• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

If Bryan isn't booked or used for Raw at all tonight, I'll actually have to admire the balls on Vince for being so openly against what others want.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was that when Orton handcuffed HHH to the ring and then made out with Steph whilst she was unconscious? Cos that was fucking glorious.

Yep, also the home invasion as well. Great stuff. Orton and Legacy had ridiculous heat.

Cagey

Banned
7msJ4Jj.jpg

THE SALT.

#heel

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd pay a good amount of money for Baptista to hijack the Yes chants using his middle fingers.

Ithil

An undersized wrestler with a hideous beard that isn't fit to appear on Good Morning America or a late night talk show as the face of a billion dollar company. That is the actual truth.

It's not very hard to have him straighten his hair and beard that day, and tie them in ponytails. You can make anyone look presentable if you want to, so that excuse is bullshit.

An undersized wrestler with a hideous beard that isn't fit to appear on Good Morning America or a late night talk show as the face of a billion dollar company. That is the actual truth.

Watching the morning show with Dean and Seth, they rolled footage of them HAVING MATCHES. If you present footage of Daniel Bryan wrestling in Monday Night Raw, it gets the message of who he is and what he's capable of. So yeah if you say Daniel Bryan is a WWE SUPERSTAR (TM) on a morning show and have nothing to show for it then yes people aren't gonna buy into it. It's more about WWE's unwillingness to get the message across of what Daniel Bryan can do. It's not fucking rocket science.

Toki767

I still can't believe the general plan is to turn Batista heel and Orton face down the road. And then they'd probably continue to feud.

Chopper

I still can't believe the general plan is to turn Batista heel and Orton face down the road. And then they'd probably continue to feud.
Batista heel is a good idea. Orton back as a face is not.

WWE, we do not need to see this match. Think of something more interesting pls.

Here's the deal:

Wrestlemania is held in football stadiums now. Not MSG, not the Trump Taj Mahal, not Caesar's Palace. WWE needs to sell 60,000+ tickets. Do you seriously think Daniel Bryan can do that?

Don't make me laugh.

Can't wait to see Dave Batista tonight.

#WWENowThenYesterdayForever

Where have you seen this? The plan is and has been face Batista vs heel Orton at Mania. What you saw was Batista reacting after cameras cut off how Batista would always react to a crowd he felt was acting disrespectfully.

strobogo

Banned
Here's the deal:

Wrestlemania is held in football stadiums now. Not MSG, not the Trump Taj Mahal, not Caesar's Palace. WWE needs to sell 60,000+ tickets. Do you seriously think Daniel Bryan can do that?

Don't make me laugh.

Can't wait to see Dave Batista tonight.

#WWENowThenYesterdayForever

I don't think any one person sells tickets to WM. Wrestlemania itself sells tickets. They're sold out before a card is even hinted at.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
the problems were the booking of the WHC and no brand split.

Merge the US/INT titles. Re-introduce the cruiser/lightweight title or the Television Title. Other option is for a mix tags-title to get the divas more opportunity on TV. But they need to keep the WHC and WWE title merged -- they're redundant.

Sephzilla

Merge the US/INT titles. Re-introduce the cruiser/lightweight title or the Television Title. Other option is for a mix tags-title to get the divas more opportunity on TV. But they need to keep the WHC and WWE title merged -- they're redundant.

Yeah, having two world titles was stupid especially since the "split brands" thing faded away years ago. The WHC was always viewed as a secondary meaningless world title anyways if Cena didn't have it.

I'd only merge the IC/US titles if another title is going to fill the void with one of those. Personally I'd love for the hardcore title to come back, but WWE is way too play it safe for that now.

Anth0ny

Who was just pinned by Bray Wyatt, the same wrestler going to wrestlemania to face John Cena.

AHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHA

Post on WWE's FB page said:
So the PPV just aired in India and the WWE, a publicly held company, edited out ALL the Daniel Bryan chants and all the Boos and negative reactions to Cena/Orton and Batista. Isn't that some sort of SEC violation?

strobogo

Banned
You just made a serious reply to bean breath. Are you drunk again?

No. But in general, everyone talks about having to have these giant matches for WM every year in order to sell these big stadiums, but tickets go on sale and sell out before matches are ever announced because WM is what sells.

Toki767

Where have you seen this? The plan is and has been face Batista vs heel Orton at Mania. What you saw was Batista reacting after cameras cut off how Batista would always react to a crowd he felt was acting disrespectfully.
That's the long term plan for after Mania. Whether they rush it is another thing depending on if Batista continues to get booed.

Xater

No. But in general, everyone talks about having to have these giant matches for WM every year in order to sell these big stadiums, but tickets go on sale and sell out before matches are ever announced because WM is what sells.

Exactly.

I bet the Rumble also sells out before the matches are even announced.

Verendus

Banned
That's the long term plan for after Mania. Whether they rush it is another thing depending on if Batista continues to get booed.
They can't be that silly, surely. Batista going heel is the right thing since there are too many faces and no good top heels. But if that is indeed the plan, why not just have Batista beat the shit out Bryan after he becomes champion at Elimination Chamber or something? Simple, effective, and you've a long program to take you to Summerslam right there.

UberTag

I am now interested to see how bad WWE can fail. rather than getting irritated by their failings.

So meta!
Incidentally, you can still do that without tuning in and subjecting yourself to RAW.

That's pretty lame. Like an ROH show is going to take away people from WM.
Why do they care? ROH and the others are like a flea on their ass
I have to assume that the WWE is assuming that wrestling fans have much more disposable income than they're presently spending on Mania tickets if they can also fork out money to catch indie shows the same weekend.

Which means they'll find new things to monetize during the weekend at Axxess / Fan Fest and/or they'll be raising Mania 31 ticket prices exponentially.

I am not really a wrestling watcher. I was into it during the attitude era as a kid like everyone I knew was, but I guess my view is that the storytelling capabilities of this kind of thing are too limited, and the surrounding culture is pretty boring as well - especially now that it just seems like a bunch of musclehead white guys bumping up against each other with no funny or interesting gimmicks. So I doubt I'll ever really watch it regularly - actually I HOPE I don't waste too much time on it, as the internet generally leads people to do with things which aren't really stimulating but are hypnotising.

Having said that I was on a nostalgia thing watching some old Mick Foley and Undertaker things - just looking up cool entrances, big moments like Hell In A Cell and so on, when all the CM Punk stuff and this Daniel Bryan stuff caught my attention since it seemed to be what people are excited about now. So I watched some of the Royal Rumble last night.

Pretty crazy crowd! It was really entertaining to see them just insult the show for most of the second half of the night. The surrounding drama about lack of Daniel Bryan has been entertaining, too. So I'll be watching Raw tonight to see what happens - I don't know enough to know to expect that it will be a load of nothing, so I'm hoping there is some kind of improvised reaction to the hostile reception last night. Regardless of the reception not being what was probably intended, though, this is a really good storyline - scripted or not - at the moment which I think is shown by how much reaction there is to it. I want to see some kind of success for Daniel Bryan on Raw tonight, but I appreciate that as soon as that happens this thing is over and it goes back to wrestling as usual.

It is strange how little has changed about wrestling in 15 years, though. The plotting all seems exactly the same as it was 15 years ago. On the surface, it's all just less crazy and varied and therefore less interesting. I don't really enjoy the wrestling matches themselves that much, except the crazy ones, and it feels like they've stripped it down to just vanilla matches with vanilla characters.

Anyway that's my input for some perspective on what I see not having watched wrestling since I was a kid, and showing that regardless of what is really going on with Daniel Bryan, it peaked my interest over the past few nights.

WWE should buy the life theme from UFC and have Brian come out to it. Because it's not like UFC is Doing anything with it .

Also get the crazy pride announcer while your a it!

Top Bottom