• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol just saw the announcers burying the shit out of The Ascension.

JBL and Book seemed legit pissed about the Road Warriors thing.

Well they clearly had to bury the The Ascension for that, it's not as though the shitty promo and the gimmick were created by the 20 writers on the show.

When Cole was a heel commentator, he also praised Cena, from what I can remember. Cena is exempt from traditional announcing dynamics.

There was one week that Cole went heelish on Cena as he entered the ring for a match ("He's such a phony!" "I'm so sick of him!"). He stopped after that match - I think even during that match - and never did it again.

I just imagine the writers room would be like the one from Itchy & Scratchy in The Simpsons. They are told what to do and just cruise through life. No way they would take pride in their work, otherwise they would have mental breakdowns from how much it gets fucked up by Vince et al. At this point they have checked out.
I know someone who's met a few of the writers and he's told me they're not as miserable as one would think they might be. I don't know, maybe they're good liars.

Good luck on trying to start a family by the way, hope it's nothing serious.

The two best things about Raw last night

1) The surreal as shit John Cena 'celebration' at the end

2) JBL fucking immediately burying The Ascension after their promo

JBL was burying them from the moment they walked out to the ring all the way to the commercial break lol. Dude does not give a fuck.

What a fuckup in terms of bringing the talent up to the main roster. Almost as if they are doing it on purpose so they can discard them ASAP.

Mahonay

Banned
Is there a day when there's not a camera in front him? Dude has been working nonstop on TV and movies. Good for him.
Clearly building enough bank for him and Austin to start their own federation together.

On the topic of new wrestling organizations that actually exist, I could not be happier with the direction of GFW. Jeff Jarrett seems so invested in improving the business as a whole. Some feel good type of shit. I hope he gets some steam and it becomes something bigger.

gaiadyne

H71VBEI.gif

this is why there aren't any females in wrasslegaf

Tyson Kidd is never going to be over with his cat shit.

It's wrestling targeted to make tumblr gifs.

His gimmick is he likes cats because his dick doesn't work even though his wife is hot.

Explain to me how he gets over?

With great in-ring wrestling! Also the rub from Cesaro of course :)

He can become a great midcard guy. Bust his heart out to put on great matches in a FnP manner and the kids will love it.

This thread may ogle the fine ladies of wrestling but I'd say 90% of the pics/gifs are of sweaty muscular (sorry punk) men in underwear/tights. There's just no ogling over it because it's the norm for wrasslin.

Anyway not enough paige.

Hasney

With great in-ring wrestling! Also the rub from Cesaro of course :)

He can become a great midcard guy. Bust his heart out to put on great matches in a FnP manner and the kids will love it.

I seriously hope that Kidd and Cesaro go back to NXT for a feud with Hideo and Finn.

Wrestling is pretty dumb. Overt sexism is just a small piece of why normal people don't like this carny ass shit.

I do my best to lean into it. Fuck it.

It is best to always Corey Graves into everything in life

but... but... Ryback Rules right?!

It the same way that Sid rules the world, sure

This thread may ogle the fine ladies of wrestling but I'd say 90% of the pics/gifs are of sweaty muscular (sorry punk) men in underwear/tights. There's just no ogling over it because it's the norm for wrasslin.

Anyway not enough paige.

Go watch Total Divas for that I hear

Mahonay

Banned

Anyway not enough paige.
I don't know, we've been pretty spoiled lately with the likes of Finn Balor and Roman Reigns. Kenny Omega is pretty magnificent looking as well.

but... but... Ryback Rules right?!

It the same way that Sid rules the world, sure
I approve of this logic.

UberTag

There was one week that Cole went heelish on Cena as he entered the ring for a match ("He's such a phony!" "I'm so sick of him!"). He stopped after that match - I think even during that match - and never did it again.
Cole was probably thinking he should rail on Cena "because that's what a heel announcer would do" and then Vince yelled at him for not making Cena out to be the hottest shit on the roster.

somedevil

From Pwinsider:

The entire script for last night's WWE RAW was re-written at 3pm EST on Monday.

