• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The rest of the matches were as expected. Goto/Shibata was probably my favorite match, as it looks like New Japan is finally looking to give Goto a title run. He's going to get a shot in Hiroshima in February, but I don't think he'll win there...I think NJPW sees way too much money in a Nakamura/Okada feud to give Goto a run juuuust yet. I think Goto wins the G1, and wins the title at WK9.

As for Naito, it's pretty clear NJPW fans aren't going to get behind him. Ishii will probably beat him for the NEVER title, which will probably take over as a low-card belt. I still like Naito but he's going to need a lot more time before he can be bought as a main event player again.

To thnk that Goto is going to get a title run but that Naito's not going to stay in the main event is an interesting stance to take.

Goto's done. Guy's never going to be a main eventer or have a major title run. I'd bet money on Shibata or even Yujiro having it before him.

Machine Gun should be the next ace goddamnit

He seemed prime for it until Bullet Club hit

Naito will recover, Goto should stick to just polishing his sword

Don't they still do 1 or 2 specials on TV Asahi a year?

Yeah, they do, I'd forgot about that - some of the G1 shows and the Super Jr shows were on Asahi this year.

GodDuckman said:
I swear to God there has never been a better team of two guys who should have never been able to work together than Shelley and KUSHIDA.

It's really surprising how well they gel, Bucks/Time Splitters should be an awesome match.

GodDuckman said:
The rest of the matches were as expected. Goto/Shibata was probably my favorite match, as it looks like New Japan is finally looking to give Goto a title run. He's going to get a shot in Hiroshima in February, but I don't think he'll win there...I think NJPW sees way too much money in a Nakamura/Okada feud to give Goto a run juuuust yet. I think Goto wins the G1, and wins the title at WK9.

As for Naito, it's pretty clear NJPW fans aren't going to get behind him. Ishii will probably beat him for the NEVER title, which will probably take over as a low-card belt. I still like Naito but he's going to need a lot more time before he can be bought as a main event player again.

I'm not sure where Naito goes from here - Ishii needs the NEVER belt more than Naito does. Personally, I think they should turn him heel. Perhaps when the inevitable CHAOS split happens, Naito aligns himself with Nakamura (as I'm guessing Nak would be the heel in a potential Nak/Okada feud). As for Goto, I think he's got a good shot of winning the belt at New Beginning. Not really sure why, I just feel like Okada's reign is nearly up. I can't see him holding it throughout 2014, that's for sure.

Dragonzord said:
Goto's done. Guy's never going to be a main eventer or have a major title run. I'd bet money on Shibata or even Yujiro having it before him.

Shibata's not winning any titles until he signs a contract, unfortunately. Allegedly Tanahashi and Nakamura aren't his biggest fans. Also, I wouldn't be so sure about Goto, he got a pretty big reaction when he challenged Okada today.

To thnk that Goto is going to get a title run but that Naito's not going to stay in the main event is an interesting stance to take.

Goto's done. Guy's never going to be a main eventer or have a major title run. I'd bet money on Shibata having it before him.

I disagree. Jado and Gedo are really good about rewarding guys who have been with the company a while...hence why Nakanishi and Makabe got pity title runs. Goto's always been pretty over and a hard worker, so I think at the very least he'll get a 1-2 month reign sometime soon.

YANO IWGP REIGN COMING ATCHA

And yo, Makabe was fucking OVER at that time. That salaryman shit had him on hot fire

And WK8 notes:
The Gracies put me to sleep
Nothing will ever be funnier than Minoru Suzuki getting trolled (either by Tajiri or Yano, but especially Yano)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
YANO IWGP REIGN COMING ATCHA

And yo, Makabe was fucking OVER at that time. That salaryman shit had him on hot fire

And WK8 notes:
The Gracies put me to sleep
Nothing will ever be funnier than Minoru Suzuki getting trolled (either by Tajiri or Yano, but especially Yano)

Dude, Yano doesn't need a title reign.

Seriously, he's above it.
Besides, he's already a former GHC/IWGP double champion.

first time gif making

des5tiuuv.gif

Edgeward

That powerbomb spot with Machine Gun to Ibushi was sick. Nice match, had a feeling the I knew the outcome but it's still the right call and nice to see.

Sephzilla

Man, I'm hoping WWE steps up their game now that Royal Rumble / Road to Wrestlemania season is upon us.

But... man... they aren't giving me much hope here with their hottest wrestler pretty much joining The Brood 2014.

Edgeward

Okada/Naito was pretty damn amazing. Pacing was terrific in the 2nd half with some good false finishes peppered in yet finding ways to extend the match.

Anth0ny

LAW is doing the worst of 2013 and they just played an audio recap of the Daniel Bryan story since Summerslam.

Bryan wins
Bryan gets screwed

Bryan wins
Bryan gets screwed

Bryan wins
Bryan gets screwed

Bryan wins
Bryan gets screwed

Bryan joins wyatts

priceless.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Takeshi Morishima beat KENTA to become the new GHC Heavyweight Champion, ending Kenta's reign just short of one year. It's Morishima's third reign, tying Misawa and Akiyama for most all time.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Takeshi Morishima beat KENTA to become the new GHC Heavyweight Champion, ending Kenta's reign just short of one year. It's Morishima's third reign, tying Misawa and Akiyama for most all time.

GODDAMNIT

STOP WINNING THINGS MORISHIMA

ghostmind

NJPW press conference on right now... sounds like they are announcing the upcoming New Beginning cards.

EDIT: Michael Tarver???

ghostmind

THE NEW BEGINNING in HIROSHIMA
2014/02/09

Tanahashi vs. Nakamura (IC title)
Gallows & Anderson vs. Smith Jr. & Archer (HW tag titles)
Shibata & Goto vs. YOSHI-HASHI & Okada
Timesplitters, Taguchi, Makabe vs. Young Bucks, Fale, Devitt
Honma & Naito vs. Takahashi & Ishii
Kojima vs. Big Daddy YumYum (NWA HW title)
Tenzan vs. Tarver
Sakuraba & Nagata vs. Iizuka & Yano
Suzuki vs. Tonga
BUSHI & Ibushi vs. Liger & El Desperado

ghostmind

THE NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA
2014/02/11

Okada vs. Goto (HW title)
Naito vs. Ishii (NEVER title)
Ibushi vs. El Desperado (Jr. HW title)
Liger & Tanahashi vs. Takahashi & Nakamura
Sakuraba & Nagata vs. The Gracies
Kojima & Tenzan vs. Tarver & Big Daddy YumYum (NWA tag #1 contender)
Taguchi & Makabe vs. Fale & Devitt
Smith Jr., Archer, Suzuki vs. Tonga, Gallows, Anderson
Shibata vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Young Bucks vs. Timesplitters (Jr. tag titles)

Top Bottom