• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I would seriously never have guessed CM Punk for that fifth spot.
It's easier to buy merch now. They have a website for it. Back in the day, you either had to be at a show, or call a number, or send money to an address and hope you get something back.

DMczaf

It's easier to buy merch now. They have a website for it. Back in the day, you either had to be at a show, or call a number, or send money to an address and hope you get something back.

I sent money using that god damn WWF shop mailing form in WWF Magazine back in 1995 to get my Bret Hart shirt and glasses!!

strobogo

Banned
YvakAfs.jpg

That foreshadowing.

dream

Oh yeah, it was real bad. I'd rather watch IGF than see another match like that. Rolles didn't look half bad, honestly. With a few months prowrestling training he could be decent. But Daniel looked scared and lost every time he was in the ring. Also, like most fighters with no prowrestling experience, they only know how to properly strike opponents, so their worked blows ended up looking really comical. Add to that Sakuraba being banged up and in generally bad shape and old man Nagata playing at being an MMA fighter, and you've got the recipe for a truly awful match.

The Gracies also challenged Sak & Nagata to a rematch, but for an MMA rules fight this time *shudders*.

Shootstyle wrestling should be practised solely by dudes trained in it. Even Nagata can't do it justice. Also, I'd wager that if they brought in Original Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama, and one of his students, it would have generated more interest from fans in Japan and probably been a far better match. OG Tiger rocks, even if he is fat and old.

I think I need to see this. Were there any actual spots where the Gracies took bumps? Or was it all shoot style?

I hope The Mad Ox steals Bronson Lee's gimmick of angry/condescending camera man.

Who would even want that gimmick? This is hell!

But seriously: For those who don't know, a pony ring is that stupid short ring with barely any elevation to it. Perspective wise it looks terrible if you're standing so...time to sit on your knees for 3 hours. Then hope they don't toss people at you!

Me=deadknees :(

Oh yeah, it was real bad. I'd rather watch IGF than see another match like that. Rolles didn't look half bad, honestly. With a few months prowrestling training he could be decent. But Daniel looked scared and lost every time he was in the ring. Also, like most fighters with no prowrestling experience, they only know how to properly strike opponents, so their worked blows ended up looking really comical. Add to that Sakuraba being banged up and in generally bad shape and old man Nagata playing at being an MMA fighter, and you've got the recipe for a truly awful match.

The Gracies also challenged Sak & Nagata to a rematch, but for an MMA rules fight this time *shudders*.

Shootstyle wrestling should be practised solely by dudes trained in it. Even Nagata can't do it justice. Also, I'd wager that if they brought in Original Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama, and one of his students, it would have generated more interest from fans in Japan and probably been a far better match. OG Tiger rocks, even if he is fat and old.

should've been Sakuraba and Funaki vs 2 young guns trying to prove themselves.

the Gracies have been irrelevant for over 10 years now (unless Kron comes in).

the most entertaining thing they've been involved in was Holles doing a shoot Flair Flop:

Rolles_Gracie_vs._Derrick_Mehmen.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Did you guys hear why DB got put into this storyline?

I won't say too much but it's part of a conspiracy by ___ and ____ _____ to assassinate his popularity.

I think I need to see this. Were there any actual spots where the Gracies took bumps? Or was it all shoot style?

Here's a link, about an hour 46 minutes in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jthU-1MQbw8

Daniel took a few kicks and got slapped around a bit, but no bumps from either of them.

Lambda Pisicum said:
should've been Sakuraba and Funaki vs 2 young guns trying to prove themselves.

Sakuraba & Funaki murdering New Japan's current two young lions, Tanaka & Komatsu, would have been a pretty fun match for the first half of the show, but New Japan don't really have any shooty youngsters to throw at Saku & Funaki. Maybe Sakuraba & Funaki vs Ishii & Yujiro? That could've been fun.

strobogo

Banned
My yard has just about 9 inches of snow. About 5 were just from 8AM on and it is supposed to snow like this until after midnight, when temps will drop nearly 50 degrees. We're going from 32-35 right now to -15 tonight.

Rosey started a restaurant and is eating the profits.

023.jpg

Thrasher runs a few Dominos.

Headbangers_011.jpg

Meat is a chiropractor.

photo-4--10-.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Crazy Americans. What kind of ass-backwards measurement is Fahrenheit, anyways? Celsius is clearly superior. Water boils at 100, freezes at 0. Simples.

Also, unrelated;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGDtonkqPs

Now THAT is how you get fired for saying stupid shit on live TV. Matt Striker ain't got nothing on this putz.

I agree. 100= super hot, 0 = super cold seems pretty intuitive. 32 is freezing and 0 is extra freezing isn't quite as much, but still makes sense to me.

I'm gonna fuck her. Fuck her right in her puuuuuuuuussy. Lol, that dude, and the face of the woman right after. Perfect.

YO these Wrestle Kingdom 8 intros are freaking awesome so far

Dat DeLorean
MACHINE GUN AND BAZOOKA

also Austin is me in that gif rite

Edgeward

Yea, that Gracie match was awful especially when they werent just rolling around on the floor, then it was just boring.

Just finished the Yano/Muta tag match. I was slightly less annoyed with Yano in this match. Although seeing Benjamin sometimes go through the motions makes me sad.

DMczaf

Hero really couldn't try a little?

tumblr_myo9wtDpBp1qhsmu7o1_500.jpg

seriously, your entire job is working in front of people with no clothes on! LIFT SOMETHING!

Since he's not talking shit, maybe he realizes it now.

jobber

Poor Bray Wyatt, getting saddled with this Daniel Bryan bullshit. Buried before he had a chance

It's like he's Gangrel. Started off as a bad ass with a cool entrance then got overshadowed by his followers....twice. Hardys and E&C.

jobber

Kings of Wrestling is like a perfect WWE Tag Team too.

perfect tag team for WWE are 2 guys that aren't related floundering in the mid-card

They'll hold on to the belts until WWE needs to use the titles for a main event storyline.

DMczaf

perfect tag team for WWE are 2 guys that aren't related floundering in the mid-card

They'll hold on to the belts until WWE needs to use the titles for a main event storyline.

"Hey, it's June and Cena has nothing to do. Random tag title run? Random tag title run!"

Rapstah

Oh my God, they renamed him Wyatt. Even Michael Cole has the mental capacity to point out that they're not a literal family because of the others being called Harper and Rowan.

Top Bottom