• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that Adam Rose?

ohhh.png

So since getting moved to the main roster is a death sentence for NXT talent do you think some NXT guys are begging not to be moved up?

I would almost avatar bet that we will get stories come out in a few years of talent having emotional chats with H behind closed doors trying to work out how to fly under Vince's radar while still putting on a good show. I bet Neville is getting worried right about now.

The smartest things dudes like Cena/Hogan/Rock could do is buy a $200K house in somewhere like Indiana or Iowa. Indy would be a dope place, actually. I've been inside a $1M home in Indy. It's massive. Like the size of a $7-10M home in Florida or California. The airport flies to anywhere and if you can't get a flight out of there, Chicago, Cincy, St. Louis are all within driving distance. Downside is you have to live in Indiana. But you'll live like a god instead of a king.

200K? Fuck me, that wouldn't even buy a block of land in town here in the countryside. Weird how certain stuff is cheaper/more expensive in the US compared to here.

That's a good point.

But, apparently, he changed Vince's mind from doing Rock vs Brock at Mania. Or maybe Rock just said no.
I think I recall the issue there was that Rocks schedule didn't have room in it for a Mania program, I could be remembering that wrong though tbh.

JBL can't be racist because his best friend and best man is black, he lives on an island, and grew up in Texas with Mexicans. He's totally not racist.

"I'm not racist! My best friend man is black!"

I seriously hope that Kidd and Cesaro go back to NXT for a feud with Hideo and Finn.

That would actually work quite well, all 4 are really athletic and they match up well in terms of size and contrasting styles (Kidd/Finn, Cesaro/Hideo) to allow for some fun spot themes (big punching Cesaro vs precise kicking Hideo).

All 4 are really talented too so I couldn't see it being anything but a fun time for all involved. Would make it an end of series program though, hard to top that kind of tag team action!

I know someone who's met a few of the writers and he's told me they're not as miserable as one would think they might be. I don't know, maybe they're good liars.

Good luck on trying to start a family by the way, hope it's nothing serious.
Was it more about how comfortable they are rather than how miserable it is? I'd expect they would've quickly gotten over the disappointment of how their ideas pan out due to the culture of "oh well, it's WWE, it's been shit for ages, paycheck is nice".

Thanks for the kind thoughts too :)
We already have a son who has nagged us for 2 years for a sibling, we are super lucky to have him in our lives.

Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar are both on Raw next week.

In New Orleans. Where they both had big moments last year.

Not advertised.

A bit baffling.

Carnby

Judging by all the Roman Reigns gifs here, I'd guess many watch for the homoeroticism, not that there is anything wrong with that. Personally they might as well combine everything into one character. Have a gay white man who hates black people and beats his live in boyfriend.

Following a homophobic insult with "not that there's anything wrong with it" doesn't make it acceptable. Unbelievable.

Who would you guys want Ambrose to feud with next?

- Big Show
- Kane
- Hollywood Hogan during his "I'm the captain now" booking run

Kane needs to be fed to Bray in their next program. Bray wants the old Kane back, the demon Kane (not the shitty mask demon Kane though). Old school. He wants a minion of pure evil to turn WWE into a cesspit of [insert synonym for evil here].

Kane tries to remain calm and korporate. Bray destroys everything he loves; the coffee machine, the stapler, the rubber stamp. Then Bray goes for the little kids, Rollins style. Kane unleashes the demon within and royally fucks Bray up, Bray laughs happily as he is wheeled away bleeding and broken on a stretcher.

Kane disappears from TV for a few weeks while Bray cuts random promos walking with a lantern in random locations singing a song about finding Big Red or some shit. You know the type of vague yet obvious promos he can do.

Finally Bray is beside himself on Raw and cuts a promo in the ring about how he and Kane could have done magical things. Out comes some random face to call him a stupid head and OUTTA NOWHERE Demon Kane bursts out from under the mat/hell in a blaze of pyro! Kane destroys random face which talking in a Batman voice.

They then terrorise random faces for a few weeks before Kane realises Bray is a millennial piece of shit who isn't up to Attitude era Kane standards. Kane destroys Bray and Undertaker has to step in and blah blah blah. Leads to Kane vs Undertaker in a retirement match, Undertaker goes out on a high.

I'm bored at work.

Following a homophobic insult with "not that there's anything wrong with it" doesn't make it acceptable. Unbelievable.

It's an insult as a gay man to like Roman Reigns? I dont get it. Not that there is anything wrong with that is a joke that calls back to a Seinfeld episode.

Carnby

It's an insult as a gay man to like Roman Reigns? I dont get it. Not that there is anything wrong with that is a joke that calls back to a Seinfeld episode.

"not that there's anything wrong with that" was added after many table reads when they realized how homophobic the episode was, just like your post.

PInk Tape

Banned
So I was out picking up my books from CLC when I saw a teacher who looked exactly like Cesaro glasses and all. Seriously.
At least with Kane there's a higher chance of Ambrose going over. Assuming he has any momentum left after
Never did I think I'd hope for an Ambrose/Kane feud in a bad case scenario :/

Ok I posted this before and said I missed the end of Raw and a friend of mine asked if the Rowan, Zigs and Ryback firing were legit? I told them no but they want to know the story line

UberTag

Ok I posted this before and said I missed the end of Raw and a friend of mine asked if the Rowan, Zigs and Ryback firing were legit? I told them no but they want to know the story line
Are you sure your friends weren't trolling you? We had a bunch of people in here spouting off that kind of nonsense last night, too. So they're either trolls or incredibly stupid.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that the WWE is still advertising Ziggler, Rowan and Ryback for house shows this weekend. You know they're going to pull that "these guys are really fired but just working their remaining contractual house show dates" horseshit they always do to justify why a "fired on RAW performer" is still on the tour. It's just so lame and insulting (like many things the WWE does).

How about you don't "pretend fire" your employees every 3 months?
How about you don't have doppelganger evil authority figures who always get undermined and the storylines revolve around whether "the performer who just wants to entertain us" still has a job or not?
How about you actually have feuds, rivalries, wrestlers who want to kick each other's asses and challenge for titles and all of that old school wrasslin goodness?
Is that not entertaining enough for us?

Fuck off and die Vince McMahon. (Not you Sunny... the other one.)

There is nothing more permanent than an on-camera firing.
Thank you for the info. I told him it was just a story line

E: Uber, my friends are fans just watch it and don't check out dirt sheets and stuff. So whenever we talk about it I give them the info. Like for instance Orton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom