• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn... big guy :(
Time to watch Raw, because if there's one thing people hate more than someone bitching, it's somene bitching from an uninformed position. I make this sacrifice so I'm less annoying to you cunts lovely people.

simon-garfunkel-4.gif

having just seen the Ryback backstage fallout, it took a few loops to realize he's not standing backstage at RAW

Hasney

Got the footnotes from the thread on what HHH/Steph said because I was bored, thanks fellow thread posters. Good Ziggs/BnB match, already annoyed with JBL saying Corpus.

So, honest question...

Who the hell is going to wrestle on RAW next week? 3 faces "fired" for at least a few weeks including 1 massive babyface and "Beast Mode With Feels" Ryback who's actually doing well, plus Ambrose is written off until they can find a new use for him.

We have... Reigns, Cena, Usos? Is there literally any one else? Anyone that's not "the crowd goes mild!" variety? The Skinsuit Tagteam will join BnB and Mizdow as heels that are over. I'm assuming this forces Orton back next week or the crowd won't have any one to even think they're supposed to root for.

So, honest question...

Who the hell is going to wrestle on RAW next week? 3 faces "fired" for at least a few weeks including 1 massive babyface and "Beast Mode With Feels" Ryback who's actually doing well, plus Ambrose is written off until they can find a new use for him.

We have... Reigns, Cena, Usos? Is there literally any one else? Anyone that's not "the crowd goes mild!" variety? The Skinsuit Tagteam will join BnB and Mizdow as heels that are over. I'm assuming this forces Orton back next week or the crowd won't have any one to even think they're supposed to root for.

two Usos singles matches, baby!

Hasney

Enjoyed Luke Harper just for special ref J&J.

EDIT: Fuck Cena appreciation for not showing Christian interrupting Cenas first night on Raw with some sick flows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the best looking Sting
He got worse and worse looking as the years went by. The longer hair, the facepaint was less intimidating, the weird bodysuit that made him look more like a wrestler and less like a murderous psychopath. And then the promos just became Surfer Sting but with black and white face paint. And he looked terrible with Wolfpac colors because it looked like Luger rammed his face in tomato sauce when they were wrestling out by the pool.

Hasney

Raw may have taken an hour, but that's what happens when buffering is needed from scanning around.

Man that was bad. I would still be marking if I thought there was a chance THE BIG GUY would never be on TV again though.

Watching Raw now, why did Cole say every wrestler and Diva was in the ring? They clearly weren't, does Cole thing he's on radio, not TV?

Also why was the Diva's champ outside the ring? Natalya was in the ring yet the champ isn't up on stage with Captain Douche. That's stupid.

Friends, in honor of John Sina Appreciation Night, everyone name one thing they like about John.

It's not his fault.

This happened

cvmlrLr.gif

Vicious and Delicious would be proud (although I have no idea if they ever did that, it just makes sense that Norton and Buff would have).

Finally, I've waited 12 years for The Johnsons to return to our Televisions. Looks like they've worked out a bit too.

tna_johnsons.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Frankly, I knew I wasn't going to return to watching Raw weekly, but I enjoyed last weeks episode enough and found it different enough that I would get this week a chance and see what went down. Instead I got another Bray vs Ambrose match that dragged for what feels like an eternity, Adam Rose vs A New Day, Usos vs Mizdow again, the same 'insincere heel authority figure' Authority promos I got before they were done with a wrestler that they don't work with (Cena), and several wrestlers getting sacrificed to keep Cena stronk which will be erased in a week's time anyways and will either lead to one of two things, Cena sacrificing like the true hero to get them back or them turning heel to make Cena even more the underdog as the face of the entire promotion being booked as an underdog has made sense for 10 years.

It is amazing to me how well WWE fucks up expectations. No one should be this bad at it intentionally.

Hasney

Finally, I've waited 12 years for The Johnsons to return to our Televisions. Looks like they've worked out a bit too.

tna_johnsons.jpg

Man, if it took them that long to stop being so green, maybe there's hope for Ryback yet and I've been too hard on THE BIG GUY.
I just want Ryback to be unfired. You can keep Ziggler and Rowan fired, just FEED ME MORE.

