• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Soooome people liked the final segment.

The Ascension promo was whacky.

The rest skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip
Hearing about JBL burying The Ascension during their match made me happy to have not given my time to watch RAW once again.

I'll queue up the end of the show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hearing about JBL burying The Ascension during their match made me happy to have not given my time to watch RAW once again.

I'll queue up the end of the show.

Match before it too. Fuck the haters that was fun to watch. A new day, my friend...but for whom?

KissVibes

Banned
GIwlQ0G.gif

AQ0oE.gif

Jesus Fuck.

Ambrose is currently banging WWE broadcaster Renee Young. I have no sympathy for him.
But I do think he can bounce back from this loss. His character is too strong to let that happen.

Fox318

I feel like I've seen a stat that cena has only been pinned 7-8 times cleanly .

Most recently by Bork and a Shield tag match with Reigns pinning him.

Ambrose is currently banging WWE broadcaster Renee Young. I have no sympathy for him.
But I do think he can bounce back from this loss. His character is too strong to let that happen.

Isn't Renee married? I remember her as Renee Paquette when she was on The Score. She got married and shortly after got picked up but the WWE.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cleanly? Probably a few more times than Hogan ever was.

Anyways, TNA Wednesday Night. It's gonna be me...and I might be on tape delay if I go hang out with my nephews first.

TNAtion has fallen. Alucard doesn't even have the give a fuck enough to pirate it unlike Wrestling Society Mex.

Cleanly? Probably a few more times than Hogan ever was.

Anyways, TNA Wednesday Night. It's gonna be me...and I might be on tape delay if I go hang out with my nephews first.

TNAtion has fallen. Alucard doesn't even have the give a fuck enough to pirate it unlike Wrestling Society Mex.

Who gives a shit about TNA now? They continue to do stupid shit. I bet they do something dumb like bring Matt Morgan back, because they are dumbasses and think his name still means something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who gives a shit about TNA now? They continue to do stupid shit. I bet they do something dumb like bring Matt Morgan back, because they are dumbasses and think his name still means something.

I'm honestly very curious to see what is left of them. Plus its the first live TV show since their last traditional US PPV!

Mahonay

Banned
At times I really felt like JR was taking jabs at the current WWE product.

He mentions the importance of the IC title belt in New Japan then talks about why anyone would want to compete for a title that people don't care about.

I think he even talked about guys escaping the western product.
He definitely came off as bitter about the current WWE product during WK9. I am too JR, I am too.

I'm honestly very curious to see what is left of them. Plus its the first live TV show since their last traditional US PPV!

It's on tape delay by a couple of hours, but they are hyping it as live. Spoilers will probably be out before the show is on air though. Word is they were trying to get Alberto Del Rio, but they are dumbasses and will probably try to get him to sign some exclusive deal, so look for Matt Morgan to return. Most of the good people on their roster like Daniels, AJ, and Aries are gone. Dixie will still try to stick her face on tv. Same horrible booking. They got a new logo! Show will still suck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New Years dash was fun.

Looks like AJ and tanahashi for the title and nakamura /Nagata for the IC belt

Interesting story they are going for with okada

What are they going for with Okada?

KissVibes

Banned
What are they going for with Okada?

Okada is going to have the worse year of his life and bounce back by winning G1, he'll then beat Tanahashi for the title at WK10.

It's the John Cena "The Rock got me all fucked up; Worst year ever" storyline only done the right way. Humbling Okada and cementing his place as New Japan's top Ace when he beats Tanahashi; who has been acting quite heelish towards Okada. Of course this heelish behavior could just be him attempting to push Okada to the heights that he knows Okada can reach, if he does indeed humble himself and focuses on being the best instead of just acting like he is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Beverly Brothers vs Money Inc

The roster is so bad in 93 that they're resorting to trying to push the Beverly Brothers as faces.

KissVibes

Banned
If I was in the WWF in 93 I'd be pissed. How come Luger gets a bus? Where's my bus?

A fresh and original matchup

Okada will probably barely face Tanahashi this year if he does at all. Smart booking puts Okada just always just out of reach of the title and Tana. It isn't going to be Cena - Orton where they fight forty times a month and are in the PPVs main events for half the year.

Okada and Tana have only faced each-other in singles matches six times since 2012. Fifteen times counting tag matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh and since we were talking about shitty wrestling events we went to. Starcade 1994.

