• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Sephzilla

I'm okay with the Outlaws winning because they've actually looked decent since coming back.

I really hope Cleveland does the ring thing and takes a massive dump on Raw tonight.

Also, am I the only one interested in a possible Batista/Orton WrestleMania main event only because it could quite possibly go down as the most boring main event in wrestling history? Really, it could be a train wreck like nobody could predict. Batista would be gassed after 5 minutes and Orton would have to resort to 10 minutes of headlocks just to keep Batista from passing out.

Heel

The best line WWE can take right now is to not acknowledge the vitriol and book Bryan to lose to a complete jobber on Raw. The moment you can tell that they're trying to turn this into an angle is the moment they lose the magic. Knowing WWE, they'll probably have Bryan on the mic complaining about "the machine."

sajj316

The best line WWE can take right now is to not acknowledge the vitriol and book Bryan to lose to a complete jobber on Raw. The moment you can tell that they're trying to turn this into an angle is the moment they lose the magic. Knowing WWE, they'll probably have Bryan on the mic complaining about "the machine."

I would throw two bricks at my TV ..

UberTag

What jobber should D.Brine be booked to lose to this week?

Erick Rowan?
Wade Barrett?
El Torito?

Tonight the WWE Universe decides D. Brine's fate. Please download the WWE app now and cast your vote.
Now - because we think you're a bunch of retards - here's Michael Cole to demonstrate how to download the app for the next 5 minutes.

New Age won? That is awesome.
They're called the Middle Age Outlaws now.

What jobber should D.Brine be booked to lose to this week?

Erick Rowan?
Wade Barrett?
El Torito?

Daniel Bryan to wrestle a Gauntlet match where he loses to Miz, Khali, Brodus Clay, JTG, Curt Hawkins, Bo Dallas, CJ Parker, and Sasha Banks and the match inexplicably continues after each loss CONFIRMED.

Aiii

So not worth it
I didn't!

I'm still trying to catch up on last night, sounds like a train wreck, but I like watching the WWE burn.

Thing is, the PPV wasn't bad at all, the first two matches were great. I'm also fine with NOA winning. The Rumble had some nice spots, Reigns looked great, Punk and Kane stuff was good. There was some good stuff in there.

Orton vs. Cena was passable, Wyatt ending was good.

But that Daniel Bryan bullshit just shit the whole thing up, what were they thinking?

TL21xx

Banned
Okay, honest to God question, is it possible that this whole ordeal is one big work? All the rage on the net seems to be aimed at Triple H, but NXT has proven to be competently booked (granted, this is primarily Dusty's doing, but HHH is still in Vince's spot in gorilla there). I know that they're two totally different products, but it really does feel like if someone deserves to be called out here, it's Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Probably completely off base here, but it's a thought.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, honest to God question, is it possible that this whole ordeal is one big work? All the rage seems to be aimed at Triple H, but NXT has proven to be competently booked (granted, this is primarily Dusty's doing, but HHH is still in Vince's spot in gorilla there). I know that they're two totally different products, but it really does feel like if someone deserves to be called out here, it's Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

It is possible. A lot of people doubt it because they don't think WWE are that clever, and if it isn't a work, it can be spun as one if they want.

jred2k

There should be a storyline where Vince has become amnesic and is convinced that Randy Orton is Daniel Bryan and vice versa. So when fans chant Daniel Bryan during an Orton match he believes he's giving them what they want.

Eventually, the fans will catch on and start chanting for Randy Orton. That is when Vince will be cured and keep pushing Randy because its what the fans are cheering for.

PS - I'm already kind of getting sick of Archibald Peck's face. This is going to be a long month.

Okay, honest to God question, is it possible that this whole ordeal is one big work? All the rage on the net seems to be aimed at Triple H, but NXT has proven to be competently booked (granted, this is primarily Dusty's doing, but HHH is still in Vince's spot in gorilla there). I know that they're two totally different products, but it really does feel like if someone deserves to be called out here, it's Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

The whole thing? 100% absolutely no way. Vince would have never approved the WWE title match, the Rumble, and Batista being trashed like that. They kept Bryan out of the Rumble because they knew if he was eliminated the crowd would lose their minds. No way they saw that coming.

The Bryan hashtag tweet stuff after the rumble? That's got WWE's hands all over it

Heel

No, but if they play it right they can turn chicken shit into chicken salad and have people thinking it was a masterstroke. I really doubt they play it right.

Dean is going to be an awesome solo heel in a few months.

tumblr_n01v49Yo731tnrhe1o4_r1_250.gif

Would've loved to see these guys as faces before the break-up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hating my avatar too but that's the price you play when you play the game.

Everyone ok with the next Rumble idea? 60+ dudes, 2 Rumbles, winners face off at the end.

Ithil

A small part of it is a work, but there is 0% chance that the reaction to the Rumble ending is what they wanted. That's absolutely terrible for them.
At a guess, they wanted to push the "cult hero" angle with Bryan while having their man Batista main event, but they failed to realise Bryan's fanbase doesn't want him to be a cult hero, they want him to be THE guy.

Look at all those tweets from wrestlers, even footballers, and news stories on places like the BBC. Are any of them talking about Batista or the Network or WM? No, they're all covering the backlash to no Bryan. That's both bad publicity, and it's all focused on Bryan as the hero.

JustinBB7

Well that was a shit PPV. Mysterio at 30? Really?

They should have just kept Batista a secret and have him be a surprise entrant. Since they had no other big surprises. Kevin Nash again is not big. If Batista was a surprise entrant the crowd would have been better too. It was so obvious who would win now. (If he was a surprise entrant it would be obvious too of course)

I was wondering if Taker would be at 30 actually. Or somebody else big. Just like the crowd I guess, and then Rey comes out.. what a downer. Felt bad for him too, it's not his fault.

Was hoping for Punk or Reigns to win it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we're gonna see a kneejerk reaction tonight. The amount of press the WWE got for this was insane, but they know they can't do it twice in a row on consecutive nights and keep people talking - they can double those news stories by putting a little shine on Bryan.

Nebula

Summer of Bryan coming right up.

Top Bottom