What is this, opposite day? Am I supposed to be the dumb as fuck one in a sitcom that now plays along with it?

EDIT: Actually, I have no feelings on THE SHEEP GUY as of now.

Mahonay

Banned
It is amazing to me how well WWE fucks up expectations. No one should be this bad at it intentionally.
Considering it's a company run by people that despise many of their own fans, it's not that surprising. Vince gives you the show that Vince wants. And he wants you to fucking know it.

I 100 percent knew that last week was just a fluke. They were forced to wing it due to a tight schedule that paired down the roster, and they did some stuff out of the norm.

Sounds like this week was back to business as usual. Fucking trash.

Marvel

could never
Cesaro and Kidd saved Raw for me, fucking dire show.

This is the best looking Sting

He got worse and worse looking as the years went by. The longer hair, the facepaint was less intimidating, the weird bodysuit that made him look more like a wrestler and less like a murderous psychopath. And then the promos just became Surfer Sting but with black and white face paint. And he looked terrible with Wolfpac colors because it looked like Luger rammed his face in tomato sauce when they were wrestling out by the pool.

Totally agree about crow sting.

lyZIb14.jpg

Murderous psychopath indeed.

What is this, opposite day? Am I supposed to be the dumb as fuck one in a sitcom that now plays along with it?

EDIT: Actually, I have no feelings on THE SHEEP GUY as of now.

Rowan has no future as a singles wrestler, and Ziggler's future present is enhancement talent. Obviously they're only kayfabe fired, but I wouldn't all of a sudden miss them if they got a pink slip. Ryback has brought me much more joy than either of the other two.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh shit the debut of Man Mountain Rock on this episode of Superstars.

No way is anybody popping like that for a fallaway slam

Well, in the wake of such a dire RAW I guess this deserves plugging again;

#RAWlternative - January 19th;

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeyondWrestling

Matches announced:

- Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros courtesy of Smash Wrestling (Twitter: @smashwrestling)
- Ricochet vs. Josh Alexander courtesy of Alpha-1 Wrestling (Twitter: @A1Wrestling)
- Chris Hero vs. Colin Delaney courtesy of 2CW: Squared Circle Wrestling (Twitter: @2CW)

Complain about something different, for a change. Or don't, whatever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Superstars has a commercial for some movie called The Hunted that looks like the most white man's burden movie I've ever seen.

It also has Raiden in it.
EPUegWQ.jpg

COWBOY BRET HART

Holy crap, I just heard a clip of the Roman Reigns promo on Raw. I don't want to wish unemployment on anyone, but they need to fire their fucking writers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
32UdK7d.jpg

Who invited Douglas

Why is LT the face in his feud with Bam Bam? LT got in Bam Bam's face after Bam Bam lost the titles due to his moron partner. LT's head was over the barricade. LT won't fight Bam Bam and has his chicken shit lawyers threatening to sue. Bam Bam is a god damn hero.

So apparently the jobber that Vader fucked up back in WCW 1992 with that powerbomb finally wrestled his first match back at some indy show in Georgia last weekend.

Looking like Suzuki-gun will invade NOAH at some point, keep an eye out for the results of NOAH's Korakuen show this weekend. Some good match-ups there, TMDK vs KES, Marufuji vs Suzuki, Ohara & Kenou vs TAKA & Taichi, Kotoge vs El Desperado, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Commercial for Get Smart featuring Andy Dick on it and a 'new episode of The Simpsons' and it's the paddle episode.

It truly is 1995.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I seem to recall thinking the Andy Dick show was funnier than The Tom Green show. That's about all of my exposure post NewsRadio..

Stephanie's promos lose their edge when you realize they're all the exact same.

They should give them a rest for a few weeks tbh

Haha awesome shop Fox. He'll be back next week as if nothing happened, I bet the writers have already forgotten.

New Generation and Attitude Era also had the mentality that you can push more than one person though.

That's crazy talk! No way that would work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom