• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Incidentally, you can still do that without tuning in and subjecting yourself to RAW.

I have been doing a lot of that lately - quite a lot since October (when Cena squashed MitB cash-in). My only full RAW since then was Old School.Watched bits of last week too.

Gonna watch tonight as I am interested in what they do. Blindly continuing, not acknowledging last night, or trying salvage and repair the anger on show are both interesting.

I have been annoyed by WWE before, but never annoyed enough to have interest in how "wrong" (IMO) they could get things. I am happy to watch tonight, just to see what happens, for better or worse.

sajj316

Alright, I'm still not really getting it. What is the problem exactly people are discussing?

I don't even know .. a comment was made that it was an SEC violation but I'm having a hard time identifying what that would be. If anything it would be misrepresentation of the product? Who knows ...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, guys, the whole 'I'll watch Raw just to see the train wreck' is just as bad as the 'long term booking' people. Either way, you're giving them ratings. You're telling them it's ok for a monopoly on North American televised pro wrestling to shovel out crap.

Alright, I'm still not really getting it. What is the problem exactly people are discussing?

The dude who posted it to the page was an idiot thinking it was an SEC violation. That said, the fact that it's already being edited to be a positive, while expected, is hilarious, hence why I quoted it here.

kiguel182

An undersized wrestler with a hideous beard that isn't fit to appear on Good Morning America or a late night talk show as the face of a billion dollar company. That is the actual truth.

He is also the man the majority of the audience wants to see and the one that gets the biggest chants and ovations every week. That is the actual truth.

Also, guys, the whole 'I'll watch Raw just to see the train wreck' is just as bad as the 'long term booking' people. Either way, you're giving them ratings. You're telling them it's ok for a monopoly on North American televised pro wrestling to shovel out crap.

I am happy to give them ratings. This "head in the ground," blindly pushing forward mentality is some of the most compelling material they have done in years.

Xater

The dude who posted it to the page was an idiot thinking it was an SEC violation. That said, the fact that it's already being edited to be a positive, while expected, is hilarious, hence why I quoted it here.

Alright then. I was confused because it seemed like totally a thing that is alright for them to do. I mean I hate their revisionist bullshit but they are totally allowed to do that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_inline_n02rt1tCU21r53249.gif

tumblr_n02og2m3dT1s7soezo1_400.jpg

Hot damn, the man is in amazing shape.

I think I'm okay with watching and not buying the PPVs just so I can kinda be in the backseat for all the chaos.

That said, I'm torn as to whether or not I want Mania. The possibility of Batista winning, plus HHH beating Punk and Sheamus beating Bryan again, combined with the crowd reactions to it all, seems like a trainwreck I'm just not sure I want to miss out on viewing.

UberTag

Cheers or not, I can't imagine WWE is too thrilled with the conversation being covered by the mainstream being the lack of faith in Bryan.

TMZ
BBC
And others are only talking about that.
Would love to see the video package.
Imagine if the opening of RAW tonight was the closing moments of the Rumble, clips of the Cena/Orton match, shots of the audience booing, chanting, rebelling against the product, excerpts of media footage (TMZ and the like), Foley's tweet, him throwing a brick through his TV and they aired that in the arena audience as well.

RAW kicks off with an echoing chorus of boos and Daniel Bryan chants. The Authority's music hits. Brad Maddox comes out and gets booed before he can say anything. Then Vickie comes out. Then Corporate Kane comes out. The fans are just getting more and more incensed. Then Triple H & Stephanie come out. Then Vince comes out. The fans are just letting them all collectively have it.

Vince: "You're all so upset I didn't have Daniel Bryan in the Rumble match. Is that it? You think I don't listen to the WWE Universe? Fine. I'll give you what you want, damn it. Tonight, in this very ring for the first time ever, we're going to redo the end of the Rumble. We'll have the same people in the middle of the ring as there were towards the end of the Rumble match before the last 5 entrants came out. And because I'm such a nice guy, I'll add a spot at the end and we'll have Daniel Bryan come out and join the match."

The Rumble resumption match takes place. The ring is filled with the same combatants as there were last night after Erick Rowan comes out. Some spots play out differently from last night. Perhaps CM Punk susses out Kane's would-be interference this time around. Ryback, Del Rio, Batista, Big E and Rey come out in sequence just as before.

The crowd counts down for Daniel Bryan. D.Brine comes out and starts cleaning house with Punk. Instead of Reigns lasting to the end, he gets punked out by Ambrose. It comes down to Batista and Bryan, Bryan does some crazy sequence. Eliminates Big Dave over the top rope. The place goes bananas. Bryan celebrates. Points to the WrestleMania sign.

Vince's music plays and he comes out. "Wait, I didn't say this would change the results from last night. This was just a match. Batista is still going to WrestleMania XXX to challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Champion whomever that may be. And if you think that's going to be Daniel Bryan, I've got two words for ya."

"Brogue Kick!"

Sheamus has taken this opportunity to sneak into the ring to kick Bryan's head off and RAW closes leaving Bryan dead in the middle of the ring while Sheamus gets booed to hell.

Xater

BTW why is Sheamus a big deal? I only saw him yesterday for the first time. Wait no, I also saw him in a match with Orton where he they got booed out of the building. Dude doesn't seem special to me at this point.

BTW why is Sheamus a big deal? I only saw him yesterday for the first time. Wait no, I also saw him in a match with Orton where he they got booed out of the building. Dude doesn't seem special to me at this point.
He's only on the roster to appeal to the burgeoning Irish viewer demographic.

If it weren't for the large amount of Irish watching WWE, he wouldn't have a job. Completely talentless.

Jamie OD

4,814 posts in the Royal Rumble OT and only The Frankman noticed that Curtis Axel wasn't in the match. I didn't even realise Axel was absent until I saw his tweet about meeting Ben Roethlisberger a few minutes ago.

HHH's workout partner.

Yes, really. At the time he first got his WWE title push, at least. Don't know if he still is.

Hasney

If WWE is really editing the PPV replays that just goes to show that this is no storyline. :/

There still might be, that was probably a kneejerk by the production team to get it into other markets before any decisions about Raw had been made.

I'm not deluding myself though. I'm going to read the Raw results before I decide to stream Raw or not. YOU HEAR THAT VINCE?! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BEFORE I STREAM A SHOW YOU WON'T SEE A DIME OF ANYWAY #PeoplePower

Vylash

He's a big deal because he's one of the best workers in the company, he can pull a good match out of anyone except Orton (he's not a miracle worker)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone says PPV replays were edited, another says PPV replays can't be edited

Cmon someone make a definitive answer here jeezus

Rapstah

Someone says PPV replays were edited, another says PPV replays can't be edited

Cmon someone make a definitive answer here jeezus

If it's airing for the first time in India now then it's not a PPV replay, and is presumably airing on a premium TV channel like a lot of PPVs still do in the UK. The PPV replay I bought myself today off their web site was not edited.

Top Bottom