• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolph Ziggler, Rowan, and Ryback are now on the Alumni page on WWE.com.

Holy shit lol. At least someone there is enjoying their job.

Here's the thing, Data West. Can Ryback pronounce Bullet?

He doesn't need to, he'll just get the crowd to chant everything for him.

guys,

was raw good

VYz2M.gif

Xater

Hahahaha some of you still watch RAW.

I heard the Reigns promo on Review-a-RAW, it was terrible and I laughed a lot.

The Spy Who Loved me might have the most ridiculous plot in the whole series.

A dude is stealing nuclear subs so he can destroy the land so he can start an underwater civilization. Because he has webbed hands.

You done From Russia With Love yet? It's my favourite so I want to find out how much you hate it.

I was also watching some Prime Time Wrestling and realized how important that show was to my image of Brain and Monsoon. Maybe modern WWE could use something like it, but it's probably too late for anyone to like JBL or Michael Cole. The show felt like you were hanging out with the announcers. Even though they quarreled on there, it was the show that made you feel like Brain and Monsoon really were friends. And it was also the show that felt like they were inviting you to hang out with them while dealing with their arguments. It's very mellow and relaxing unlike the SNMEs the PPVs and the Saturday morning shows before cartoons
braingiftxssa8.gif

It's magical. Easily the best non-wrestling wrestling content ever produced.
That would be brilliant. Booker T is crazy yet wrassle minded enough to be worth watching on a discussion show. Paul Heyman would be the perfect heel to him but Paul has way too much going on to do a show like that as well.

Would you look at maybe someone in the wider wrestling media like the WON guys? If only SCSA would give up the huntin life and settle down in a nice TV talk show role on the Network for us :(

UDQBYwL.gif

It's like a hippo is giving birth to Cesaro.

Cesaro is back in a match on Raw baby! Vince will be shocked at the ingenuity shown by Ces & The Kidd!

So we're back to the 2003 reign of darkness, with Steph and her husband coming out every fucking week to do a sleep-inducing 20 minute promo that will get shown over and over and over again throughout the show, then end the show by getting the last laugh.

y4JoxJ.gif

strobogo

Banned
You done From Russia With Love yet? It's my favourite so I want to find out how much you hate it.

I watched most of it, but didn't do a review on it. It was okay, but I also didn't want to finish it. I should probably try to finish it, since I mostly enjoyed Dr. No and that was about 80% pacing around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of movies, I just got done with My Dinner With Andre. Surprisingly enjoyable movie, did something that I think a lot of movies suffer with and bridged the gap of 'oh this movie is too up its own ass' for the average movie goer by making the characters relateable. It's not very giffable though so I'll just post a Simpsons screencap instead.
tumblr_mmuavsMtUt1qh1gbmo1_500.png

Alucard

Banned
I think the funniest part of the Raw spoilers last night is the IC title continuing to play hot potato and meaning jack shit. It's gone from Ziggler to Miz to Ziggler to Harper to Ziggler to Bad News Barrett in the span of what?...2 or 3 months? That's 5 title changes in that span.

FUCK-THIS-COMPANY.jpg

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I think the funniest part of the Raw spoilers last night is the IC title continuing to play hot potato and meaning jack shit. It's gone from Ziggler to Miz to Ziggler to Harper to Ziggler to Bad News Barrett in the span of what?...2 or 3 months? That's 5 title changes in that span.

FUCK-THIS-COMPANY.jpg
The Ziggler vs Harper stuff was actually good too. It actually looked like the title meant something to them, but they kind of just forgot about that.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just spend a full two hours trying to successfully process a payment for a New 3DS Ambassador Edition, before the system finally processed my credit card.

Wrestling carny businesses have nothing on gaming, it's the ultimate carny business sector.

Fox318

FUCK-THIS-COMPANY.jpg
Belts are supposed to change hands.

Except the miz should never hold any belt.

Heroman

Banned

FUCK-THIS-COMPANY.jpg

THey been building the ic belt for a while, ziggler has never lost the belt clean.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

007 The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)

Man. FUCK THIS MOVIE. I really, really dislike the Moore movies where he's trying to be Connery's Bond. They feel gross and wrong. He's an insufferable twat to all the women in this, even though one is supposed to be the greatest spy Russia has. He uses another as a human shield, lets her get shot and killed, and doesn't even check on her. Just lets her die and it is never mentioned again. He's...extremely unlikable in this. Because Connery can get away with that shit. Moore can't and I'm glad those elements were dropped from his characterization after this movie. I don't like that it is a rip off of You Only Live Twice (and that Moonraker was an extreme rip off of this), but it is mostly Moore as Connery Bond that really bothers me. Also that it sure seems like the bad guy's big motivated to start WWIII and restart civilization underwater was because he had webbed hands.

Also weird was a shark eating a woman vagina first. And that never ending chase scene.

Alucard

Banned
I agree that belts should change hands, but when it's done so frequently in a short period of time, it doesn't mean a heck of a lot. Just makes all of the mid-card guys feel disposable, and it makes the belt feel disposable in the process.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How was Raw? I tuned out after the Ascension were berried.

T.A.L

Didn't catch any of raw but one of my close friends did inform me that Reigns cut a promo utilizing superman references and sound effects. How was it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what you're saying Hasney is that it...is the end

hamchan

Didn't catch any of raw but one of my close friends did inform me that Reigns cut a promo utilizing superman references and sound effects. How was it?

You could totally see the acting classes kick in. He made me believe he was superman.

Fox318

I know this topic has been addressed but why must they force it. Why can't guys develop naturally. I liked him way more before I knew the rocket was strapped to him
How can guys develope when cena is the only person writing cares about?

Ryder got over on his own and They buried him for it.

Only way to get over with Vince is make sure you have brightly colored shirts.

Heroman

Banned
I know this topic has been addressed but why must they force it. Why can't guys develop naturally. I liked him way more before I knew the rocket was strapped to him

There are some people who will always be bad on the mic so the wwe has to do dumb shit to make them so good which in turn make them sound bad.

FUCK-THIS-COMPANY.jpg

Welcome to the past 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom