reeeeeeeeal enough to appreciate that :p

Yeah, I was waiting for you to show up and say something like that. Bullet Club (so far) is no better than the last iteration of the NWO in WCW. Now, I'm not at the Prince Devitt match yet, so maybe he can sway me.

This Goto/Shibata match, however, is FUCKING AWESOME.

ghostmind

The NWA crowned a new NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Champions last night - nice to see them pushing some young stars of the future;

73YkXj5.jpg

Yes, that's Ricky Morton.

oh geez...

So TenKoji gets the NWA tag belts tonight? It would make sense, if they are going to start touring it (and the Heavyweight Title) around.

(Sorry, I asked this in the WK8 thread too)

Yeah, I was waiting for you to show up and say something like that. Bullet Club (so far) is no better than the last iteration of the NWO in WCW. Now, I'm not at the Prince Devitt match yet, so maybe he can sway me.

I think Bullet Club stand out because you don't get many factions like them in Japan - sure, there's heel stables like CHAOS & Suzuki-gun, but Bullet Club are the most reviled because of how much interference they introduce into matches. That's seen as a very western wrestling sort of thing, which fits with the fact that Bullet Club are all gaijin wrestlers. Truth be told, I am getting a little tired of the constant interference and didn't enjoy the KES vs Bullet Club match as much as I was hoping to, but Devitt remains awesome and, I'm guessing you won't agree with me here, but so are The Young Bucks.

DiscoJon said:
This Goto/Shibata match, however, is FUCKING AWESOME.

Yeah, it's pretty insane. That's definitely where business started to pick up on the card - every match after Goto/Shibata is great.

DiscoJon

Banned
I think Bullet Club stand out because you don't get many factions like them in Japan - sure, there's heel stables like CHAOS & Suzuki-gun, but Bullet Club are the most reviled because of how much interference they introduce into matches. That's seen as a very western wrestling sort of thing, which fits with the fact that Bullet Club are all gaijin wrestlers. Truth be told, I am getting a little tired of the constant interference and didn't enjoy the KES vs Bullet Club match as much as I was hoping to, but Devitt remains awesome and, I'm guessing you won't agree with me here, but so are The Young Bucks.

Yeah, it's pretty insane. That's definitely where business started to pick up on the card - every match after Goto/Shibata is great.

Like I said, this is my first "real" exposure to Japanese Pro-Wrestling. I've read the awesome stuff that you post and I've see a few clips here and there but I've never sat down and watched a full show. I can completely understand if the Bullet Club is doing something nontraditional, but for me, I don't know what the "normal" is over there. So it just looks like typical big-man power moves and typical heel stable stuff.

It was weird seeing Muta as an old man In my mind he's the crazy scary guy that was teaming or feuding with Sting when I was a kid.

Top Bottom