• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Toki767

If Batista really is in the Chamber, I guess the likelihood of the Mania title match being Batista/Orton/Bryan would shoot up quite a bit.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Daniel Bryan: WWE Cruiserweight Champion. SUCK IT FANS. That would be hilarious.

OH MY! DANIEL BRYAN JUST BECAME THE FIRST CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION IN SEVEN YEARS TONIGHT AT THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA....'s pre-show only on the WWE app!

Don't forget to call your local cable company or subscribe to the WWE Network to watch Randy Orton versus Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania!

Apparently, Daily Sports in Japan are reporting that KENTA impressed with his WWE try-out and will be leaving for America in the summer, with NOAH planning a farewell show to mark the occasion.

somedevil

Apparently, Daily Sports in Japan are reporting that KENTA impressed with his WWE try-out and will be leaving for America in the summer, with NOAH planning a farewell show to mark the occasion.

How is his English because that's going to play a part in how he is pushed. It seems WWE got him after they failed to get Okada.

Downhome

Have you guys heard the news about a grand jury to review death of Jimmy Snuka's girlfriend back 30 years ago? This could be really bad news for not only Snuka, but Vince himself since it has been long rumored that Vince helped cover up and attempt to pay off the family to keep quiet on the entire thing...

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...end-death-grand-jury-20140128,0,4848348.story

A Lehigh County grand jury will investigate the 1983 death of Nancy L. Argentino, the girlfriend of professional wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, District Attorney Jim Martin announced Tuesday.

The announcement comes seven months after Martin said he'd take a "fresh look" at Argentino's cold case. His decision to re-examine the case was made less than three weeks after The Morning Call published a story about Argentino's death, revealing an autopsy report and police interviews that had never been seen by the public.

"I think it's important to have a grand jury take a look at it and we'll see what they think," Martin said Tuesday.

Argentino was rushed out of Snuka's George Washington Motor Lodge motel room — now the site of Home Depot along MacArthur Road and Route 22 — on May 10, 1983. Snuka, a married man, had returned from a World Wrestling Federation taping at the Allentown Fairgrounds to find Argentino gasping for air and oozing yellow fluid from her mouth and nose.

Argentino was declared dead hours later at Lehigh Valley Hospital.

Argentino, 23, of Brooklyn, N.Y., died of traumatic brain injuries consistent with a moving head striking a stationary object, according to the never-released autopsy.

Autopsy findings show Argentino suffered more than two dozen cuts and bruises — a possible sign of "mate abuse" — on her head, ear, chin, arms, hands, back, buttocks, legs and feet.

Forensic pathologist Isidore Mihalakis wrote at the time of the case that it should be investigated as a homicide until proved otherwise, according to records first made public by the Call last year.

Snuka originally told at least five people, including the responding police officer, he shoved Argentino, causing her to fall and hit her head, according to police interviews obtained by The Morning Call. He later told police he was misunderstood and Argentino slipped and hit her head when they stopped along the highway to urinate.

Argentino's family learned of Martin's decision from The Morning Call on Tuesday.

"I'm kind of in, like, total shock," said Lorraine Salome of New York, Nancy's older sister. "This is something that should have happened 30-some-odd years ago. But at least it's happening now."

Martin acknowledged that The Morning Call's story on the cold case played a role in eventually placing the case before a grand jury. He said Argentino's sisters contacted him after the story ran and that prompted him to give it another look.

"It excited the family," Martin said of the story. "It focused some interest on the case."

Martin said he usually doesn't announce which cases will go before a grand jury, but he said he took the unusual step of announcing this grand jury investigation because of the interest the case has garnered.

Martin said the grand jury that was impaneled in August and started considering cases in September will hear testimony on the case. Martin said the grand jury meets every two weeks and it will likely take months before it concludes its work on the Argentino case.

Martin said Chief Deputy District Attorney Charles Gallagher recommended putting the case before the grand jury, a panel of 23 Lehigh County residents, which will weigh evidence and determine whether charges are warranted. Martin said the five-year statute of limitations has run out on most charges but there is no statute of limitations on homicide, which includes first-, second- and third-degree murder.

"Praise God that maybe justice will be done," said Louise Argentino-Upham, of Florida, Argentino's younger sister.

Martin said with all the time that has passed since Argentino's death "there's no question it's going to be a difficult case." He said in his 16 years as district attorney, it's the oldest case his office has taken to a grand jury.

Martin wouldn't say if any new evidence has emerged and wouldn't comment when asked if Snuka is the focus of the investigation.

