• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i'd watch a MMA vs Wrasslin GAF CPU thing.

7 v 7

We did have Faction Warfare with MMA-GAF being represented in a tournament for GWF 2.0. Heel, yourself, and Can were all represented.

Sigh oh how I miss the GWF...sometimes.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I think we're gonna see a kneejerk reaction tonight. The amount of press the WWE got for this was insane, but they know they can't do it twice in a row on consecutive nights and keep people talking - they can double those news stories by putting a little shine on Bryan.
The only shine he will get is shoe shine as he makes Justin Gabriel's boots look real nice.

Chopper

It's WWE. The only thing they get right is fucking hot angles up.
When was the last time they actually had a legitimately hot angle that they didn't fuck up? Legitimate question. I certainly don't recall. Every single match/PPV/angle blowout in memory has ended up with me facepalming and getting angry.

Bryan stuff aside, the most hilariously shining, shit example I can think of was the Punk/HHH/Nash stuff. Unbelievable.

Sephzilla

I think we're gonna see a kneejerk reaction tonight. The amount of press the WWE got for this was insane, but they know they can't do it twice in a row on consecutive nights and keep people talking - they can double those news stories by putting a little shine on Bryan.

I hope so but I doubt they will. They'll pretend it didn't happen, go on like usual, and re-air Royal Rumble with their alternate history version where the crowd cheered Cena/Orton and were happy that Batista won the Rumble.

When was the last time they actually had a legitimately hot angle that they didn't fuck up? Legitimate question. I certainly don't recall. Every single match/PPV/angle blowout in memory has ended up with me facepalming and getting angry.

Austin_3_16_2b537_450x450.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Triple H/Orton in like 09 was hot and didn't get fucked up. Good times for Orton.

Heel

Probably the worst thing they can do now that they have lightning in a bottle is open the damn bottle within 24 hours, but I can easily see it happening.

I say you let Bryan know he's booked to lose to Kofi tonight with a straight face, and keep these has-beens like Mankind tweetin' on their Tweeters.

Anth0ny

Just realized the Outlaws will probably do the "tag team champions of the wooooooooorld" schtick without having to change the words for the first time in 10+ years

Ready to mark out

BFIB

One of my favorite personal moments was when Fandango came out for his RR entrance. He spins Summer Rae (I think that's who it is?), and just spins her out of the way and just walks towards the ring.

Fucking lost it at that.

Ithil

WWE is taking steps against outside groups running Wrestlemania 31 weekend in Santa Ana, CA. As part of their deal running the market, WWE has locked in a no-compete with all city owned facilities in the market as well as several larger hotel chains. Promoters who usually run conventions and wrestling shows over Mania week have been told that non-competes won't allow any wrestling events to be held in those venues. Very smart move by WWE as with very few choices in terms of venues in that market that are close to WWE's events, it makes running the weekend not as financially feasible.

-PWInsider

Charming.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
They'll pop a big rating and they'll go "SEE THE SMARKS ARE WRONG AND WE WERE RIGHT"

If it's anything like their post PPV shows these past couple of months, it'll actually be a pretty good Raw, and the crowd will leave happy, and people will tune in next week.

adkNoSg.png

Charming.

I know wwnlive already booked their facility. Honestly the best part of the weekend is all the other stuff happening around it. If they cut off that charm it'll really hurt themselves. You can only go to axxess so many times.

Although I'd love to see the Niners stadium the logistics of this one may break my streak. Not really feeling mania weekend in that area.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thing is, if they can't bury Bryan before Mania and they don't put Bryan in the main event match what happened last night will happen at Mania with 70,000 people.

That crowd is even more hardcore.

Maybe if they advertise before hand that Bryan gets a title shot at the Raw after WrestleMania at whoever wins between Orton and Batista they can mute it a bit. Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do if they don't have him in the Mania match.

Sephzilla

I can't wait for next year when Roman wins the Rumble after eliminating only three people and doesn't look remotely as strong as he did this year.

Chopper

Thing is, if they can't bury Bryan before Mania and they don't put Bryan in the main event match what happened last night will happen at Mania with 70,000 people.

That crowd is even more hardcore.

Maybe if they advertise before hand that Bryan gets a title shot at the Raw after WrestleMania at whoever wins between Orton and Batista they can mute it a bit. Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do if they don't have him in the Mania match.
They HAVE to have him in the mania main event. They just have to.

DMczaf

I can't wait for next year when Roman wins the Rumble after eliminating only three people and doesn't look remotely as strong as he did this year.

They need to think of a way for him to do a spot where he spears someone so hard they break through the ring ropes and both fall out of the ring.

HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

Ithil

Maybe they'll do something like make Bryan vs Sheamus a No. 1 Contender's match for the first shot at whoever wins Batista/Orton.

Top Bottom