• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Don't think Dean is on his level but imagine if Vince pushed Austin after KOtR as Ambrose has been pushed since going solo.

He pretty much did for a few months.

By popular demand, new Paige

tumblr_nerhqokC0W1snhdpvo2_400.gif

kiguel182

I watched that first match with The New Day and it really bothered me. When ever I decide to watch a RAW, or if they are on a PPV, I skip it now. Which sucks since all of those guys are fantastic.

It could've been a swerve and a really clever one at that but no. It's just dumb at racist.

The only good thing about it is that it lets Big E do a little comedy and I think he's a genuinely funny guy.

But yeah, there are way better ways to use all three of them and it's a waste of talent.

UberTag

I'm kind hopeful that HHH might try and minimize things as much as he can but I don't see it happening.
If Vince is rewriting Triple H's promos, I think it's quite clear that Hunter is going to appease Dad when it comes to the WWE so long as he's free to run NXT however he pleases.

Someone really needs to get Vince out of creative. He is torpedoing his own company. He can't be chairman, run Gorilla, head creative, and juggle the other 30 fucking things he does as head of the company.

For the good of the business and shareholders someone needs to step up and tell him his 3pm rewrites are why 3 hours every week are shit and it's why ratings are stagnant or have dropped.

I guess we know why it was Jern Cener appreciation night last night. And why performers were "fired"

kiguel182

If Vince is rewriting Triple H's promos, I think it's quite clear that Hunter is going to appease Dad when it comes to the WWE so long as he's free to run NXT however he pleases.

That's a good point.

But, apparently, he changed Vince's mind from doing Rock vs Brock at Mania. Or maybe Rock just said no.

Mahonay

Banned
Someone really needs to get Vince out of creative. He is torpedoing his own company. He can't be chairman, run Gorilla, head creative, and juggle the other 30 fucking things he does as head of the company.

For the good of the business and shareholders someone needs to step up and tell him his 3pm rewrites are why 3 hours every week are shit and it's why ratings are stagnant or have dropped.

I guess we know why it was Jern Cener appreciation night last night. And why performers were "fired"
Imagine they took Cole away from the desk, put him in the Gorilla Position (apparently does a great job in NXT) in place of Vince, take JBL out of commentary as well and put him into The Authority, then have Jerry's walking corpse retire.

Bring in Tom Phillips, Corey Graves, and I dunno...JR?

Question, is it at all possible for the wrestlers to ever go on strike? What could make it (im)possible?

Same thing that would happen if they formed a union: Vince says they need him more than he needs them, lets them all go and signs cheaper talent he can control, while everybody else is blackballed from companies and have to settle for either normal people retail jobs or have to settle for much much less at indy wrestling companies than they made at WWE

Alucard

Banned
AJ Styles vs. Bobby Fish is happening on February 21st in Atlanta, Georgia. Fresh match from ROH in AJ's home town. I dig it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Question, is it at all possible for the wrestlers to ever go on strike? What could make it (im)possible?
The only way they could ever hope to have a successful strike is if John Cena backed them and that will just never happen. Other people with clout or seniority won't budge either.

JBL was burying them from the moment they walked out to the ring all the way to the commercial break lol. Dude does not give a fuck.

What a fuckup in terms of bringing the talent up to the main roster. Almost as if they are doing it on purpose so they can discard them ASAP.

fucking millenials have to reach for that br-br-brass ring, get over despite the shit thrown at them.

be the best! around!

Mahonay

Banned
The only way they could ever hope to have a successful strike is if John Cena backed them and that will just never happen. Other people with clout or seniority won't budge either.
Absolutely. Cena really thrives in the current bullshit political structure within the WWE. He stands to gain too much from his spot right now. If I were Cena, I'd have a hard time wanting things to change either.

I do wonder how his body is holding up, though. Maybe the locker room can convince him that his physical well being is more important.

LOL no.

UberTag

So, what would WrassleGAF say is the best movie featuring Dwayne " 'The People's Champ' The Rock" Johnson is?
Best movie with Dwayne in a leading role...

ff57c98feac80bf058bd5b4b036233a4-98.jpg

Best movie with Dwayne in a supporting role...

b6ee84227248922fae8fe4d2eb6ea4d8-98.jpg
OR
09c06f4352e2a669e3ec748e300d536a-98.jpg

Best movie Dwayne was involved with making in any capacity...

5fa9105115960ef6b9933de1b8b7417c-98.jpg

kiguel182

JBL was burying them from the moment they walked out to the ring all the way to the commercial break lol. Dude does not give a fuck.

What a fuckup in terms of bringing the talent up to the main roster. Almost as if they are doing it on purpose so they can discard them ASAP.

