• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Laserfrog

I drew hunter.
3nSaTEe.jpg

KissVibes

Banned
Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista
Just met a kid in Pittsburgh who traveled all the way from Munich to watch the Royal Rumble. Humbling. And no! He didn't tell me I sucked!

Batista is taking the reaction to his return pretty poorly, I think. He came back at a bad time. Bryan is too over and people see you as taking away his spots and opportunities.

I still love ya, Dave* but even I gotta boo how you got the insta-push and are lookin' like you're facing Orton.

*Only when you're Brotista or in movies, tho.

UberTag

Are people just switching back to their usual avatars? I swear I've seen several people who were in the Avatar Rumble back to their usual ones.
Call them out by name. Don't tiptoe around it with this nebulous "I've seen several people" nonsense.
Make an example out of these bet welchers. If I wanted bland confrontations, I'd be watching RAW still.

Son Of D

So is Brock is in the chamber and who else if Punk and Bray are tied up?

It's rather some random filler (Big Show, Ziggler, Miz, Kofi etc.) or Undertaker (they could use that to set up Brock vs Taker if they're still going down that route). I'd love if Cesaro got in there somehow but that won't happen (and if it did he'll be the first to go :( ).

Batista is taking the reaction to his return pretty poorly, I think. He came back at a bad time. Bryan is too over and people see you as taking away his spots and opportunities.

I still love ya, Dave* but even I gotta boo how you got the insta-push and are lookin' like you're facing Orton.

*Only when you're Brotista or in movies, tho.
Yep. People dont want to see these temps come Mania season take over for the everyday workers. They riot.

HuniCara was absolutely awful last night. He was worse than Luis Alvirde Jr. ever was...

Rapstah

Call them out by name. Don't tiptoe around it with this nebulous "I've seen several people" nonsense.
Make an example out of these bet welchers. If I wanted bland confrontations, I'd be watching RAW still.

I got the lists mixed up. I bet you could find someone from the actual Avatar Rumble list who's not using a Peck avatar if you went to look, but fuck looking up 40+ people by username.

Verendus

Banned
I got the lists mixed up. I bet you could find someone from the actual Avatar Rumble list who's not using a Peck avatar if you went to look, but fuck looking up 40+ people by username.
I'm not using one yet; still wating on it to be created in the request thread.

Le probleme Rapstah? You wanna take this to Wrestlemania?!

There's really alot of "old" guys on the shows currently taking up spots and the only one's fans see as deserving of it is Goldust and Brock. Granted some of them like NAO were already working backstage it just comes off looking bad when they all spring up when its time for that Mania payday.

Good thing for Punk he has a contract negotiation coming up. Force that mania last match spot into the contract its the only way its gonna happen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There's really alot of "old" guys on the shows currently taking up spots and the only one's fans see as deserving of it is Goldust and Brock. Granted some of them like NAO were already working backstage it just comes off looking bad when they all spring up when its time for that Mania payday.

Good thing for Punk he has a contract negotiation coming up. Force that mania last match spot into the contract its the only way its gonna happen.

I keep seeing this Punk stuff. Dude has like zero leverage now. Summer of Punk died a while ago guys. Vince would let his ass walk to TNA or Japan or wherever if it came down to it.

Anth0ny

Yep. People dont want to see these temps come Mania season take over for the everyday workers. They riot.

Basically. If you're Austin or Rock, that's one thing (though people were getting a bit fed up with Rock after the THIRD part time appearance at Mania, lol)... Batista, on the other hand, is NOT at that level. Not even fucking close.

If they go through with Batista/Orton at Mania the crowd will treat that match like Sheamus/Orton on Raw After Mania 2013. Guaranteed. Wyatt/Cena will probably get shit on too.

Rapstah

I'm not using one yet; still wating on it to be created in the request thread.

Le probleme Rapstah? You wanna take this to Wrestlemania?!

I'm fine with taking it to Avatar Rumble III where Earthquake has a 100% chance of eliminating your guy. You see normally in a Royal Rumble match when Earthquake is in it, you have a 50/50 chance of being eliminated by him. But your guy knows he can't beat Earthquake, so he's not even gonna try.

I keep seeing this Punk stuff. Dude has like zero leverage now. Summer of Punk died a while ago guys. Vince would let his ass walk to TNA or Japan or wherever if it came down to it.

He may not have any leverage but the only way he is moving back into the main event is to get it into the contract or leave and go star in a bunch of direct to Netflix trash movies, comeback when he's an old guy and then he'll be in the last match at mania. He's still a merch mover and does good ratings so that's really his leverage. I can see Punk just leaving though he doesn't really need to do anything anymore he's got money and everything he can just go home and sleep all day.

Verendus

Banned
I'm fine with taking it to Avatar Rumble III where Earthquake has a 100% chance of eliminating your guy. You see normally in a Royal Rumble match when Earthquake is in it, you have a 50/50 chance of being eliminated by him. But your guy knows he can't beat Earthquake, so he's not even gonna try.
All I can do at this stage is point. That's it. But a day will come, when pointing is not all I'm capable of.

