• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Xater

Kurt returning to WWE seems more like wishful thinking to me. Didn't they let him go because if his injuries, or was it the drugs?

G-Fex

A7vTS4a.gif

WE'RE HAVING FUN HERE IN WRASSLEGAF TONIGHT MAGGLE!

SAY USOS MAGGLE!
Look at how cool JBL is. How come you guys don't like him?!

hes the best

Question guys, has this made the rounds yet?

http://pwinsider.com/article/83128/...n-foley-rumble-outrage-and-lots-more.html?p=1

What the Hell man?! Multiple wrestling shows during that weekend is a tradition that needs to be kept going. If true, this is some Grade-A bullshit right here
if it's just Santa Clara that they locked down, it's not that big of a deal. There's a bunch of cities nearby, most notably San Jose, within easy transit and driving distance to Levi's Stadium. I'd imagine the Indy stuff will be in downtown SJ, but if Vince locked that down then maybe Oakland or San Francisco. If he locked down the whole Bay Area then holy shit.

Striker

Kurt returning to WWE seems more like wishful thinking to me. Didn't they let him go because if his injuries, or was it the drugs?
He opted to leave, and I believe it was because of the travel. Of course he had some injuries with his neck, too.

Hasney

Daniel Bryan and Cena vs the Wyatts tonight. Bryans in the match to job.

Yup. Crowd would explode if after the match, Bryan kicked Cenas head off* and start a give no fucks attitude character.

*Not literally. The crowd pop would probably be louder if Cenas head flew into the cheap seats, but would probably stop when they realise you can't work a decapitation.**

**At least I'd hope they stopped.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the sun and mirror have reported on the daniel bryan situation and mick Foley aswell.

tm24

Has someone gifd Reigns doing the cock and lock on his punch. that was great

Also, Santa Clara isnt that great for indy shows. San Jose on the otherhand, is much better and is probably where most of that stuff was going down anyways

somedevil

From the Observer:

Friday's episode of WWE SmackDown averaged 3.03 million viewers, up from the 2.916 million viewers the previous week.

- WWE officials did not plan on the negative fan reaction at the Royal Rumble but Daniel Bryan not being in the Rumble main event played into the storyline that he's having to overcome "the machine" wanting to hold him down. WWE is behind the idea of wanting the fans to be outraged that Bryan isn't being pushed more.

Well, if this is all part of a storyline they got the outrage they wanted times a 1000. It does make sense with those Bryan tweets recently.

Also, with all this talks of quarter ratings and draws. Smackdown is doing pretty good now with no Cena and Orton on the show. Its being carried by Punk and Bryan. So where is his credit for that.

Also, this describes all the Bryan fans now:

2014-01-27-bryan-support.jpg

UberTag

He's a real life Capcom fighter.
Don't steal this idea from me. I called this crossover gimmick first.

This makes me want to use Roman Reigns in a fighting game of some kind. But not a YUKE's-developed WWE game.
Vince needs to throw money at Capcom to get him added to Street Fighter or something.
Incidentally, this isn't the first Roman Reigns idea I've called first. Back on December 9th...

Hopefully they do break Reigns off from the group. Start his face build at the Rumble.
A good way to put him over would be to have him break Kane's long-standing record for most eliminations in a single Rumble match.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE is walking a fine line with that shit. If they keep up this "storyline"
(It's not a storyline, it's real because fuck this company)
until after Mania, I can see fans spitting so much venom their way that they'll burn straight through the concrete floor at the Raw After Mania.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Back in 2006-2007 JBL was by far my favourite commentator and his JBL character is top 10 worthy for me.
Even if he's a lot worse now on commentary I still rate him over King and Cole, such antics like his post elimination commentary last night showing why.
Or it's my JBL bias.

While I agree with you mainly on JBL last night's performance was just a worse version of the one King did in the 90's when he left mid sentence, got thrown out right away, came back and finished the sentence. Best comedy Rumble spot ever.

Also...I know I haven't been around all day or last night but I actually really enjoyed the Rumble! I liked every match! The only thing I'd change would be to make the Rumble 40 man again.

EC is going to be fun as hell.

From the Observer:

Well, if this is all part of a storyline they got the outrage they wanted times a 1000. It does make sense with those Bryan tweets recently.
]

You don't have a guy fucking job clean like he did last night if he's supposed to be held down by the machine. He hasn't won a match all year.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wait, so this could all be a work to rile up fans, so they support Bryan?

So, the WWE realized that screwing over Bryan just makes him more popular? A guy like Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan, and a bunch of other "legends" who rely on the WWE for their money calling them out was a work? Joey Styles, who runs WWE.com, pointing out that BBC article was also a work?

This was all a work to get the easily riled up IWC going even more?

LOL!!!!

A WWE official should have tweeted about how disgusted he was with the WWE, and how he would now exclusively watch New Japan Pro Wrestling.

NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING!!!!! LOL!!!!!

From the Observer:

Also, with all this talks of quarter ratings and draws. Smackdown is doing pretty good now with no Cena and Orton on the show. Its being carried by Punk and Bryan. So where is his credit for that.

Also, this describes all the Bryan fans now:

2014-01-27-bryan-support.jpg

eh if that is the case, why did they censor the PPV?

UberTag

Wait, so this could all be a work to rile up fans, so they support Bryan?

So, the WWE realized that screwing over Bryan just makes him more partner. A guy like Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan, and a bunch of other "legends" who rely on the WWE for their money calling them out was a work? Joey Styles, who runs WWE.com, pointing out that BBC article was also a work?

This was all a work to get the easily riled up IWC going even more?

LOL!!!!

A WWE official should have tweeted about how disgusted he was with the WWE, and how he would now exclusively watch New Japan Pro Wrestling.

NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING!!!!! LOL!!!!!
I know something that isn't a work.

Kane's abs.

G-Fex

You goobers go on with your Roman Reigns pretty boy

I know who I'm cheering for tonight

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S O Sヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

KOFIS NIGHT

somedevil

That is a fucking dangerous game to be playing unless the payoff is a mania title shot and victory. Which cannot happen now that Batista has won the Rumble.

Yeah it is but anything happens its not till after WrestleMania because Extreme rules is in Seattle Washington.

If Daniel Bryan is not getting a title shot and the Main Event is Orton vs Batista again get ready for insanity from that crowd.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That is a fucking dangerous game to be playing unless the payoff is a mania title shot and victory. Which cannot happen now that Batista has won the Rumble.

You're acting like title shots haven't changed between the Rumble and Mania.

Or that there isn't a ppv where champions change all the time between Mania.

Or that they aren't setting up the D-Bry rages against the machine angle as a giant one post mania that could last an entire year.

He's an underdog people. The chase is always more exciting. He'll get his due and I'm sure the people in back aren't ignoring him any more. They haven't been for awhile; he headlines almost every single RAW.

Top Bottom