Given what we know about Dunn vs HHH stuff I wouldn't be surprised if it was on purpose.

But yeah, it was fucking awful what commentary did during that segment.

strobogo

Banned
The smartest things dudes like Cena/Hogan/Rock could do is buy a $200K house in somewhere like Indiana or Iowa. Indy would be a dope place, actually. I've been inside a $1M home in Indy. It's massive. Like the size of a $7-10M home in Florida or California. The airport flies to anywhere and if you can't get a flight out of there, Chicago, Cincy, St. Louis are all within driving distance. Downside is you have to live in Indiana. But you'll live like a god instead of a king.

Mahonay

Banned
JR won't do the weekly job any more even if it was offered to him.
You could get him for special events but that's about it.
If CM Punk hadn't been sent packing he could've been great in commentary if he wanted to give his body a rest. Obviously that's a pipe dream. No shitty pun intended.

It was racist shit to say they just got off a raft from the Gulf of Mexico though because they were Mexican and it was Texas. How is he not in trouble for that?

They say some real fucked up stuff on the WWE shows in terms of racially insensitive remarks. Last night was business as usual, I shook my head but wasn't surprised.

Probably his best movie right? I Snitch and it wasn't bad either. I honestly don't think I've seen many of Rock's movies.
So, what would WrassleGAF say is the best movie featuring Dwayne " 'The People's Champ' The Rock" Johnson is?

Welcome To The Jungle/The Rundown easily. Dude is magnetic as fuck, totally thought he was going to be the next Arnie after this role. One of my favourite action movies ever.
Walken, Stifler & Rosario Dawson were all perfect too.
Highly highly recommend this movie.

I thought he was great in bit parts in Get Smart & The Other Guys. He was FnP in GI Joe Retaliation too.

Skyfall is definitely one of the prettiest movies out there, but I remember thinking the pacing was really weird in it with the villain showing up randomly halfway through the movie or whenever it was...and that key/disc thing on the train at the beginning being forgotten about pretty quickly.

Didn't that data thing have a NOC list on it? And the result of Bond failing was the list got leaked and a bunch of MI6 agents got killed which is why the Poms are trying to hang M?
Bad guy starts up in the story once Bond gets his mojo/badge back.

I haven't seen it in a while tbh.

dream

I don't know why people are getting mad at me because I posted a thread saying racism shouldn't be ok.

Because you're foregrounding the race baiting that American pro wrestling has always been centered on. It's been happening for so long that it's obviously effective because it's tapping into what the American pro wrestling audience wants. You and I both know that American pro wrestling is some lowest common denominator trash, but I think a lot of fans don't want to accept that. So they make flimsy excuses which essentially amount to "well, it's always been like that" in order to somehow absolve themselves of being fans of bottom feeding racist programming.

UberTag

Vince will be writing the show from his death bed.
I hear he's getting his casket retrofitted with a satellite transponder and a monitor so he can watch, rewrite and shout instructions to the commentary team once he's buried in Connecticut soil.

Because you're foregrounding the race baiting that American pro wrestling has always been centered on. It's been happening for so long that it's obviously effective because it's tapping into what the American pro wrestling audience wants. You and I both know that American pro wrestling is some lowest common denominator trash, but I think a lot of fans don't want to accept that. So they make flimsy excuses which essentially amount to "well, it's always been like that" in order to somehow absolve themselves of being fans of bottom feeding racist programming.

They essentially amount to the Confederates during the Civil War who wanted to keep slaves since it's "always been like that"

PInk Tape

Banned
Christ, I ordered a New 3DS charging cradle and Persona Q 3DS case so long ago I actually forgot and they're just now being readied for dispatch.

This saga is going to go on longer than The Ascensions total WWE career.
How long ago was that? November?
It's just something I say when it gets a little bit thirsty in here. Which is ALL THE TIME.
Oh... Well I guess you know my not-so-secret secret :p but yeah I learned a while ago not to browse this thread at school. Unless you want awkward conversations.

dream

They essentially amount to the Confederates during the Civil War who wanted to keep slaves since it's "always been like that"

Right, but who cares? Daniel Bryan's back! Sami Zayn is the champ! Fuck Roman Reigns! Chanting "yes!" is much more fun than confronting the woeful representations of race in American pro wrestling.

With Bones Jones getting popped for cocaine, it's as good a time as any for Punk to remind everybody that he's drug free, alcohol free, and better than you.

Will we need to send DDP to help Jones with his drug troubles?

I'm honestly really looking forward to the Rumble.

Either the Roman empire is going to crash and burn in the most glorious fashion or WWE is going to perform some unholy black magic to stop Reigns from getting Batista'd after Bryan gets tossed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom