• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Sephzilla

I'm starting to think Shaemus is the type who might benefit from a Bret Hart like wrestling tunic. He needs something to break up the whiteness since he's not a tattoo monster like Orton.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So these are the kind of people that take WWE so seriously that they get this emotional over it. It's actually quite sad.

You think that is real?
9ir3uq.gif

Sephzilla

If they booed and chanted during Cena/Orton I can't imagine what the WrestleMania crowd will do if Orton/Batista is seriously the main event.

Chopper

If they booed and chanted during Cena/Orton I can't imagine what the WrestleMania crowd will do if Orton/Batista is seriously the main event.
If last night didn't teach them that that match will go down like a cup of cold sick, nothing will. It simply cannot be the plan moving forward.

Mania crowd should mimic the NXT crowd when they were turning around for entire Bo-matches.
Holy shit, that happened?!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
If last night didn't teach them that that match will go down like a cup of cold sick, nothing will. It simply cannot be the plan moving forward.
vince-mcmahon-money.jpg

Vince don't care. Same song and dance. Dude will get money out people who will subscribe to the network, go to Mania, buy merch etc. He doesn't care if people chant silly things for a bit and complain on forums.

Rapstah

This thing about house show numbers confuses me. All I get out of the numbers is that the only person who draws at house shows is Cena, not that there's some weird hierarchy where Orton is enormously out-drawing Bryan based on personal appeal somehow.

Penguin

Cheers or not, I can't imagine WWE is too thrilled with the conversation being covered by the mainstream being the lack of faith in Bryan.

TMZ
BBC
And others are only talking about that.
Would love to see the video package.

Crowds have been cheering and chanting Bryan's name nonstop since DECEMBER 18, 2011. The WWE has listened to the crowd and given Bryan a total of 2 WWE title reigns, both combining for a total of 22 hours.

It doesn't even matter if they follow through with Orton/Batista (which they will). Punk's still going to face HHH (and likely lose because his contract's near done and he basically told Helwani he doesn't even know if he'll bother resigning). Bryan's still going to face Sheamus (and likely lose because Sheamus/Lesnar post-Mania is already being discussed). The company will continue to go on, like it always has, despite members of its audience and even members of the company wanting it to this way, because they'll always be the minority while the majority buys the Network, buys the PPVs, buys the DVDs, buys the tickets, buys the merch, etc. forever.

Guys, it's WWE

Rapstah

Byron Saxton of all people is apparently head of creative in NXT if I'm remembering my stuff correctly. He also puts up all of the NXT lists written in-character as Bo Dallas to WWE.com.

Chopper

Crowds have been cheering and chanting Bryan's name nonstop since DECEMBER 18, 2011. The WWE has listened to the crowd and given Bryan a total of 2 WWE title reigns, both combining for a total of 22 hours.

It doesn't even matter if they follow through with Orton/Batista (which they will). Punk's still going to face HHH (and likely lose because his contract's near done and he basically told Helwani he doesn't even know if he'll bother resigning). Bryan's still going to face Sheamus (and likely lose because Sheamus/Lesnar post-Mania is already being discussed). The company will continue to go on, like it always has, despite members of its audience and even members of the company wanting it to this way, because they'll always be the minority while the majority buys the Network, buys the PPVs, buys the DVDs, buys the tickets, buys the merch, etc. forever.

Guys, it's WWE
Are the Bryan fans really the minority? Have Cena and Sheamus fans been the majority for the last couple of years? Really?

Is there any other company that treats its fans with such disdain and disregard for the quality of their product? Apart from Nintendo, obviously.

The quicken loans arena site shows this:

See the MASSIVE MAIN EVENT as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line when John Cena battles Randy Orton! Plus, the return of "The Animal" Batista, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, The McMahons, COO-Triple H, The Shield & The Wyatt Family, LIVE!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cheers or not, I can't imagine WWE is too thrilled with the conversation being covered by the mainstream being the lack of faith in Bryan.

TMZ
BBC
And others are only talking about that.
Would love to see the video package.

WWE loves that they're in the news. They can react however they wish - people are paying attention and WWE is on everyone's mind. That's goddamn good publicity.

jred2k

See the MASSIVE MAIN EVENT as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line when John Cena battles Randy Orton! Plus, the return of "The Animal" Batista, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, The McMahons, COO-Triple H, The Shield & The Wyatt Family, LIVE!

By "MASSIVE MAIN EVENT" it probably means the dark match where Orton will hit Cena with a chair after about two minutes and then end up getting AA'ed.
to send the fans home happy

Heel

Not having Bryan on Raw and not acknowledging him would be brilliant. Doing a segment where they "sent him home" would be decidedly less brilliant.

BFIB

I really didn't like the titles unification. I think it was a bad idea imo. Now we have less scenarios for the roster.

I'm hoping they unify the US/IC title, and make that the secondary title.

Introduce a TV title that is defended on every Raw/Smackdown.

Rapstah

Well, BBC are reporting on Bryan's two worked tweets. Even Mick Foley's tweets are probably worked to some extent. As long as the reports are on WWE's worked reaction to the fans' shoot reaction to their actual storyline, they can act like it was the storyline in the first place.

somedevil

Didn't that end up a total disaster at WM?

Yeah, that match was a disaster because it followed the awesome Undertaker vs Michaels match and also the stipulation of the Triple H vs Orton match also ruined it as well.

The WrestleMania buyrate was better than expected according to Meltzer because people thought the wrestlemania was going to bomb.

Also, it will be hilarious if Bryan does a worked shoot promo tonight about all of this because his tweets are worked shoots right now.

Top Bottom