• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Aiii

So not worth it
original.jpg

UberTag

That is a fucking dangerous game to be playing unless the payoff is a mania title shot and victory. Which cannot happen now that Batista has won the Rumble.
Match could still become a triple threat. There's precedent for that - 2004.
Title match opportunity could be cashed in early as well. There's precedent for that - 2008.
There's also the Elimination Chamber (although it would be a mistake to give D.Brine the belt prior to Mania, IMO).

Ithil

eh if that is the case, why did they censor the PPV?

The idea is that they do want more fan support for Bryan, the cult hero, but they must definitely did not want or expect that ultra negative reaction. Perhaps they thought some people after the show would be vocal about Bryan and drum up support, but the show would go on fine and Batista would be over with the crowd.

Big miscalculation.

Meltzer said:
After rewriting several segments throughout the day, we just got word the show is changing again less than two hours before it's start.

Also, it's confirmed Big Show is not at TV, as he flew home from Pittsburgh on the same plane with Kevin Nash.

Update: The writers were just called in by Vince McMahon and they are rewriting the show.

lol

Pretty sure a large part of wrasslegaf is gay. That's why they subject themselves to 3 hours of a horrible show every week. It's just to see jacked dudes almost naked grappling each other.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
probs just have daniel win money in bank again and cash in at wrestlemania

Kaladin

From the Observer:

Well, if this is all part of a storyline they got the outrage they wanted times a 1000. It does make sense with those Bryan tweets recently.

Also, with all this talks of quarter ratings and draws. Smackdown is doing pretty good now with no Cena and Orton on the show. Its being carried by Punk and Bryan. So where is his credit for that.

Also, this describes all the Bryan fans now:

2014-01-27-bryan-support.jpg

Oh god when they're right......

Chopper

You're acting like title shots haven't changed between the Rumble and Mania.

Or that there isn't a ppv where champions change all the time between Mania.

Or that they aren't setting up the D-Bry rages against the machine angle as a giant one post mania that could last an entire year.

He's an underdog people. The chase is always more exciting. He'll get his due and I'm sure the people in back aren't ignoring him any more. They haven't been for awhile; he headlines almost every single RAW.
Well, ideally you want the face chasing the title, but Batista has the title shot. Elimination Chamber can't facilitate a main event for Bryan at mania, which is how it should be.

Your last scenario is a seeeeerious stretch.

While I agree with you mainly on JBL last night's performance was just a worse version of the one King did in the 90's when he left mid sentence, got thrown out right away, came back and finished the sentence. Best comedy Rumble spot ever.

Also...I know I haven't been around all day or last night but I actually really enjoyed the Rumble! I liked every match! The only thing I'd change would be to make the Rumble 40 man again.

EC is going to be fun as hell.
Ripping off classic Lawler has its benefits. I was disappointed to not see any clotheslines from hell though.

I'm still surprised they didn't keep the 40 man rumble setup, it worked fine and allowed more jobbers and surprise entrants making the rumble experience even more authentic since both of those points are part of the fun.

wrasslegaf literally acting like tumblr fangirls over Reigns
Swooning over spears, I can't deny.

Pretty sure a large part of wrasslegaf is gay. That's why they subject themselves to 3 hours of a horrible show every week. It's just to see jacked dudes almost naked grappling each other.
And why we all dismiss the diva matches, the gifs of female buttocks are all just an elaborate ruse but there's no fooling you Bobo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will never feel bad about diva butt gifs because wrestling is one big fanservice to both sides.

And the men wear less than the women.

Can we talk about kanes abs some more. guys a billboard for DDP yoga
I'll be genuinely disappointed if Kane doesn't have an excuse to tear off his Corporate clothes in monster rage and beat Punk's skinny fat self into a pulp with his superior physical form.

Seriously, I want a match between Reigns and Big E butt naked. When I saw Big E covered in baby oil last night, I got turned on so bad. HOT!!!!!!

I like to think it was all just Big E's plan to evade elimination by being a slippery eel but it's good to see it has other effects.

Big E does have some pretty risqué attire, he could stinkface opponents with that getup.

He's had access to that corporate gym, and we all know what that can do.
I bet they hand out free copies of HHH's body building book at that gym.
Plus just look at Vinny Mac at the 1999 rumble, corporate gym ain't no joke.

Didn't Ryder tweet about having new gear for the Rumble? What a sad existence.

I like to think he was genuinely told he'd be at *certain number here* and then the fucking bull's music hits, Ryder realizes he's been duped again, and goes off to stand with the refs at the fan entrance doors watching everybody else get time in the spotlight.

Even if Virgil got his job back in the company today, Zack Ryder would still be the saddest current story in the WWE.

UberTag

I'll be genuinely disappointed if Kane doesn't have an excuse to tear off his Corporate clothes in monster rage and beat Punk's skinny fat self into a pulp with his superior physical form.
I'm highly amused by the fact that AJ's childhood wrestling crush is looking like a million bucks despite being a grandfather while her current squeeze that is feuding with Kane has allowed himself to fall completely off the wagon in terms of putting any effort into his physical appearance.

Is Punk still straight edge or has he dropped the ball there, too? Let's get Jericho on the case to track whether Punk is hitting up bars again.

G-Fex

I'm highly amused by the fact that AJ's childhood wrestling crush is looking like a million bucks despite being a grandfather while her current squeeze that is feuding with Kane has allowed himself to fall completely off the wagon in terms of putting any effort into his physical appearance.

Is Punk still straight edge or has he dropped the ball there, too? Let's get Jericho on the case to track whether Punk is hitting up bars again.

Punk is now CM CHUNK

LOOK IN HIS EYES

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

A PIZZA WITH PEPPERONI

Top Bottom