Snuka could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...d-jury-20140128,0,4848348.story#ixzz2rjoVgg4z
Follow us: @mcall on Twitter | mcall.lv on Facebook

Batigol

Banned
Have you guys heard the news about a grand jury to review death of Jimmy Snuka's girlfriend back 30 years ago? This could be really bad news for not only Snuka, but Vince himself since it has been long rumored that Vince helped cover up and attempt to pay off the family to keep quiet on the entire thing...

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...end-death-grand-jury-20140128,0,4848348.story

This better not effect Tamina's screen-time. She is lovely. And sexy in a muscular, but not too muscular way

Xater

The only thing the fans will take as a replacement to Bryan winning the title at Mania is probably him facing Undertaker as the last match on the show.

I would take a Bryan vs Taker match. That's a big deal. Also if previous rumors are true Taker wants Bryan.

Daniel Bryan/KENTA/El Torito for the Cruiserweight title at Mania is gonna steal the god damn show.

I honestly hope they aren't dumb enough to think bringing back weight classes is a good idea.

The story line options it closes down aren't worth the extra exposure it would give smaller competitors.

Rapstah

This better not effect Tamina's screen-time. She is lovely. And sexy in a muscular, but not too muscular way

There was this one Smackdown taping where JBL started saying something about Jimmy Snuka and then they were muted for several minutes before coming back. I don't think JBL dislikes Snuka, and clearly he's allowed short spurts of "SUPAFLYY MICHAEL" on Raw, but they don't want any more than that.

I'm sure Tamina is fine whatever happens though. I'd expect less referential splashes.

How is his English because that's going to play a part in how he is pushed. It seems WWE got him after they failed to get Okada.

I don't recall ever hearing him speak English, so no idea.

But, really, that's what managers are for - just make him a Paul Heyman guy. The silent asskicker from the Far East, who does Paul & Brock's bidding, feuding with anyone who gets in their way and kicking them really hard in the face.

*Karl Anderson maching gun load*

DoMY5ry.gif

El-Suave

Is it confirmed yet that the title unification means just one Elimination chamber (and probably just one MITB match) from now on? That would really suck - I hope they would have an additional match for the IC title in the future, that would strengthen its value and give some other talent a chance to shine.

UberTag

Is it confirmed yet that the title unification means just one Elimination chamber (and probably just one MITB match) from now on? That would really suck - I hope they would have an additional match for the IC title in the future, that would strengthen its value and give some other talent a chance to shine.
That's crazy talk. Go stand in the corner.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Daniel Bryan/KENTA/El Torito for the Cruiserweight title at Mania is gonna steal the god damn show.

You know they'll just change it into some lumberjack match, then change it into a random battle royal with khali winning.

Not yet. They could probably have the IC match in the chamber, or maybe have The Shield vs. Wyatts in a Tornado Tag Elimination Chamber match.

EDIT: I just remembered there was only 1 Chamber match last year, so there's probably a good chance we won't see two EC matches again with both WWE and WHC unified now.

Regarding Sin Cara's claim to the gimmick, there is no copyright in Mexico. Luchadores come out to licensed music all the time. Hell, they can book effing Spider-Man in a match if they wanted, Marvel Disney isn't going to do anything. Expect to see Sin Cara in AAA or CMLL soon.

If people aren't using these Peck avatars I don't want to either. I want to switch to a Kofi Kingston avatar so I can channel my energy towards him and help him get a WWE title shot and victory.

Regarding Sin Cara's claim to the gimmick, there is no copyright in Mexico. Luchadores come out to licensed music all the time. Hell, they can book effing Spider-Man in a match if they wanted, Marvel Disney isn't going to do anything. Expect to see Sin Cara in AAA or CMLL soon.

HE HAS HIS OWN COMIC BOOK IN MEXICO MAGGLE. I LOVE IT!

Aiii

So not worth it
If people aren't using these Peck avatars I don't want to either. I want to switch to a Kofi Kingston avatar so I can channel my energy towards him and help him get a WWE title shot and victory.
You made a bet along with the rest of us and you'll honor it damnit!

There will be no cheating!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if Reigns isnt a fucking huge star in 1 year this company truly has no fucking idea what they are doing, he has everything going for him, including the size they are so in love with.

You made a bet along with the rest of us and you'll honor it damnit!

There will be no cheating!
But Kofi's so close, if I wait a month, it'll be too late.

I bet if we all switched to Kofi-tars, he'll get booked in The Elimination Chamber match.

Plus, Gaffers that don't know who Kofi is would think that we're black because the rule of thumb is that only black people use avatars of black people. We can experience racism firsthand which I think would be a valuable learning experience, Especially for Strobogo, G-Fex, and Bootaaay.

KissVibes

Banned

GODDAMMIT KENTA, DON'T DO IT.

I would take a Bryan vs Taker match. That's a big deal. Also if previous rumors are true Taker wants Bryan.

Undertaker wants to finish the burial, huh?

Top Bottom