• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

I won the GAF rumble??

tumblr_m22etqNbXS1r5aodio1_400.gif

zychi

Banned
Hey guys, remember a year ago when everyone thought the Shield was working for Punk, the WWE champion? Now Punk half asses his matches, and the Shield are one of two good things going on on Raw (DBrine being the other)

Those were the good ol' days.

strobogo

Banned
Hey guys, remember a year ago when everyone thought the Shield was working for Punk, the WWE champion? Now Punk half asses his matches, and the Shield are one of two good things going on on Raw (DBrine being the other)

Those were the good ol' days.

Yeah, wtf happened to that angle? Just got completely dropped and had no resolution one way or the other.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
WWE signs former male athletes, models, and body builders. People get used to it.

WWE signs former female athletes, models, and body builders. People think they're personnel fuck toys.

Kinda kinda kinda weird.
You're missing the point.

The point is that with the way the women's division has been handled for the past, like, 10 years, I don't see why they still have a women's division at all. They just have a 2-minute match every week to justify keeping the shit around, it seems. The men's division obviously doesn't have that issue.

Saying that I'm "fully convinced" was and embellishment, but the point of having a women's division at all with the way it's been treated for so long is completely beyond me. "They keep it a thing so the men can fuck hot chicks" is just one of the most obvious answers.

Cagey

Banned
You're missing the point.

The point is that with the way the women's division has been handled for the past, like, 10 years, I don't see why they still have a women's division at all. They just have a 2-minute match every week to justify keeping the shit around, it seems.

Saying that I'm "fully convinced" was and embellishment, but the point of having a women's division at all with the way it's been treated for so long is completely beyond me. "They keep it a thing so the men can fuck hot chicks" is just one of the most obvious answers.

The most obvious answer is that having a women's division allows them to market towards women in a way better than not having a women's division would, regardless of the quality or attention paid to it.

Vylash

Yeah, wtf happened to that angle? Just got completely dropped and had no resolution one way or the other.

They revealed that Heyman was paying them off, Heyman was about to be fired, Brock came out and beat the shit out of him, setting up Lesnar vs HHH

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The most obvious answer is that having a women's division allows them to market towards women in a way better than not having a women's division would, regardless of the quality or attention paid to it.
I said it was "one" of the most obvious answers. That is another one, yes. Along with the chance of catching the attention of horny channel surfing dudes.

UberTag

If they really wanted to market to women instead of trotting a bunch of phony models with shit acting skills out there each week to give each other roll-up pins, they'd get their male talent to pose in an erotic calendar like all of those firemen and Chippendale's.

And if that's too racy for a PG crowd then just donate a portion of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen's breast cancer charity.

Cagey

Banned
If they really wanted to market to women instead of trotting a bunch of phony models with shit acting skills out there each week to give each other roll-up pins, they'd get their male talent to pose in an erotic calendar like all of those firemen and Chippendale's.

And if that's too racy for a PG crowd then just donate a portion of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen's breast cancer charity.

Women was the wrong word because it implies an older demo.

It's appealing to little girls, young teenage girls, and women alike, but less so adult women. The same way that having a de facto superhero (Cena) appeals to little boys and young teenage boys, while saying "appeals to men" would be silly and you'd just want a bunch of tits and Stone Cold every week.

Which would be an awesome show.

strobogo

Banned
They revealed that Heyman was paying them off, Heyman was about to be fired, Brock came out and beat the shit out of him, setting up Lesnar vs HHH

Really? I don't remember that at all. The only thing I remember was Shield helping Punk at EC and it not working, then Punk went right into the Taker feud after that match with Cena. Then he took some time off, came back and got sick of Paul a bit after, starting the feud with Bork.

That's so weird. I remember the firing angle and Bork attacking Vince, but I have zero recollection that Paul was about to get fired because of his involvement with Shield.

The shield interfered in pinks Match win ryback. So Vince came out as said if the shield interfere he will be striplled if the title .

Also mad OX has some gopro footage I the shield making a deal with heyman

strobogo

Banned
My timeline is so off on all that. I remember it, but not that specifics. I thought Bork attacking Vince was closer to WM. I remember Mad Ox going rogue, then Shield debuting to put Ryback out with the powerbomb, and Shield helping Punk against Rock, and I remember Paul about to get fired, but I don't remember that it was because of Shield.

zychi

Banned
jt got robbed. i'm starting to question if ufc is fixing their main events lately. with the exception of anderson breaking his leg, most of the the fights end the way vegas thinks

strobogo

Banned
UFC a work confirmed. That shit is embarrassing. Let's take time to fix your hair and taunt instead of fighting off/trying to finish.

Top Bottom