• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Snaku

Banned
I don't know how to explain it, but sharing complete disappointment in a company with packed house full of wrestling fans just felt right.

The second Rey Fuckface's fucking fuckface FUCKING FAUAsfjafoajfafname hit the Titantron, the entire place went quiet. It just hit them that they have been Vince'd. Then the booing started. Then the cursing started. Then no one gave a fuck about the event at all. Then the final 4 happened. Then the booing came back. Then the final 2 came up, and everyone suddenly realized that FUCKING FUCK FACE FUCKING BATISTA is the reason we do not have Daniel Bryan and they began booing the fuck out of him anytime he did something, and cheered Roman Reigns hoping he would stop this farce.

Then Batista won, booing didn't happen. People just got up and left. In silence.

Thank you WWE. Thank you Vince. I'm drunk. Thank you $1.50 beers. Thank you $2 hot dogs. Thank you $3 burgers.

Yes, this is a report. Fuck you facefuckfuafck.

This was the universal reaction at my viewing party as well. Absolutely absurd what they've done to Daniel Bryan since Summerslam, and Rey at #30 was the final middle finger from Vince. I wonder what old ass wrassler is gonna come back next January and bury the entire roster out of the WWE title picture? Maybe if Bryan leaves the company for a few years he can finally get a title shot at Wrestlemania?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine the erection Vince has over the social media imprint of tonight. More people are talking about WWE than ever before on social media. Love it or hate it, it's known. Looking forward to a new 2-year high in ratings tomorrow.

Cagey

Banned
Roman didn't turn face and Batista didn't turn heel. They acted as they normally would. The fans cheered for Reigns and booed Batista, but neither guy turned. I don't know why you think that.

Perhaps I should have qualified the language more in regards to "turns" to state that they're occurring, not that they occurred. Reigns tossed a milli out of the Rumble including his teammates. He acted as he should, sure, but his actions have clearly put him on a course to turn face. Has it completed? I highly doubt it. But they're pushing him further and further down that road. The crowd reacted to Reigns because of how he's getting booked in recent months, weeks, and most importantly tonight with the record + tossing out the other Shield members. None of that is accidental and none of that is merely "crowd chose to cheer X" without creative interference. It's entirely planned.

The Batista attire on Monday, the quite predictable reaction tonight, the in-ring action, the post-match taunting... that's much more speculative on my part, compared to the above, I admit.

Foffy

Banned
Angry Wrestling Fans = Ratings.

But will that continue? As much as WWE is super popular, from all of the dudes I know who like wrassling, I keep hearing the words "New Japan" more frequently from their lips.

They deserve far more recognition, as they are really an antithesis to WWE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
soulplay call in for the law and complain
"The man is 47, he's got a six pack, he does everything the company wants, and he does it incredibly well for nearly 20 years, but because he's not an asshole, no one gives him any credit. He deserves better than this!"

strobogo

Banned
Yep, and there are no faces or heels!

Dude is saying Roman turned more than once...that never happened. The fans were just behind him. That doesn't make him a face. In NXT, all the good heels get cheers (Wyatts while they were there, Tyler Breeze, Enzo/Cass, Adien English, Leo), but that doesn't mean they are faces. Shield has had a lot of face reactions, but they're heels. Roman didn't turn face tonight. He did begin his start of a face run, though.

Batista didn't turn either. The fans turned on him, but he did exactly what he was supposed to do as a face who just won the Rumble. It's just that fans didn't go for it. But Batista SHOULD be heel. He's way better at it, especially in this age where fans react way more to good heels than good faces that aren't Bryan or Punk.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But will that continue? As much as WWE is super popular, from all of the dudes I know who like wrassling, I keep hearing the words "New Japan" more frequently from their lips.

This is the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time.

New Japan. Yeah, that's what'll turn them away from the WWE.

New Japan Pro Wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Hey, I stuck up for you when someone called you a fat dentist-in-training. Don't say these things.

dude, i like NJPW but no.

just... no. stop.

strobogo

Banned
Perhaps I should have qualified the language more in regards to "turns" to state that they're occurring, not that they occurred. Reigns tossed a milli out of the Rumble including his teammates. He acted as he should, sure, but his actions have clearly put him on a course to turn face. Has it completed? I highly doubt it. But they're pushing him further and further down that road. The crowd reacted to Reigns because of how he's getting booked in recent months, weeks, and most importantly tonight with the record + tossing out the other Shield members. None of that is accidental and none of that is merely "crowd chose to cheer X" without creative interference. It's entirely planned.

The Batista attire on Monday, the quite predictable reaction tonight, the in-ring action, the post-match taunting... that's much more speculative on my part, compared to the above, I admit.

Batista did nothing heel like. Roman is obviously getting a similar push as Batista did in 2004 into 2005, but he's still a heel.

DMczaf

Reports coming in that after the PPV ended, Batista flipped off fans and mocked Daniel Bryan's Yes chant. haha they got to him!

Be9UQQ_IUAAg3G1.jpg:large

Foffy

Banned
dude, i like NJPW but no.

just... no. stop.

I am not implying that this was so bad NJPW will be huge overnight. But like, between the two promotions of the last few months, one of them has had awful pay per views, and the other one hasn't. I don't think I have to explain which is which.

Verendus

Banned
Brotista is back for 2 years. What needs to happen next is his version of Triple H's reign of doom during 2002-2004. He should just bury everyone, especially Bryan for maximum impact. I've been saying for a while that he'll spend most of this return as a heel and I'm so sure that will happen.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I didn't say amazing lol. He's in about the same shape he was in around the time he took his mask off/removed the top half of his attire. Better shape than he's been in lately.
That would mean he's in better shape than the vast majority of the roster (including Batista and Reigns and Bryan (don't kill me), etc.), and he's almost 47.

That's amazing.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

New Japan Pro Wrestling.

nVIsA39.jpg

New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Yeah, that'll put butts in seats. Ugh.

Anyway, my suggestion for the next month's OT

February Wrasslin' |OT| The New Beginning or The Same Old Shit.

But Shibata is a better star than Daniel Bryan and a better MMA guy than Batista
a.gif

as much as i would like a NJPW dominated world it's never gonna happen.

shit, look at this forum, there are people who'd rather watch Vince slap his dick on the announcing table for 3 hours than watching alternatives.

and Shibata is 100% certified CAN in MMA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready for Rusev tomorrow!

as much as i would like a NJPW dominated world it's never gonna happen.

shit, look at this forum, there are people who'd rather watch Vince slap his dick on the announcing table for 3 hours than watching alternatives.

Can't I do both?

Foffy

Banned
I like NJPW, but come on, they're no threat to the WWE.

Come on, people.

I didn't imply 'threat'. Are hardcore wrassling fans a huge audience? WWE could lose all of them and still be the biggest promotion. I was talking more of the interest of enthusiasts. And again, I said amongst friends. I am not speaking of mainstream consumers.

Top Bottom