I was there, brother. I was like 5, but I was there brother. And I remember actually falling asleep.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm almost done with 1993. Some thoughts.

Royal Rumble is pretty good actually.

RAZOR RAMON. Yeah, he showed up in 1992 but I didn't watch anything from 1992 after Summer Slam.

Yokozuna is a scary ass motherfucker. As was Crush when he turned heel/Heel Doink.

Tatanka was incredibly cool as a kid. Now, holy shit. Themed movesets are one thing but the dude literally only ever chops. Plus no one is wooing yet!

WM IX is inexcusably bad. Nothing on it works and the only match worth watching is a tag match.

Which makes sense as 1993 is an unexpectedly great year for WWF tag teams. Steiners, Headshrinkers, Quebecers, Beverly Brothers, New Rock and Roll Express/Body Donnas.

Rob Bartlett is awful. Still takes them a few tapings to shit can him. Worst part is when they tease having the Brain on instead.

I like Macho Man in 1993. His outfits are great. Him/Brain/Vince...you could do worse.

Some of these New Generation characters that only show up on a few RAWs are ridiculous.

The 123 Kid thing is easily the second best storyline of the entire year.

King of the Ring 1993. Besides the one truly awful Lex Luger/Tatanka 15 minute draw is actually a decent ass PPV. But holy shit, that one match took me MONTHS to finish without falling asleep.

Lex Express was a bad ass bus. Plus there's some legit good stuff in the build up to Summerslam!

Which is an awful PPV. Nothing worked on it again besides the Bret/King stuff. Even a match that should have been guaranteed gold like HBK/Perfect sucks.

This Crush/Macho Man feud lasts forever. It gets pretty hot too.

Diesel. Faces jobbers. Has even less moves than usual. Is still big and sexy (but not Razor Ramon sexy)

Survivor Series 1993. Bad show but there's some fun moments. Macho Man going nuts at the beginning of the match. Jerry the King Lawler HBK and his Knights versus the Harts, setting up the single best storyline in wrestling history. Awful match though Bruce can throw a fucking clothsline. Doink is face now (and I think it's the second one already) and Doink Bushwackers is the stuff of nightmares. The rest of the show blows.

Note that despite being screwed out of the title more or less Bret goes from the end of March until the end of November without getting a rematch, which he does on a USA special the Sunday after SS. What a strange world it was 20 years ago.

I have 3-4 more Raws left until 1994! A year with some bigger highs and lower lows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Starcade 1994 had the award ceremony for Hulk Hogan winning PWI's Wrestler of the year and getting a trophy and everything.

Wow, things sure were different with how they handled PWI stuff in 94. Or how WCW did at least.

I want to know what Jimmy Hart knows that lets him continue to ride Hogan's coattails to this very day. Hogan and Beefcake go way back, so I get that one. But what did Jimmy ever do for Hogan's career?

MC Safety

I only half listened to Roman Reigns' speech tonight, but he either botched the "faster than a speeding bullet" quote or someone told him to it out of order.

I wouldn't have noticed or cared, but the WWE seems intent on making a big thing of this guy,

"Faster than a speeding bullet,
More powerful than a locomotive,
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound."

Hasney

Time to watch Raw, because if there's one thing people hate more than someone bitching, it's somene bitching from an uninformed position. I make this sacrifice so I'm less annoying to you cunts lovely people.

simon-garfunkel-4.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Starcade 1994 had the award ceremony for Hulk Hogan winning PWI's Wrestler of the year and getting a trophy and everything.

Wow, things sure were different with how they handled PWI stuff in 94. Or how WCW did at least.

I want to know what Jimmy Hart knows that lets him continue to ride Hogan's coattails to this very day. Hogan and Beefcake go way back, so I get that one. But what did Jimmy ever do for Hogan's career?

this.

Aiii

So not worth it
Looks like a couple of wrestlers didn't learn from the past and realized that being friends with John Cena in storyline is a sure fire way to get BERRIED.

RAW_963_Photo_133.jpg

RIP in peace Ziggler, Ryback and BIG RED, it was fun knowing you.

That aside, I appreciate the hell out of each and every one of you that watch Raw and inform us on whether or not to watch it, you guys are the true champions of this thread.

Hasney

Damn @ Darren Youngs new look. Although Adam Rose looking a bit rapey behind him was a bit worrying. Not looking like black Cena anymore now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom