• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Alucard

Banned
Bryan/Bray stole the show tonight. I liked the Brock/Show segment. I enjoyed the fans telling the WWE to fuck off during the title match, and I was utterly bored by the predictable nature of the Rumble once Batista came in.

Btw, Batista looked totally out of place and unimpressive in almost his entire time in the ring. His spear was brutal, and I didn't care at all about the final four because I knew he would be the one coming out victorious. At least Reigns looked good and Kofi had a couple of very entertaining spots.

strobogo

Banned
47 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RR14_Photo_204.jpg

RR14_Photo_205.jpg

LOOK AT THAT BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't lie, Kane looked great tonight. He looked to be in better shape than he has been since the 90s. I thought he looked in pretty good shape during Hell No run, but he looked pretty great tonight. It's as if he hasn't had to wrestle and has been able to do nothing but work out.

UberTag

Honestly, they will probably give those two 5-7 minutes. It will basically be a TV match
But it will wind up as a dark match like their original Mania clash 3 years ago?
Clearly Bryan won't rate being placed on the Mania card after the next month of Wyatt beatdowns with Cena having to rescue him.
He'll be playing the Zack Ryder role from the Kane-Cena feud. That did wonders for getting Zack over.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can't lie, Kane looked great tonight. He looked to be in better shape than he has been since the 90s. I thought he looked in pretty good shape during Hell No run, but he looked pretty great tonight. It's as if he hasn't had to wrestle and has been able to do nothing but work out.
He's actually been wrestling in house shows this whole time. And if he hasn't, he's still had some run ins or something to do while at the house shows. His travel schedule hasn't changed since becoming corporate.

Removing any harsh feelings about tonight, am I the only one that thinks this is a pretty poor Wrestlemania card?

Orton vs. Batista
Taker vs. Lesnar
Cena vs. Wyatt
HHH vs Punk
Bryan vs. Sheamus
Cody vs Goldust
Big E vs. Ambrose (title unification)
Garbage Diva's match
Clusterfuck 10 or 12 man tag

Outside of Lesnar/Taker, that's a whole bunch of meh

strobogo

Banned
He's actually been wrestling in house shows this whole time. And if he hasn't, he's still had some run ins or something to do while at the house shows. His travel schedule hasn't changed since becoming corporate.

He looks good. I don't want Punk's WM being wasted with him, though, but I full support a Kane/Punk match at EC.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Removing any harsh feelings about tonight, am I the only one that thinks this is a pretty poor Wrestlemania card?

Orton vs. Batista
Taker vs. Lesnar
Cena vs. Wyatt
Bryan vs. Sheamus
Cody vs Goldust
Big E vs. Ambrose (title unification)
Garbage Diva's match
Clusterfuck 10 or 12 man tag

Outside of Lesnar/Taker, that's a whole bunch of meh

Big E vs Ambrose at WM makes like no sense on any level.

Just do a unification at EC and Ambrose vs Reigns at WM. Saving the split for post WM is pretty stupid now given what they did with the Shield tonight.

Edgeward

That is a whole lot of singles matches for WM. Surely, some of them can be combined to a fatal 4 way or even tag match of some kind.

I don't support Punk vs Kane because Punk is currently boring, and Kane is Kane. Just abort that feud right now.

Unless they make it No DQ and let them go nuts. That's always fun. #NoConfidence in a normal match, though. zzzzzzz

The amazing thing about tonight is that Vince made out Bryan as a bitch.

The only way he was able to get the upper hand on Bray was by deceiving him, and attacking him after a match. Only to lose clean against him tonight, without any interference from the rest of the members :lol

LLGY6hj.gif

strobogo

Banned
The amazing thing about tonight is that Vince made out Bryan as a bitch.

The only way he was able to get the upper hand on Bray was by deceiving him, and attacking him after a match. Only to lose clean against him tonight, without any interference from the rest of the members :lol

LLGY6hj.gif

If you watched the Bryan/Bray match and thought Bryan looked like a bitch, you're a mark ass mark. Both dudes came out of that match looking excellent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey guys.

What they're doing with Bryan right now? That's exactly how the WWF would have done Austin 3:16 if Hogan was still there. EXACTLY.

ghostmind

Hey guys.

What they're doing with Bryan right now? That's exactly how the WWF would have done Austin 3:16 if Hogan was still there. EXACTLY.

If HHH had married his way into power earlier, the Rock wouldn't have been pushed either, since both HHH and Michaels were trying to convince Vince that Rocky didn't have "it".

Toki767

When was the last time WWE ended a PPV with people actually being happy? I don't remember it happening anytime at all last year.

Can 45 year old Batista really not do a proper Batista Bomb anymore? He's got a lot of work to do or he's going to gas worse than Rock at Mania.

The only way you stop WM30 from being a shit show is (unfortunately) taking Punk out of a main spot in Mania and having D Bry face HHH or make the title match a triple threat match. You've got two fucking heels in the title match for Mania right now. Batista instantly turned heel when he won tonight.

This shit really sickens me.

Kaladin

Don't know why I decided to read over the Grammys thread just now. PopGaf's reactions to the performances I was looking forward to were as predictable as the Rumble tonight.

Top Bottom