KissVibes

Banned
I have a question: Can Batista have a good match vs Del Rio? I know people like to make fun of Del Rio but Batista looked bad at the RR

Batista was never a great wrestler.

What made him likable was the fact that he knows how to be completely insane and a total fucking asshole.

KissVibes

Banned

Punk still moves the second most merch, only guy to ever beat Cena in FOREVER. Very popular with other media avenues, and is the most requested wrestler for conventions and shit.

Dude has leverage to get a good contract. Maybe not LAST MATCH OF MAINA EVERY MANIA, but enough.

lol, the drawings crack me up. here's a Triple H i just did:

kf9xiPP.jpg

This isn't too bad!

Hoarr

Neo Member
Some rumblings over on Twitter that talks between the WWE and Sting are over and he has signed a contract with them. Which Sting will he be in McMahon Land??

tumblr_n0318tC0JH1sg99p0o4_r1_500.png

tumblr_n0318tC0JH1sg99p0o2_r1_500.png

tumblr_n0318tC0JH1sg99p0o3_r1_500.png

Pavaloo

Sorry guys I was slow to change my avatar. Motherboard died on my PC and I have horrible image editing software on my laptop. Can't see it now that I've changed it, but I'll give it a few more minutes lol.

KissVibes

Banned
I hope it's The Sting that doesn't wrestle like shit! His TNA work is largely bad. Especially his latest work.

Hopefully Kane and DDP can give him some tips on getting back into shape.

BFIB

I'm watching the Triple H documentary on Netflix.

Waltman has some meth teeth going on for sure. Dude just looks rough.

Kaladin

Can somebody post the freakin Homer Simpson Sting flag picture? I can never find it when I need it and I want it for the OP next month.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is this really even a debate? If they're not bringing him back as Crow Sting then they fucked up bad.

Still think his return vignettes should be tied into the Monday Night War promos they're doing on Raw now.

somedevil

More on Sting:

PWInsider has confirmed reports that negotiations are ongoing between Sting and WWE. Word is that a decision must be made within the next 2 weeks on whether or not Sting is going to join the company.

Several factors are being worked out right now including scheduling and what Sting is and isn't willing to do creatively. This does not mean Sting is definitely coming to WWE and he could very well work another year with TNA but the impression has been given that Sting realizes if he's going to have a run with WWE, this is the time.

The impression was also given, within WWE, that there will not be a match against The Undertaker, at least at this year's WrestleMania event. However, the idea of Sting debuting at WrestleMania XXX with some kind of cameo or vignette has been discussed.

There's also a feeling that Sting is the face of WCW and with WWE promoting a lot of WCW content on the Network, he could be an asset there. Sting is considered a fresh, unique face when they are used to using people like Ric Flair and Diamond Dallas Page to promote their WCW projects.

While it was believed on Monday that no deal had been signed yet, RF Video's Rob Feinstein noted on Facebook this morning that he heard Sting signed a deal with WWE in the last 24 hours, for what it's worth.

WrestleMania ends with the Undertaker winning then he looks up and guess who is the rafters!

KissVibes

Banned
Still think his return vignettes should be tied into the Monday Night War promos they're doing on Raw now.

Yeah, exactly. Have them play those Monday Night War videos and each time have their be some static and crow sounds. Each week, it get's worse and worse UNTIL HE ARRIVES!

WHAT IF STING AND HIS SON, NXT'S SOLOMON CROWE DEBUT TOGETHER AND HACK INTO BROADCASTS.

Malvingt2

"The biggest news backstage at WWE Monday Night Raw was how to handle Daniel Bryan after the debacle at Sunday’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Because of the magnitude of the story, I’m separating it from my weekly Backstage Raw News (that will run later on Tuesday) and running this on its own.

We’re told the company was “caught very off guard” by the Daniel Bryan reaction at the pay-per-view. As a result, Vince McMahon considered handling the situation of the utmost importance, even more important than anything related to Wrestlemania XXX. According to a source, Vince was concerned about the negative PR [from Royal Rumble] making it look like WWE doesn’t know what it’s doing at a time when they’re in the middle of domestic TV negotiations and on the verge of launching the WWE Network.

Vince McMahon put an edict out on Monday morning that the goal on this week’s television was to get the crowd under control in terms of Bryan and work the reactions into the story to give the appearance to the media and investors that fans demanding more Bryan was by design and WWE is in control over the situation.

There were several versions of the Raw script, with Vince continuously calling for more tweaks. The biggest thing he wanted was for the show to open and close with Daniel Bryan. He knew the crowd would be chanting for Bryan the loudest at those points whether he was out there or not. This is why Vince had all plans for this week’s Raw thrown out and told creative to build around the reactions.

Where this leaves plans for Wrestlemania is a bit more complicated. While the original plan was for Bryan to work Sheamus one source told me the match was “off” and another said it was “up in the air.” As for Bryan winning the Elimination Chamber and defending the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Batista, we’re told Vince was “having none of it” in creative meetings on Monday.

oh boy

strobogo

Banned
Wrestling has always been about striking while the iron is hot, even if it doesn't fit in with what you had planned. This kind of overness isn't going to last forever, so they should do everything possible with it while they can.

Top Bottom