Regarding the creative for last night's RAW, it was noted backstage that a lot of the lines that Stephanie McMahon and Triple H did were something that sounded like it was straight out of Vince McMahon's mouth. There was a feeling that Vince took the script at 3pm, tore it up and re-write it. The belief was that the promos from The Authority were Vince's vision, and they were executing it, and not the voice of Triple H and Stephanie.

There was a lot of people backstage unhappy with the show. The feeling was Ryback, Erick Rowan and Dolph Ziggler were left in a bad spot with the "firing" angle at the end of the show, especially Ziggler.

So the usual Vince rewrite.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, it was really racist. There would have been a shitstorm if it was a similar statement against black people. It wasn't even said jokingly either.
Although it has to be said that WWE has been nonstop racist pretty much since it's inception. You could spend a week trying to pin down all of their misdoings in this area.

Impressive that they're still keeping it going in 2015.

I already knew JBL was an awful person, so it's hardly surprising. When WWE has people like Michael Hayes in charge behind the scenes, you can expect little to be done about it.

Hasney

I just noticed that PM light orange, so sorry to those PMs I never replied to since most of them are from people "up in hurrrr". I shall endeavour to notice it next time someone wants to speak to me now we have the holidays out the way (and therefore I'm more sober).

Striker

Yeah, it was really racist. There would have been a shitstorm if it was a similar statement against black people. It wasn't even said jokingly either.
He (they?) have a big history of racist storylines, characters, or segments. Are we surprised anymore?

Mahonay

Banned
Rewriting an entire 3 hour show at 3 pm is such a stupid thing to do.

Vince needs to retire. Pure and simple. This is no way to run things.
He seems absolutely set on staying put until he is physically unable to do so.

It's going to take his death, or a new organization to rise up.

Save us Jeff Jarrett.

UberTag

Rewriting an entire 3 hour show at 3 pm is such a stupid thing to do.

Vince needs to retire. Pure and simple. This is no way to run things.
And yet you know and I know Vince retiring is something that will NEVER... EVER... happen.
Retiring is something Vince's father did.
And then, like what happens to a lot of workaholics when they retire, Vince Sr. died two short years later.

I often joke about Vince needing to die for him to free the WWE from his callous self-destruction but A) if he did retire and Triple H did a better job than him at running the day-to-day creative of the company (which he almost certainly would... hell, anyone could at this point) his pride would be irreparably wounded and B) he probably worries that if he stops and retires, he'll die soon afterward like his Dad did.

And I don't care how big Vince Jr.'s graprefuits are... I suspect he fears death.

He (they?) have a big history of racist storylines, characters, or segments. Are we surprised anymore?

Yeah, but most things are open to interpretation with gimmicks like dancing black people and etc. This was straight up racist against a group of people in a mean spirited way.

kiguel182

He seems absolutely set on staying put until he is physically unable to do so.

It's going to take his death, or a new organization to rise up.

Save us Jeff Jarrett.

And yet you know and I know Vince retiring is something that will NEVER... EVER... happen.

Yeah, he will only retire when dead or if he gets really sick.

I'm kind hopeful that HHH might try and minimize things as much as he can but I don't see it happening.

Mahonay

Banned
We are talking about a show were the only three wrestlers in them are in a gospel group together.
I watched that first match with The New Day and it really bothered me. When ever I decide to watch a RAW, or if they are on a PPV, I skip it now. Which sucks since all of those guys are fantastic.

strobogo

Banned
JBL can't be racist because his best friend and best man is black, he lives on an island, and grew up in Texas with Mexicans. He's totally not racist.

Striker

Yeah, but most things are open to interpretation with gimmicks like dancing black people and etc. This was straight up racist against a group of people in a mean spirited way.
They won't give a shit unless there's some public media outcry. I mean, from a company who goes about promoting anti-bullying campaigns, which is about as big of a farce as their wellness policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom