• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I really love this gif.

nDnv0lw.gif
I had a feeling someone was going to gif the wiggly foot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sting tonight, friends. It'll wash that taste right out of your mouth.

Friend Lambda, I'm putting together Sapp-A-Mania at my home this weekend and I need all the Bob Sapp fit to consume. Where should I go to find it? Is Dailymotion the best pick, or have his bouts been excised from their library?

between DM and YT you have almost every match of his.

i'm watching the W1 tag match from 2013 and Rene Dupree comes out to Living on a Prayer. stunning stuff, amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
between DM and YT you have almost every match of his.

i'm watching the W1 tag match from 2013 and Rene Dupree comes out to Living on a Prayer. stunning stuff, amazing.

Oh god you jumped to 2013

oh god Rene Dupree

iU0w0F51NK9Lx.gif

Meltzer called into LAW last night and said (paraphrased) that WWE gave Bryan a chance when he main evented Raw for three weeks, and the ratings were bad. Yet when Batista came back his ratings were huge. If Bryan can't pull in ratings then he will remain a B+ player.

Such a horseshit argument. Any main event level guy who basically disappears from the WWE product for four years, and then is promoed for weeks leading to his return is going to pop a rating. When was the last time Orton popped a rating?

Striker

Ratings are always increasing in January than they are against MNF as well. It's stupid.

Funny if they're truly trying to re-create the PPV crowd. When Hogan cheated Sid Justice out of the Rumble in the 1992 the crowd began booing, but if you watch a WWF/E copy of it now, it is quite different.

Meltzer called into LAW last night and said (paraphrased) that WWE gave Bryan a chance when he main evented Raw for three weeks, and the ratings were bad. Yet when Batista came back his ratings were huge. If Bryan can't pull in ratings then he will remain a B+ player.

Odd that Bryan was booked to look like shit on those RAWs and the big figures on Batista's return was directly after Bryan's big RAw finish. Will be interesting to see how their respective advertised segments draw.

Lol last night was nothing . Elimination chamber is in Bryan's home town. House is going to be rockin

EC is in MN. D Bry gets his hometown love in Seattle at Extreme Rules after Mania. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even put him on the card.

Realistically, he'll do what Punk did last year and not appear on tv until the ppv because he's going to be on his honeymoon after mania...maybe he wins/steals the belt at mania somehow and runs? Lol nope

Like I said last night, the writing is on the wall about what's going on in the WWE:

NAO= new tag champs while being old as hell
Orton= WWE champ while barely being over (even that is debatable at this stage)
Nash= Collects a PPV paycheck when nobody was looking for him to be a surprise
Batista= Wins the Rumblle
Sheamus= Returns and gets to the final 3
Flair= Collects a PPV paycheck while JR was fired for Flair being drunk

HHH is just taking care of his boys, nothing else.

Nameless

Such a horseshit argument. Any main event level guy who basically disappears from the WWE product for four years, and then is promoed for weeks leading to his return is going to pop a rating. When was the last time Orton popped a rating?

Not only this, but I think last week's number was due to a combination of Batista's return, Bryan's huge face turn the week before, it being the go home show before a buzz heavy Rumble, and of course no MNF becoming habit.

Batista sure as Hell didn't bring those people back.

Just depressed all those months ago when D-Bry got screwed its like its ok he'll just win the Rumble and get his huge moment. They're just being smart and slow building things.

Fast forward all those months and NOPE LOL. Obviously we knew ages ago that plan was done as he got screwed over and over then shuffled into a 'nothing feud' just to get the Wyatts legitimised. But there was still always hope, hope they'd listen to the chants. Hope they look at that amaaazing slow Yes! orchestrating imagery from the cage match the other week and think holy shit this is awesome - imagine it at WM! But again NOPE LOL.

Don't think I can stand it anymore, tired of HHH flip-flopping around the place, I'm a bad guy now I'm a good guy haha, I'm angry at Orton this week next week I help him. Sick of their crap. Feels worse than the nWo always winning, HHH's shit always wins.

Even Cena has seemingly been bumped down. Man I think the crowd is sick of Cena we better do something NEW. Hey what is Dave doing? Him and Orton should feud for the belt LOL book it!

D-Bry and CM Punk are the most over guys in the company and neither get to do anything interesting. They should be versing EACH OTHER. Stop bringing back old guys desperately and reward some of the guys who do the work every other week of the year.

Ugh. Only saving grace is the crowd. I know they'll be in mark territory and Vince can go back to being oblivious but man its soooo good seeing the pure despising from the good ones. Foley is right, I just don't understand why they do it, do they actively hate the fans? They don't want to give them what they want?

I miss WCW and wrestling feds competing with each other. :(

Ithil

That's not at all what Meltzer said. He said WWE thinks they gave Bryan a chance and he didn't pan out, when in actuality they never gave him a chance, they gave him a half-assed push and then used confirmation bias to adhere to their idea that he "can't be a top guy" because he doesn't look like what they want. He definitely criticized this mentality as a load of nonsense, but it's unfortunately what WWE thinks.

Meltzer said Bryan should have won the title at HIAC, and should have been booked as a proper top contender, none of this "B+, troll, not worthy" garbage. Then he would have been build into a draw and a top star. He has the talent, he has the support from the audience, all he needs is the proper push.

But he's apparently supposed to start popping huge ratings, selling out house shows, outselling Cena's merch, all BEFORE he gets that top contender push that would cause him to do said things, before they will consider pushing him like that. It's chicken or the egg bullshit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm giving WWE until Mania to fix this or they lose me as a fan. I'm giving them two months. So should you.

no they wont. as in, they wont fix it, and they wont lose you. We have all danced this dance before

I'll admit that I do feel a bit bad for Mysterio. His music sucked the air out of the arena and killed the crowd, so people could give him no reaction other than to boo the fuck out of him a la Sheamus at Wrestlemania 28.

Actually as I think about it, they should have put Ryder in the 30 spot to achieve maximum troll.

I'll admit that I do feel a bit bad for Mysterio. His music sucked the air out of the arena and killed the crowd, so people could give him no reaction other than to boo the fuck out of him a la Sheamus at Wrestlemania 28.

Actually as I think about it, they should have put Ryder in the 30 spot to achieve maximum troll.

Bad news Barrett would have been perfect.

I'm afraid I have some bad news

I don't feel bad for Rey Mysterio in 2014. Dude's obviously making a lot of cash by not doing much at all. Whoever decided to put Rey in as number 30 was a real idiot, though. Hell, I'd even like Batista to be number 30. Rey has not been relevant in the WWE for the past 5 or so years...

Lets have a bet then.
Lol, I'm good. I'm just saying.

Aiii

So not worth it
Still pissed. I never expected Bryan to win the Rumble, but at least put the guy in there and let him shine for a bit.

Which Raw after WM was it when the crowd was super hot for Daniel Bryan? Like they basically made that Raw great on their own?

Was it 2012 or 2013?

I want to say it was the one where Lesnar debuted at the end and destroyed Cena. Not sure though.

Sephzilla

I'm not sure if I should sub to WWE Network to get away from current WWE not pushing their hottest guy in years or if I should stay away from WWE Network because all of their current PPVs are going to continue with them not pushing their hottest wrestler in years.

Which Raw after WM was it when the crowd was superhot for Daniel Bryan? Like they basically made that Raw great on their own?

Was it 2012 or 2013?

I want to say it was the one where Lesnar debuted at the end and destroyed Cena. Not sure though.

Both? The crowd was red hot for Bryan after the Shaemus match and also for last WM.

Nameless

WWE didn't lose all my good will last night thanks to how they handled Jesus Reigns. Great showing in the Rumble and I'm glad the crowd took time out from throwing feces to let him know it.

Hopefully he doesn't job to Botista tonight.

I wonder how Reigns' babyface attire will be.

It'll probably go all out Samoan, but his ring name is far from it.

Just what we need after last night. More 50-year-old farts.
Hey man, if the NAO can be tag champs in 2014, Sting can still give horrible Sharpshooters to the younger talent!

Striker

Reigns' getting all those eliminations and lasting until the end was just as good as him winning it. He wasn't getting a main event title shot this year at Mania anyways, but those main event shots will be happening this year for sure. He's getting catapulted up the ladder very quickly - need to hope Rollins and Ambrose don't become the Kofi-Ziggler's of the midcard in the next few years.

Speaking of Dolph, the crowd loved him last night. Even after doing little to nothing for the past several months.

CM Punk's elevation and D-Bry's emergence were the reason I got back into wrestling hardcore to begin with.

They've gradually whittled away my interest since then, its starting to feel like back when I lost interest last time (Cena, Orton, Batista), wow. :|

Punk had the hottest thing going, ruined.

D-Bry most over thing in years, everyone fan and legend can't understand what the fucking problem is, ruined.

If they seriously think that main event 'run' was giving D-Bry a chance then uhhh GO FUCK YOURSELF.

That 'story' was supposed to just be the build to the actual main event run that was supposed to happen now and would be so much more awesome and intense because of the screwy shit that happened before.

HOW ARE YOU THIS MORONIC YOU DUMB SHIT COMPANY???????

Not even Sting can cheer me up now. :(

Tonight would be a good time to bring back Brotista.

They accidentally wrote themselves a compelling story if they were to go with Daniel Bryan as the everyman wrestler up against the douchebag movie star. Shame that they won't actually use it.

Top Bottom