• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
What's so wrong with a promotion having good students with interesting gimmicks in interesting storylines? You're acting like no one ever got better. They always brought in top of the line talent for shows to help things out. The last two or three years when the promotion really took off none of your arguments hold water anyways. They had some of the most entertaining cards in wrestling and they most definitely had the most interesting storylines. Why is fun in wrestling such a bad thing? Go to one of their shows when they come back then tell me CHIKARA is no good.

I enjoy fun in wrestling. I don't enjoy watching student shows where guys aren't actually taught how to wrestle, which is why the vast majority of Quack trained guys aren't able to go anywhere else. I don't understand how it got such a following online when the shows were super, ultra basic wrestling you'd see at a local indie, but with masks. I don't hate comedy wrestling at all. I just think Quack did a real disservice to the people he trained by only teaching them that style and having them work the same people over and over instead of having them work people with other styles and experience levels.

Ithil

NXT Divas Sarah Backman & Becky Lynch;

ibsgVXIoNCxpHe.jpg

Good god, the size of her arms. I'm entirely unsurprised to discover Backman's an 8 time world arm-wrestling champion.
Rebecca Knox's arms are not too shabby either.

From WK8:

3rcQBuj.jpg

You didn't see the crazy trading card commercials with Okada during the intermission?
There was a noodles one with Nakamura too. Energetic to say the least.

ghostmind

You didn't see the crazy trading card commercials with Okada during the intermission?
There was a noodles one with Nakamura too. Energetic to say the least.

Oh, I definitely saw Card Fighter Okada school that little kid, and then Nakamura take on the beef bowl. Plus we got the PPV schedule for the first half of 2014! A very entertaining piss-break.

I enjoy fun in wrestling. I don't enjoy watching student shows where guys aren't actually taught how to wrestle, which is why the vast majority of Quack trained guys aren't able to go anywhere else. I don't understand how it got such a following online when the shows were super, ultra basic wrestling you'd see at a local indie, but with masks. I don't hate comedy wrestling at all. I just think Quack did a real disservice to the people he trained by only teaching them that style and having them work the same people over and over instead of having them work people with other styles and experience levels.

I understand where your coming from and you do make a good point about some of the guys who wrestle on CHIKARA shows. I would say it was like that until the last three years of the company. By then they were bringing in enough outside talent and the they had found enough good guy's through the school that they were putting on some pretty good shows. It's not like these guy's just wrestle for CHIKARA either. They are all over the indies and in some cases are the champions in these groups cough ::czw:: cough. To say they just know one style and that they can only work with each other doesn't make sense to me. The promotion has always been about characters and storylines anyway. Different strokes I guess though, which is what makes rasslin fun. It's the baskin robbins of entertainment!

G-Fex

I understand where your coming from and you do make a good point about some of the guys who wrestle on CHIKARA shows. I would say it was like that until the last three years of the company. By then they were bringing in enough outside talent and the they had found enough good guy's through the school that they were putting on some pretty good shows. It's not like these guy's just wrestle for CHIKARA either. They are all over the indies and in some cases are the champions in these groups cough ::czw:: cough. To say they just know one style and that they can only work with each other doesn't make sense to me. Different strokes I guess though, which is what makes rasslin fun. It's the baskin robbins of entertainment!

I think Chikara is a sprinkle topped chocolate sundae to the WWE's John Cena flavored ben and jerry's

6 dollars

2much4me

strobogo

Banned
Wasn't Quack basically the dude who trained Cesaro?

Well, if you pretend Claudio didn't wrestle for 3 years before that and get training from Dave Taylor, then sure.

We're supposed to get 12 inches of snow tonight, on top of the 4 1/2 we got Wednesday. Temps are supposed to get as low as -15 in the next few days. The high Monday is -11. I feel like I should get some chips and salsa, but I don't want to deal with all the people rushing out to have gallons of milk. Because over the course of 3 days, you will need 5 gallons of milk just in case.

G-Fex

Well, if you pretend Claudio didn't wrestle for 3 years before that and get training from Dave Taylor, then sure.

We're supposed to get 12 inches of snow tonight, on top of the 4 1/2 we got Wednesday. Temps are supposed to get as low as -15 in the next few days. The high Monday is -11. I feel like I should get some chips and salsa, but I don't want to deal with all the people rushing out to have gallons of milk. Because over the course of 3 days, you will need 5 gallons of milk just in case.

Milk goes with cookies Stro

maybe everyone has a bunch of cookies stockpiled.

strobogo

Banned
They do. A lot of places in my area are completely sold out of milk and bread. I have a hard time people really go through that much of either over the course of 3 days of maybe not being able to get out of the house.

G-Fex

I dont' know how to cook stro. I eat Souper Meals

if I want french toast I'll hit up IHOP

did I mention it's 68 degrees?

strobogo

Banned
I dont' know how to cook stro. I eat Souper Meals

if I want french toast I'll hit up IHOP

did I mention it's 68 degrees?

I don't mind the cold. I'm fine with it being in the 30s most of the year. I just don't care for the snow because my area doesn't get plowed and it ruins my bike rides.

Omega

Banned
I forgot what PPV it was, it was before the whole Authority angle started.

Something was supposed to happen for Bryan. it didn't. the apologists said we were overreacting and it would all work out in the end. WWE surely wouldn't fuck up their next big star. He was right there, they didn't have to do anything! No way they could mess it up

yet they did. I don't see how they can fix this and honestly, damage has been done.

i'm just gonna go back to lurking now. felt like venting because fuck WWE.

strobogo

Banned

Something was supposed to happen for Bryan. it didn't. the apologists said we were overreacting and it would all work out in the end. WWE surely wouldn't fuck up their next big star. He was right there, they didn't have to do anything! No way they could mess it up

yet they did. I don't see how they can fix this and honestly, damage has been done.

MITB maybe? He was heavily favored to win the MITB match, destroyed everyone in it, and then Orton won, completely deflating the crowd. But that was part of a longer angle in the end, at least.

Yea Strobogo, it's supposed to get down to 7 degrees here (I live in Bama by the way) with rain coming beforehand. Thankfully classes don't start back until Wednesday but that means nothing but wrestling until then.

somedevil

Money in the bank? Also, they screwed up but can someone explain to me what damage has been done to Bryan during the authority angle. They screwed it up big time but it just made him even more popular.

Damage is what happened to Ziggler. Bryan is not affected by bad booking. He reached CM Punk status where the crowd backs you no matter what they do to you.

Son Of D

Sounds like Money in the Bank. When word got out that Cena vs Bryan was planned for Summerslam a lot of people were expecting him to win and do a clean cash in on Cena. Then Orton won and people went a bit mad.

Aiii: "It's a slow burn"
Ithil: "Long-term booking"

Anth0ny

Money in the bank? Also, they screwed up but can someone explain to me what damage has been done to Bryan during the authority angle. They screwed it up big time but it just made him even more popular.

Damage is what happened to Ziggler. Bryan is not affected by bad booking. He reached CM Punk status where the crowd backs you no matter what they do to you.

I get the feeling this bad booking is going to continue until Mania, at least. Crowd is going to let them know. The Raw After Mania is going to be biblical.

strobogo

Banned
I went on my chips/salsa/blueberry beer run. No loafs of bread left. Plenty of buns, though. No carrots/broccoli/cauliflower, but plenty of celery. I saw a dude get FIVE gallons of milk. At most, he'll be snowed in for 2 days. That's max. 5 gallons of milk?

5. 5. 5. 5. 5.

11-8-2012+9-52-04+AM.jpg

Top Bottom